I really pissed a cop off this morning

Wow. I've never had a single problem with that from the police officers in my major metropolitan area suburb or metro. They have always appreciated not being cussed at, glared at, treated like they were a threat when they were doing their job. Maybe all your law enforcement problems are indicative of YOUR personality issues with authority?

Then again, I almost never get pulled over, and am usually working WITH the cops to deal with an incident, and have gotten to know they are people too working a high risk/high stress job that has many people automatically putting their asshole skills to work just because they see a badge and appreciate someone treating them like the valued professional they are.

Of course, I'm a conservative and by nature don't assume cops are pigs and the enemy. "Tolerantly neural" denotes an attitude of smug superiority to those working a dangerous public service, and demeaning view of their efforts. Although they may be used to it, my good treatment of them may lessen their negative attitude towards others instead of confirming the all too often attitude that the public are scum. I choose not to live down to the all too often true stereotype.

I am always amazed at the shit people give police officers on the show "COPS". It does seem to be the way society has been groomed as of late. You watch a basketball game, you and the rest of the millions watching see a blatant foul, it's called, the player acts incredulous to being accused of a foul. He knows what he did, the fans know what he did, but he will argue with the ref and the fans will whine and scream bullshit. Same happens with every team sport, it's pathetic and sets a very bad example. The same goes for our court system and the many celebrities that get taken before them every day. Politicians and their lies, they have been caught and they still try to lie their way out of it.

I was stopped a few months ago at 3 am. I had gotten off from work at 1:30 and made it home by 2:00. I remembered that I had some snail mail that needed to get out and the post office had a 5 am pickup so I got in my car, put the top down, lit a cigar and took off. I live in a planned community of around 100,000 people outside of Houston, we don't have a police force, the Sheriff department of the county handles our police patrols. So I'm driving through the Market/town center on my way back home, looking at the new construction going on, smoking my stogie and enjoying the night air while listening to Sade. I'm driving down a boulevard with trees in the median and looking at the movies on the theater marque so I didn't look at the car driving in the opposite direction until he had gone by me. I saw it in my rear view mirror and it looked like a yellow cab that abruptly makes a u turn to rush up behind me. It had the ornate little taxi light on top but instead of taxi, it said sheriff. Being a pot smoker for thirty five years, this used to freak me out but since I haven't smoked in over 4 years and I was perfectly straight, I am not frightened in the least..... I don't necessarily want to waste my time with the whole pull over dance but I'm also not afraid of cops........ after all, I'm a middle aged white guy in a Sebring convertible.

I follow every rule of the road, signaling my intentions, stopping at every stop sign completely with the nose of the car even with the sign. I offer him no reason to stop me while he followed too closely for several blocks through 3 left turns and a right. On the last left turn the red and blue lights come on. I pull over and he walks up, a big, bald, irritated looking fellow caucasian. When he approaches he say "good morning sir, I noticed you made that last turn a little wide so I pulled you over to see if you were all right"...... the smoke from my nice Honduran cigar drifted into his face as I looked at him and said ..... " what does that mean?". He repeated that I had made the turn wide and was worried that I might have a problem. I told him that I appreciated his concern but I had no problem what so ever, that I had just got off work and had been to the post office to mail some bills before the 5 am pickup and was enjoying the night air on my way home a mile a way....... I then told him that I was 57 years old and didn't think there was a curfew for an old fart like me. He said that my story was reasonable, I was still in my uniform with my SIDA badge(allows me anywhere n the airport grounds, takes a background check with the FBI an assorted other agencies) around my neck, but since he had me pulled over, he would like to see my license and proof of insurance. I gave them to him and asked if I was free to continue smoking my cigar and listening to Sade........ he didn't answer. After wasting almost 10 minutes of my time fooling with his computer he came back, gave me my papers and said everything checks out. I asked him if he noticed how clean my record was, he said yes, I then told him that he could just tell me that he stopped me because he found it suspicious that I was driving through our community at 3 o'clock on a Sunday morning and wanted to make sure I was DUI or doing something I wasn't suppose to, that I understood and was actually happy to see he was paying attention...... he denied it. I told him I couldn't wait to go to work and tell all of my black and brown friends that I was pulled over for doing absolutely nothing wrong except for being white......he denied it again.
I saw another sheriff at Barnes and Noble the next week and asked him about what had happened to me. He said that the car was their new DUI task force car, painted from the rear to look like a yellow cab and the bald guy was a very gung ho DUI guy. He said that was a lame excuse but he was definitely hoping that I was drunk.
I did have fun telling the guys at work that even older, gray haired white guys get pulled over.:razz:

3isa.jpg

Oh shit!!! That's the bald cop that pulled me over!!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back