I actually think

Do I think he would be as good as Obama?

:eusa_eh: :confused:

Obama is Bush without the wars and executive experience but more confusion and ineptness.

not by a longshot. though i know the right likes saying it.

this president's biggest mistake was in not finding his er... cojones until three years into his presidency.

unlike bush, who was dumb as toast and never thought twice about ramming his agenda down people's throats.... obama actually, until recently, thought the schoolyard bullies would play nice with him if he compromised. i hoped they would, too, fwiw.

Obama is Bush without the wars and executive experience but more confusion and ineptness.

this president's biggest mistake was in not finding his er... cojones until three years into his presidency.

unlike bush, who was dumb as toast and never thought twice about ramming his agenda down people's throats.... obama actually, until recently, thought the schoolyard bullies would play nice with him if he compromised. i hoped they would, too, fwiw.

Can you find a single insult like this that Bush 43 EVER made? How about a remark made by Romney that insulted at least 40% of the American people.

Rosa Parks is rolling over in her grave.

October 26th, 2010

President Barack Obama attacked Republicans with gusto Monday as he plunged into a final week of midterm election campaigning, but his party’s prognosis remained darkened by the feeble economy and his itinerary was designed largely to minimize losses.
He said Republicans had driven the economy into a ditch and then stood by and criticized while Democrats pulled it out. Now that progress has been made, he said, “we can’t have special interests sitting shotgun. We gotta have middle class families up in front. We don’t mind the Republicans joining us. They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back.”

he's been recruited into wingnut world.

they romney who was governor of massachusetts wouldn't have been a bad president. this one would be beholden to the radical right.

jillian,
Romney isn't near as set in his ideology as President Obama is.
Romney has proved that he does and can work with the Democrats.
When you have a President like we have now, who says that Republicans are the enemy,that is not being the Leader of our country.
No other President in our history has ever said that the other party is our enemy.

Republicans have chosen to be an enemy. They've clearly stated that they won't pass any initiative, even those they've supported. Their position is job one is to do everything they can do to defeat Obama, and America be damned.

The Republican House has passed dozens of bills that Harry Reid refused to bring to the floor of the Senate for a vote. In the beltway lingo that is called a 'pocket veto.' In effect Reid vetoed the bill so Obama wouldn't have too.

he's been recruited into wingnut world.

they romney who was governor of massachusetts wouldn't have been a bad president. this one would be beholden to the radical right.

jillian,
Romney isn't near as set in his ideology as President Obama is.
Romney has proved that he does and can work with the Democrats.
When you have a President like we have now, who says that Republicans are the enemy,that is not being the Leader of our country.
No other President in our history has ever said that the other party is our enemy.

Republicans have chosen to be an enemy. They've clearly stated that they won't pass any initiative, even those they've supported. Their position is job one is to do everything they can do to defeat Obama, and America be damned.

i haven't seen this president be set in his ideoloy either.. or we'd have single payor, be out of afghanistan and gitmo would be closed, yes?

i don't think romney is an ideologue at all. i think he's an opportunist who is now beholden to the furthest reaches of the GOP "base".

i'd say then the blame falls on republicans, not on the president if they've made him the enemy. and they did that on the first day he was in office, when they didn't know WHAT he was going to do and after he was elected with 52% of the vote. the dems didn't treat bush that way even when he was appointed by the supreme court.

maybe they should have. the country would have been better off.

and i still don't see any reason to go back to the same damaging policies that bush and his cronies enacted. i'm not a big believer in running two wars on china's dime... and romney has already said "bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb iran", and that he is for paul ryan's atrocious and extremist economic plan; and worse, from my perspective, is he thinks personhood laws are ok.

so please, i'm begging, tell me what's moderate about him? (other than the fact that he has no ideology of his own).

You've got that exactly right. It's silly really, Obama can talk about any issue and completely grasp it. Bush was a nervous wreck whenever he had to speak. Nice guy but he had no idea how to have an impromptu discussion. He always had to be scripted.

Thats the biggest load of crap i've heard on this board today.

Obama NEVER tried to compromise. He never even entertained it.

Obamacare was his way or the high way.
He didn't give the Republicans jack squat in the debt ceiling debate. Not a single solitary actual cut in government.
Never one actually considered supporting the Keystone Pipeline.
Has never attempted to compromise on a budget.

Yeah. big compromise there.

Thats the biggest load of crap i've heard on this board today.

Obama NEVER tried to compromise. He never even entertained it.

Obamacare was his way or the high way.
He didn't give the Republicans jack squat in the debt ceiling debate. Not a single solitary actual cut in government.
Never one actually considered supporting the Keystone Pipeline.
Has never attempted to compromise on a budget.

Yeah. big compromise there.

Obama to GOP: 'I won'

The left has always depended on historical revisionism
Since their history is so bad

Last edited:

Yaawwnn, your memory of the Bush fuckups is faulty. You might want to look at your own. It wasn't only Bush, it was Palin, McCain, your current crop of crazies.

Nobody ever said Obama never has a moment but he is certainly very intelligent. You can't say that about many Republican presidents of recent years. They're really empty suits.

And empty heads.

Last edited:

Yaawwnn, your memory of the Bush fuckups is faulty. You might want to look at your own. It wasn't only Bush, it was Palin, McCain, your current crop of crazies.

Nobody ever said Obama never has a moment but he is certainly very intelligent. You can't say that about many Republican presidents of recent years. They're really empty suits.

And empty heads.

I dont see any evidence that Obama is very intelligent. And please keep in mind, Ive been to graduate school. I've seen lots of people who arent really smart get through it.

The Democrats have made the Republicans their enemies. We will embrace your hatred. And fight back. Fuck you.

And empty heads.

I dont see any evidence that Obama is very intelligent. And please keep in mind, Ive been to graduate school. I've seen lots of people who arent really smart get through it.

Papa Obama is well schooled but that does not equate with intelligence.
More so when you factor in affirmative action - the lefts' program of
low expectations.

The left always likes to imagine their candidates as more intelligent
Bush had higher grades than Kerry and Gore did no better at school than him

Like the Hope and Change "window dressing", it is all hype
It is all part of the hero worship that the Left tends to have

They drank the kool-aid, he must be great in all ways

Forum List

Back