How to legally have sex with children.

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
Marry them.

In most states, there is no legal age for getting married. You only need the parents consent.

13,000 children a year are married in America

Three 10-year-old girls and an 11-year-old boy were among the youngest to wed, under legal loopholes which allow minors to marry in certain circumstances.

The minimum age for marriage across most of the US is 18, but every state has exemptions – such as parental consent or pregnancy – which allow younger children to tie the knot.

The youngest wedded were three 10-year-old girls in Tennessee who married men aged 24, 25 and 31 in 2001.

-------------------------------

Republicans complain that Muslims marry children. How many of these children in the US getting married are to Republican Conservatives?

Me personally, I feel that no one younger than 17 should be able to get married. And that with parents consent, just like going into the military.

Marry them.

In most states, there is no legal age for getting married. You only need the parents consent.

Three 10-year-old girls and an 11-year-old boy were among the youngest to wed, under legal loopholes which allow minors to marry in certain circumstances.

The minimum age for marriage across most of the US is 18, but every state has exemptions – such as parental consent or pregnancy – which allow younger children to tie the knot.

The youngest wedded were three 10-year-old girls in Tennessee who married men aged 24, 25 and 31 in 2001.

Republicans complain that Muslims marry children. How many of these children in the US getting married are to Republican Conservatives?

Me personally, I feel that no one younger than 17 should be able to get married. And that with parents consent, just like going into the military.
That is the way it works in most of the world

Marry them.

In May, the high-profile Republican governor for New Jersey declined to sign into law a measure that would have made his state the first to ban child marriage without exception. Chris Christie claimed it would conflict with religious customs.

• Banned
it is so nice that young girls are allowed to marry their rapist
(Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NAB)
If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

It's in the Bible, so I'm sure Republicans find it OK. Besides, if they can legislate women's bodies, then they feel they should have total control of women's bodies. It's not where does it stop, it's it shouldn't stop.

the statues that allow rapist to marry their victims are normally due to the child being with child....ie the pastor who married the 14 yr old...

and even i sex takes place after the marriage it is still rape....a child cannot consent to sex

it is so nice that young girls are allowed to marry their rapist
(Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NAB)
If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

It's in the Bible, so I'm sure Republicans find it OK. Besides, if they can legislate women's bodies, then they feel they should have total control of women's bodies. It's not where does it stop, it's it shouldn't stop.
Sounds so......Republican

the bible says a lot of stuff....my fav....do not pray for the glory of man but go to your closet.....they dont seem to know that verse

It's not clear to me what exactly is the OP-er's desired line of discourse for this thread.

The fact of the matter is that a great many of our forebears had sexual congress with children and plenty of them married as children. The notion that there's something morally amiss about marrying or having sex with a boy or girl who is under 18 results from nothing other than the construct whereby modern societies have deemed 18 years of age as the age of majority.

That is to say, our laws about sex and marriage with children are borne of social exigencies. To wit, a society can't very well countenance or encourage one to bear children if the same society does not also permit one to engage in contracts so as to support one's children. Similarly, if a society requires its citizens to be in school up to a given age, those young citizens can't very well comply with that requirement and maintain an employment status that allows them to provide for themselves and their children. Thus our society's proscriptions regarding sex and marriage with individuals below the age of majority are a result of there needing to be coherence in the law, not because there's an intrinsic turpitude concomitant with children having sex upon becoming fertile.

As for the OP-er's remark about obtaining a minor's parent's permission to wed their minor offspring, well, that's no different than it always was. What's changed is that culturally, parents are not these days keen to grant permission for their minor children to marry. Never have parents cottoned to the notion that their unwed minor children bear children of their own. Most probably because parents don't much like having to support a child they themselves didn't "bargain" to have. And who can blame them for that?

I had no idea children that young could be married in this country :(

I found this with Google, and it sounds strangely familiar. Too bad they don't mention race or religion. Until you can provide that, i have my opinions.

Marry them.

the laws allowing child marriage should go the way of child labor....

It's not clear to me what exactly is the OP-er's desired line of discourse for this thread.

The fact of the matter is that a great many of our forebears had sexual congress with children and plenty of them married as children. The notion that there's something morally amiss about marrying or having sex with a boy or girl who is under 18 results from nothing other than the construct whereby modern societies have deemed 18 years of age as the age of majority.

That is to say, our laws about sex and marriage with children are borne of social exigencies. To wit, a society can't very well countenance or encourage one to bear children if the same society does not also permit one to engage in contracts so as to support one's children. Similarly, if a society requires its citizens to be in school up to a given age, those young citizens can't very well comply with that requirement and maintain an employment status that allows them to provide for themselves and their children. Thus our society's proscriptions regarding sex and marriage with individuals below the age of majority are a result of there needing to be coherence in the law, not because there's an intrinsic turpitude concomitant with children having sex upon becoming fertile.

As for the OP-er's remark about obtaining a minor's parent's permission to wed their minor offspring, well, that's no different than it always was. What's changed is that culturally, parents are not these days keen to grant permission for their minor children to marry. Never have parents cottoned to the notion that their unwed minor children bear children of their own. Most probably because parents don't much like having to support a child they themselves didn't "bargain" to have. And who can blame them for that?
parents are not these days keen to grant permission for their minor children to marry.

I think it depends on what part of the country you live in. I suspect it's not a problem in most Red States.

Child marriages are terrible, girls drop out of education and abuse is common.

parents are not these days keen to grant permission for their minor children to marry.

I think it depends on what part of the country you live in. I suspect it's not a problem in most Red States.
Perhaps that's so.

I found this with Google, and it sounds strangely familiar. Too bad they don't mention race or religion. Until you can provide that, i have my opinions.
Most conservatives would say blacks don't get married, like the Palins.

Forum List

Back