I actually think

Do I think he would be as good as Obama? I dunno. But I don't think the US would go to hell in a handbasket if he got the nod.

I also think he is less polarising than Bush and Obama..

Might find some common ground. What helps is that he actually not the ideal candidate for die hard republicans and conservatives...so there is that...

He could even border on being a RINO...

Aside from a couple social issues he once agreed with he will look alot like Obama. Welcome to politics. :\

He'll be an excellent president since he lacks most of Obama's negatives.
ROmney is an excellent executive with long experience with authority.
He is not an ideologue.
He is not anti business
He understands how people make money
He is proud of being an American. Long before the US elected Michelle's husband.
He will not bow before any foreign ruler.
He does not demonize those opposed to his views.

While I might want someone conservative I'll take Romney over the walking disaster we have now.

Don't know exactly what comment you're fishing for Grump, but compared to the America hating radical we have now, yes, Romney would be better, but that's still not saying Romney would be good either... just better.

Romney certainly can't be any worse any of the other idiots who have inhabited the White House

Unless one party walks away with clear control of the White House, Senate and House, I don't know how much "change" can occur. The GOP has very effectively stifled much of what Obama would have done (for better or for worse), and I suspect the Democrats would behave in approximately the same way.

Romney wouldn't be a bad president....just sayin'

Perhaps.

But the problem would be the people whom he’d bring into his administration, the judicial appointments those administrators would make, and the Bush Era policies they would reintroduce, such as ‘nation-building.’

Bush era policies, like 5% unemployment, real GDP growth, and lower taxes? The horrors!

27% Say U.S. Heading in Right Direction

52% Think Economy Will Be Unchanged or Weaker A Year From Now

Just 16% Say Today's Children Will Be Better Off Than Their Parents

34% Rate Their Personal Finances As Good or Excellent

66% Say Government Should Cut Spending To Help Economy
America's Best Days - Rasmussen Reports™

According to these numbers, the majority of Americans agree. The confidence in America is dwindling. We need the change and leadership is where it starts.

The Romney that served as Governor of Massachusets might have made a good, or even very good, President. The Romney that has compramised his principles to win this nomination carries far to many "Owe me's" to the "Conservatives" to function in a positive manner.

I'm sure Romney is a nice guy, but the problem is that Bankers control our gov't so it really doesn't matter who gets elected. We're gonna' get the same sh*tty representation until we all realize that and come together.

Perhaps.

But the problem would be the people whom he’d bring into his administration, the judicial appointments those administrators would make, and the Bush Era policies they would reintroduce, such as ‘nation-building.’

Bush era policies, like 5% unemployment, real GDP growth, and lower taxes? The horrors!

Oh fuck yes. Let us go back to the Bush era. 750,000 jobs a month going down the drain. Conducting a couple of wars off of the books, then blame whomever follows and puts them on the books.

Perhaps.

Would that 'nation building' be anything like tripling the number of combat troops in Afghanistan?

Forum List

Back