I really pissed a cop off this morning

Interesting reactions to Si Modo's story.

She did a bit of "speeding." When pulled over (& in reply to the cop's question), she could have said, "Gee, I don't know, officer. Why DID you pull me over?" But despite her right to remain silent, she chose to answer AND to be honest.

Yeah, the cop may have been in the wrong for "hoping for" a bigger fish to fry. But his initial behavior wasn't "wrong." Was it? And interestingly, Si Modo doesn't complain about having been pulled over.

However, many of the other "replies" take this thread as a good opportunity to bash cops.

So, now, out of passing curiosity, who thinks that the officer was "wrong" to pull over a motorist who candidly acknowledges that she was speeding?
Nope. I was speeding and I was nabbed. So, he was right in pulling me over.

He was way over the top for the rest.

I guess Kitten Koder-light will have to do. :lol:

Or, you COULD (theoretically) be honest for once and just acknowledge that stopping a self-admitted speeding motorist was perfectly proper, at least to that limited extent.

Lighten up francis :eusa_angel:

Stopping a motorist is not the issue here. Or are you just playing the devils advocate here? Just curious

I guess Kitten Koder-light will have to do. :lol:

Or, you COULD (theoretically) be honest for once and just acknowledge that stopping a self-admitted speeding motorist was perfectly proper, at least to that limited extent.

I honestly wasn't there.

But of course that never stops you from jumping to conclusions. :thup:

You honestly don't HAVE to have been there when the motorist herself acknowledges that she had been speeding in the very story (the OP) YOU are commenting on.

That entails no "jumping to conclusions," you dishonest imbecile. :eusa_liar::cuckoo:

In future, Si...never give them ideas when they pull you over.

I always get the ball rolling by working up some tears and crying as they approach, "What did I DOOO???"

Even though I generally know exactly what I did.

Also, flash some cleavage. It never hurts. Especially with dyke cops...

Yup.

Nothing pisses off a cop more than thinking he's nabbed a criminal and finding out he's wrong.

I know two people who had their residences searched (with warrants and everything) and in both cases they said they were shocked by how pissed off (and rude) the cops got when they didn't find the drugs they were sure were there. In one case, the guy had a huge salt water fish tank and some neighbor tipped off the cops thinking he had a grow lamp. The other was the wrong apartment number.
Yup. Crazy shit.

I am glad that it is protocol that back-up be called when there is suspected drunk driving. Whew. At least he had more of a level head.

I'm not anti-cop but it seems that it takes a special personality to do the job. And, sometimes that personality is too much to do the job effectively, IMO. As long as I know that and keep my head, I should be OK, but this was a bit close.
I got out of a ticket once by being honest.

Was headed to work early, no traffic, light turned yellow. Thought I could beat it. I didn't. Cop pulled me over.

"Sir, do you know any reason I shouldn't give you a ticket for running a red light?"

"No, ma'am, I sure don't."

"Leave earlier next time."

"Yes, ma'am. Thank you."

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos

I always get the ball rolling by working up some tears and crying as they approach, "What did I DOOO???"

:lmao:

Too funny! I have a friend who got busted for a DUI...not good. She is a gorgeous, tall blonde woman. It was a female cop who busted her. My friend apparently is a bit belligerent when buzzed and asked the cop if this is Tip #11 in the Dyke Guide to Picking up Chicks.

Her night went downhill from there.

Yup.

Nothing pisses off a cop more than thinking he's nabbed a criminal and finding out he's wrong.

I know two people who had their residences searched (with warrants and everything) and in both cases they said they were shocked by how pissed off (and rude) the cops got when they didn't find the drugs they were sure were there. In one case, the guy had a huge salt water fish tank and some neighbor tipped off the cops thinking he had a grow lamp. The other was the wrong apartment number.
Yup. Crazy shit.

I am glad that it is protocol that back-up be called when there is suspected drunk driving. Whew. At least he had more of a level head.

I'm not anti-cop but it seems that it takes a special personality to do the job. And, sometimes that personality is too much to do the job effectively, IMO. As long as I know that and keep my head, I should be OK, but this was a bit close.

Was headed to work early, no traffic, light turned yellow. Thought I could beat it. I didn't. Cop pulled me over.

"Sir, do you know any reason I shouldn't give you a ticket for running a red light?"

"Yes, ma'am. Thank you."

David Letterman (famed for having a lead foot before he became infamous for being a scumbag) once told the story of how a Connecticut State Trooper pulled him over for speeding.

Cop to Letterman: Do you have any idea why I pulled you over?

Letterman to cop: Why, yes sir. I imagine it has something to do with the fact that I was going 75 miles per hour in a 50 mile per hour zone.

Cop to Letterman: Why, that's exactly right. Be on your way.

If it were me, I would've Jedi-mind tricked the cop into letting me off with a warning. I've been pulled over for one reason or another probably a dozen times in my life. I've only been ticketed 3 times.

This isn't the weed you're looking for.

Hey your the guy that has an animation of a homosexual dancing with a Muppet.

Well you can see, that's good to know. Problem with that?

Though before you get yourself riled up, do realize I was agreeing with you through the use of sarcasm. Hence the :lol:.

Too funny! I have a friend who got busted for a DUI...not good. She is a gorgeous, tall blonde woman. It was a female cop who busted her. My friend apparently is a bit belligerent when buzzed and asked the cop if this is Tip #11 in the Dyke Guide to Picking up Chicks.

I once told a cop he just didn't like me cuz I could talk faster than he could think.

Once he caught on, a few minutes later, he wasn't pleased.

I once told a cop he just didn't like me cuz I could talk faster than he could think.

*snort*

Yup. Crazy shit.

"Yes, ma'am. Thank you."

David Letterman (famed for having a lead foot before he became infamous for being a scumbag) once told the story of how a Connecticut State Trooper pulled him over for speeding.

Cop to Letterman: Do you have any idea why I pulled you over?

Letterman to cop: Why, yes sir. I imagine it has something to do with the fact that I was going 75 miles per hour in a 50 mile per hour zone.

Cop to Letterman: Why, that's exactly right. Be on your way.
It never hurts to be honest...unless you have a body in the trunk, I suppose.

Hey your the guy that has an animation of a homosexual dancing with a Muppet.

Well you can see, that's good to know. Problem with that?

Though before you get yourself riled up, do realize I was agreeing with you through the use of sarcasm. Hence the :lol:.

Not riled up at all, just firing back. No I have no problem with it but than again I wasn't the one who fired the first volley. lol.

:lol:

Forum List

Back