How to legally have sex with children.

For years now we were told that marriage wasn't about sex.

Now it is?

What gives?

You have a point- we just need to change the marriage laws so that marriage doesn't affect statutory rape laws.

So that 50 year old who got the 12 year old pregnant can't skate on the rape charge by marrying her.

I had no idea children that young could be married in this country :(

I did!

Wrote about it a few times on other sites. What the OP left out is some states also need a judge to sign off on the marriage beside the Consenting Parent or guardian.

I believe Marriage laws should be changed to the age of 21 and with court permission because of pregnancy then 18.

( Most people before 25 have no clue what love is and live with lust instead... )

The problem is biology is still biology and humans can have children when they are children themselves.

So basically kids can get pregnant, but we then are saying if they want to legalize their relationship they cannot.

The problem is that older men still prey on young girls and boys- and this loophole gives them a legal way to get out of jail free- marry their victim.

Simple solution, put an age cap on it. Figure a 3 year cap above the age of one party.

That allows two people who were adult enough to get knocked up to have some legal framework between them and stops the old guy creepy stuff.

Now it is?

What gives?

You have a point- we just need to change the marriage laws so that marriage doesn't affect statutory rape laws.

So that 50 year old who got the 12 year old pregnant can't skate on the rape charge by marrying her.

Here I was thinking that the Supreme Court was all about taxes and ease of passing on an estate?

I did!

Wrote about it a few times on other sites. What the OP left out is some states also need a judge to sign off on the marriage beside the Consenting Parent or guardian.

I believe Marriage laws should be changed to the age of 21 and with court permission because of pregnancy then 18.

( Most people before 25 have no clue what love is and live with lust instead... )

The problem is biology is still biology and humans can have children when they are children themselves.

So basically kids can get pregnant, but we then are saying if they want to legalize their relationship they cannot.
That is part of the problem, our biological maturity precedes by many years our brain maturity.

I am ok with 18 as the age, with 16 and 17 with a judge and parental permission.

But 10? 12? 14? No.

It's not clear to me what exactly is the OP-er's desired line of discourse for this thread.

The fact of the matter is that a great many of our forebears had sexual congress with children and plenty of them married as children. The notion that there's something morally amiss about marrying or having sex with a boy or girl who is under 18 results from nothing other than the construct whereby modern societies have deemed 18 years of age as the age of majority.

That is to say, our laws about sex and marriage with children are borne of social exigencies. To wit, a society can't very well countenance or encourage one to bear children if the same society does not also permit one to engage in contracts so as to support one's children. Similarly, if a society requires its citizens to be in school up to a given age, those young citizens can't very well comply with that requirement and maintain an employment status that allows them to provide for themselves and their children. Thus our society's proscriptions regarding sex and marriage with individuals below the age of majority are a result of there needing to be coherence in the law, not because there's an intrinsic turpitude concomitant with children having sex upon becoming fertile.

As for the OP-er's remark about obtaining a minor's parent's permission to wed their minor offspring, well, that's no different than it always was. What's changed is that culturally, parents are not these days keen to grant permission for their minor children to marry. Never have parents cottoned to the notion that their unwed minor children bear children of their own. Most probably because parents don't much like having to support a child they themselves didn't "bargain" to have. And who can blame them for that?
parents are not these days keen to grant permission for their minor children to marry.

I think it depends on what part of the country you live in. I suspect it's not a problem in most Red States.
Perhaps that's so.
I was actually making a joke. Think about Appalachia. It covers 13 Red States and is about the poorest place in the United States.
Okay....I'm okay with your remark being "just a joke;" however, as you have subsequently implied there is a nexus of anecdotal/coincidental existential cultural stereotypes, it's hard to believe it's just a joke you were making. The legitimacy of the "it's just a joke" retort depends in part on one's not voluntarily endeavoring to defend it. Doing so seems like "spin."

And, yes, I'm aware of the cultural stereotypes to which you refer. I find parlaying those stereotypes into implied aspersions every bit as opprobrious as I do availing oneself of stereotypes applicable to other social groups.

Too, while it's not clear to me whether you're a liberal or conservative, it doesn't matter. There's a strong case against persons of either stripe invoking stereotypes:
  • Conservatives --> Individualism
  • Liberals --> Egalitarianism
In short, I find vulgar one's making or relying on generalizations about whole classes of people.
When you are for all white and against diversity, then you are NOT for individualism.
Irks me that people attribute characteristics to Republicans and conservatives they simply don't have.

It's not clear to me what exactly is the OP-er's desired line of discourse for this thread.

The fact of the matter is that a great many of our forebears had sexual congress with children and plenty of them married as children. The notion that there's something morally amiss about marrying or having sex with a boy or girl who is under 18 results from nothing other than the construct whereby modern societies have deemed 18 years of age as the age of majority.

That is to say, our laws about sex and marriage with children are borne of social exigencies. To wit, a society can't very well countenance or encourage one to bear children if the same society does not also permit one to engage in contracts so as to support one's children. Similarly, if a society requires its citizens to be in school up to a given age, those young citizens can't very well comply with that requirement and maintain an employment status that allows them to provide for themselves and their children. Thus our society's proscriptions regarding sex and marriage with individuals below the age of majority are a result of there needing to be coherence in the law, not because there's an intrinsic turpitude concomitant with children having sex upon becoming fertile.

As for the OP-er's remark about obtaining a minor's parent's permission to wed their minor offspring, well, that's no different than it always was. What's changed is that culturally, parents are not these days keen to grant permission for their minor children to marry. Never have parents cottoned to the notion that their unwed minor children bear children of their own. Most probably because parents don't much like having to support a child they themselves didn't "bargain" to have. And who can blame them for that?
parents are not these days keen to grant permission for their minor children to marry.

I think it depends on what part of the country you live in. I suspect it's not a problem in most Red States.
Perhaps that's so.
I was actually making a joke. Think about Appalachia. It covers 13 Red States and is about the poorest place in the United States.
Okay....I'm okay with your remark being "just a joke;" however, as you have subsequently implied there is a nexus of anecdotal/coincidental existential cultural stereotypes, it's hard to believe it's just a joke you were making. The legitimacy of the "it's just a joke" retort depends in part on one's not voluntarily endeavoring to defend it. Doing so seems like "spin."

And, yes, I'm aware of the cultural stereotypes to which you refer. I find parlaying those stereotypes into implied aspersions every bit as opprobrious as I do availing oneself of stereotypes applicable to other social groups.

Too, while it's not clear to me whether you're a liberal or conservative, it doesn't matter. There's a strong case against persons of either stripe invoking stereotypes:
  • Conservatives --> Individualism
  • Liberals --> Egalitarianism
In short, I find vulgar one's making or relying on generalizations about whole classes of people.
When you are for all white and against diversity, then you are NOT for individualism.
Irks me that people attribute characteristics to Republicans and conservatives they simply don't have.
giphy.gif

I did!

That is part of the problem, our biological maturity precedes by many years our brain maturity.

I am ok with 18 as the age, with 16 and 17 with a judge and parental permission.

But 10? 12? 14? No.

Well then we better start figuring out a way to stop the downward trend of sexual maturity we are seeing in girls and the ability of boys to father kids with them, or we basically create a situation where we are saying "it's OK, knock a girl up and we can't even try to make you do the right thing"

Biology seems to be going one direction with the decreasing in age of sexual maturing, and we now take much longer to mature intellectually, emotionally, and more importantly, legally.

Now it is?

What gives?

Unless they are married first. Then the law doesn't apply. In fact, I don't believe a minor can even file charges against domestic abuse.

Delaware becomes first state to ban child marriage

My understanding is that married children under 18 can't divorce without permission.

Can't used a domestic abuse shelters.

Can't file rape charges.

Basically, they have been sold into slavery.

The only way to change such circumstances is to put Democrats in Congress. Republicans would NEVER support new laws stopping this abuse.

Come on, these are people who happily use sick and disabled children as a bargaining CHIP. They threatened to cut off unemployment unless tax cuts for billionaires were extended and they just added trillions to the debt to give tax cuts to needy billionaires and desperate corporations. And they want to end school lunches for the poor. They will NEVER help children trapped in such circumstances. Electing Democrats if the ONLY way.

I did!

But 10? 12? 14? No.

Well then we better start figuring out a way to stop the downward trend of sexual maturity we are seeing in girls and the ability of boys to father kids with them, or we basically create a situation where we are saying "it's OK, knock a girl up and we can't even try to make you do the right thing"

Biology seems to be going one direction with the decreasing in age of sexual maturing, and we now take much longer to mature intellectually, emotionally, and more importantly, legally.
It's been pretty much figured out. Where these young girls are having babies spell it out.

First, they need to be educated.

Then they need to be able to talk to their parents. Not parents make decrees, but actual communication.

Many places that will never happen. Why?

Remember this:

Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs that are simply a relabeling of Outcome-Based Education (OBE) (mastery learning) which focus on behavior modification and have the purpose of challenging the student’s fixed beliefs and undermining parental authority.

2012 Republican Party Platform of Texas

I did!

But 10? 12? 14? No.

It's been pretty much figured out. Where these young girls are having babies spell it out.

First, they need to be educated.

Then they need to be able to talk to their parents. Not parents make decrees, but actual communication.

Many places that will never happen. Why?

Remember this:

Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs that are simply a relabeling of Outcome-Based Education (OBE) (mastery learning) which focus on behavior modification and have the purpose of challenging the student’s fixed beliefs and undermining parental authority.

2012 Republican Party Platform of Texas

You necro'ed this thread for this gibberish?

Marry them.

In most states, there is no legal age for getting married. You only need the parents consent.

13,000 children a year are married in America

Three 10-year-old girls and an 11-year-old boy were among the youngest to wed, under legal loopholes which allow minors to marry in certain circumstances.

The minimum age for marriage across most of the US is 18, but every state has exemptions – such as parental consent or pregnancy – which allow younger children to tie the knot.

The youngest wedded were three 10-year-old girls in Tennessee who married men aged 24, 25 and 31 in 2001.

-------------------------------

Republicans complain that Muslims marry children. How many of these children in the US getting married are to Republican Conservatives?

Me personally, I feel that no one younger than 17 should be able to get married. And that with parents consent, just like going into the military.

25+ years ago I lived in the foothills nearby. In CA. Some guy from Alabama moved in just down the hill and he stopped by one day with his 'wife'. She was 12 years old if I remember and looked like she was 9. I was like what the f is this? They left and another neighbor later explained the various 'laws' or lack thereof of legal age of marrying in various states. It was such a disgusting thing to see in person. A year later this 12 year old girl looked like she was 35 years old, a smoker, a drinker, looked haggard and used up by life already. It was heartbreaking. If you haven't seen something like this in real life it is hard to believe but it is real and nearly unbelievable until you see it. You think the movie Deliverance showed some bad things? It is a documentary of many parts of the US.

Marry them.

In most states, there is no legal age for getting married. You only need the parents consent.

Three 10-year-old girls and an 11-year-old boy were among the youngest to wed, under legal loopholes which allow minors to marry in certain circumstances.

The minimum age for marriage across most of the US is 18, but every state has exemptions – such as parental consent or pregnancy – which allow younger children to tie the knot.

The youngest wedded were three 10-year-old girls in Tennessee who married men aged 24, 25 and 31 in 2001.

Republicans complain that Muslims marry children. How many of these children in the US getting married are to Republican Conservatives?

Me personally, I feel that no one younger than 17 should be able to get married. And that with parents consent, just like going into the military.

It’s you people who are trying to normalize child molesting. You democrats have been doing it since the 90’s. With this thread here, you are projecting your perversions on others. It’s kind of shocking and gross.

If y’all really gave a shit about this you would take a look at the age one can legally marry in your state. New York for example,

Teen Marriage: What is the Legal Age to Get Married Without Parental Consent?

What is the marriage age without a parent's consent?

The rules for how old you have to be to get married without a parent's consent vary from state to state. If you want to get married without parental consent, you need to be at least 18 years old in 48 of the 50 states in the United States. The two remaining states are Nebraska, where the marriage age is 19, and Mississippi where the marriage age is 21.

If you do not meet these age requirements, you may be able to get married with the permission of your parents.

• Parties in California, Colorado, Kentucky, Louisiana, and Texas may get married at any age with parental consent. In Kentucky, the consent of a judge may also be needed and in Texas, marriage is not allowed under the age of 14 for males and 13 for females.
  • In Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New York, North Dakota, Vermont, Wisconsin, and the District of Columbia, you may get married with parental consent at age 16 or older.

And this has changed allot since the Roy Moore shit.

Marry them.

Derp derp derp derp Rebublicans derp derp derp derp DERP derP Derp Derp derp derp derp Derp derp derp Derp derp DERP derP Derp Derp derp derp derp derp

Marry them.

25+ years ago I lived in the foothills nearby. In CA. Some guy from Alabama moved in just down the hill and he stopped by one day with his 'wife'. She was 12 years old if I remember and looked like she was 9. I was like what the f is this? They left and another neighbor later explained the various 'laws' or lack thereof of legal age of marrying in various states. It was such a disgusting thing to see in person. A year later this 12 year old girl looked like she was 35 years old, a smoker, a drinker, looked haggard and used up by life already. It was heartbreaking. If you haven't seen something like this in real life it is hard to believe but it is real and nearly unbelievable until you see it. You think the movie Deliverance showed some bad things? It is a documentary of many parts of the US.

In 1996 I lived in Forest Hill California. Worked for the Taho National Forest. A dude at a rainbow gathering ended up getting caught and charged as a molester when he applied for a marriage license for a kid that was 14. That’s gross, having seen that my self, it’s still unbelievable. It’s like the stuff you only belong happens on TV and in the movies. You just can not believe it until you see it.

the bible says a lot of stuff....my fav....do not pray for the glory of man but go to your closet.....they dont seem to know that verse

This is true. Where are the Pagans though? Oh yeah, waiting for the next season of Vikings to start so they will be ready for worship at Renfair.

Marry them.

Funny how the same idiots who claim “marital rape” is a thing also claim that adults marrying children is automatic rape.

Marry them.

Funny how the same idiots who claim “marital rape” is a thing also claim that adults marrying children is automatic rape.

Lot of folks poke fun at Islam because the prophet said it’s okay to marry 11 year olds. Why not here? Especially since there are people backed by both republicans and democrats who are trying to normalize child molesting?

Last edited:
Marry them.

Is some alien civilization was monitoring Rderps posts they would say, "they keep repeating this one word in every transmission, if only we could understand this word 'Republican""

Forum List

Back