I actually think

Which means he will do whatever he has o in order to pay back the same people who think forcing women to have internal sonograms is ok.

And his idea of pragmatic seems to be more of the same as bush II

I'm sure he will throw a bone to the Republican wing, but Romney has first and foremost shown himself to be a pragmatist, not an ideologue. Actions speak louder than words.

And just to respond to your comment about the president having no executive experience... That was true first time around. And he'd have lost then b/c of it except that a) the tweeting twit terrified people; and b) the economy melted down.

It's a little bit of a strawman at this point.

And I don't think a failed executive who is going to engage in the same failures as the last GOP'er is an improvement.

Obama now has executive experience and it shows that he has none before. There is little reason to expect him to be much better at it the second time around.

And it's clear we don't and won't agree on this. My focus tends to be law and the justices a president will appoint as well as policies which affect middle class interests. Particularly education and governmental employees. Yours are those which benefit an under-regulated financial market.

My focus is most definitely NOT on an un-regulated market. That's utter hogwash. My focus is on competency. Was Bush incompetent? You bet. That's why I opposed him. Is Obama? Yup. Just as bad. True, at least he didn't get us into any needless wars, but that's an awfully low bar. Our President should be held to a higher standard.

It's easy to demonize the other side. I'm not voting for one party or the other. I am voting for the individual whom I think has the best chance of moving this country out of this morass. Obama has been a failure. Time to see what Mitt Romney can do.

Forgive me for not breaking up my response like you did. I'm working off of an ipad and sometimes it's difficult to be that exact.

i have no desire to demonize "the other side". as you know, i have great respect for real conservatives. but the GOP is no longer real conservatives. and what you characterize as "a bone [mitt] will throw to the other side" will be on my back and on the issues that i care about. that's a no-go for me under any circumstances. if it were up to the wingers to whom he will toss that bone, i wouldn't have been able to have my son. so you'll forgive me if i'm a little protective of those issues. also, i became a lawyer in the first place because of the supreme court cases we studied and argued in class. and the perversion of the court that GOP appointees are is intolerable to me. the fact that justice roberts had to flee after making a decision which was right on the law speaks volumes.

i also don't think obama is incompentent. bush was. we can differ on that. but i wouldn't vote for a republican on the federal level right now under any set of circumstances.

as i said earlier in this thread... i miss al d'amato and the others like him.

Dr Grump

so starts your ostracism

You dared to think outside the required parameters of some
Free thinking is not allowed

Yeah, well, luddy is the left wing version of the The T--- even you maybe..:D

I am a moderate, centrist. Don't tell Foxie though, she thinks moderates are wishy washy...;o)

Dr Grump

so starts your ostracism

You dared to think outside the required parameters of some
Free thinking is not allowed

Yeah, well, luddy is the left wing version of the The T--- even you maybe..:D

I am a moderate, centrist. Don't tell Foxie though, she thinks moderates are wishy washy...;o)

Interesting
:eusa_angel:

I for one, expect nor want you or anyone to change their opinion.

As for being "Moderate", that is a subjective definition.

Do I think he would be as good as Obama?

:eusa_eh: :confused:

Obama is Bush without the wars and executive experience but more confusion and ineptness.

not by a longshot. though i know the right likes saying it.

this president's biggest mistake was in not finding his er... cojones until three years into his presidency.

unlike bush, who was dumb as toast and never thought twice about ramming his agenda down people's throats.... obama actually, until recently, thought the schoolyard bullies would play nice with him if he compromised. i hoped they would, too, fwiw.

He missed a huge opportunity to emerge the victor during the debt ceiling "crisis" by not invoking the 14th. It still pisses me off. lol

Do I think he would be as good as Obama?

Obama is Bush without the wars and executive experience but more confusion and ineptness.

this president's biggest mistake was in not finding his er... cojones until three years into his presidency.

unlike bush, who was dumb as toast and never thought twice about ramming his agenda down people's throats.... obama actually, until recently, thought the schoolyard bullies would play nice with him if he compromised. i hoped they would, too, fwiw.
One Afternoon without a thing to do + One crack pipe = a post like this.

Don't know exactly what comment you're fishing for Grump, but compared to the America hating radical we have now, yes, Romney would be better, but that's still not saying Romney would be good either... just better.

Oh stop the horse crap, you crazy person! Obama is American, American born, a Christian, a Harvard grad, a state senator and a senator, a family man, a good dad, and you are an "American hating radical" for talking this shit.

I am voting for Romney, but America does not need your psychotic type of shit.

He missed a huge opportunity to emerge the victor during the debt ceiling "crisis" by not invoking the 14th. It still pisses me off. lol

Exactly

Exactly

And does anyone actually think that Romney has any balls?

:MAO!

One Afternoon without a thing to do + One crack pipe = a post like this.

It makes you wonder if she didn't just step off a spaceship in January 2009 and missed the whole thing.

Forum List

Back