Hey Texas, still wanna secede?

Let the illegals and other countries suffer. The people of this country come first.

Maybe we could have a bake sale for the American Vets that served this country and now have an administration that says fuck you!

The way we take care of our own is sad.
Not my fault Texans build their homes on a river and then it floods

There is nothing in the Constitution about flooding......that means it is a states issue in accordance with the tenth amendment

Sen. Cruz should know that

My apologies, I forgot you are a fucking asshole.

I just love my Constitution

The Constitution is quite clear about what the Federal Government can do. Per the 10th Amendment, all other functions are left to the states

Since the Constitution says nothing about "We the People" providing flood relief, that makes it a state responsibility

A Constitutional scholar like Ted Cruz should know that

And had not Texas paid into the federal government for such things, had the federal government not set up all these programs Texas paid into, had the federal government not taken many states rights away, you would have a point. However, they did and you don't.

The state of Texas did not pay into the federal government, individual taxpayers residing in Texas did

But they still have to abide by the Constitution and there is nothing in the Constitution where disaster relief is a federal function

Let the people of Texas pay....why should I have to pay because they build houses on rivers? Why reward idiots?

So Texas abides by the Constitution but New Jersey, New York, Louisiana do need to?

Sorry, but the Texans paid taxes just like you do, of course not all Texans, they have illegals and low income residents that got back more than they paid in, regardless, the taxpayers paid in, they fall under the same as Maryland when no one questioned the Guard going in to Baltimore.

Sorry until the secede from the union they get treated the same as people of California.

Well, that's because we would rather give our money to other countries and illegal aliens than help out the citizens of this country. Maybe this country needs to focus on not being petty and political and help all the citizens that pay taxes and live by the laws.

Texans are tough

While the country may like to help them, we just can't afford it. Besides any bill we pass will undoubtedly be loaded with pork...we can't have that

Texas should buckle down. Have churches take up an extra collection. Maybe some bake sales or car washes. They can do this on their own

Let the illegals and other countries suffer. The people of this country come first.

Maybe we could have a bake sale for the American Vets that served this country and now have an administration that says fuck you!

There is nothing in the Constitution about flooding......that means it is a states issue in accordance with the tenth amendment

The Constitution is quite clear about what the Federal Government can do. Per the 10th Amendment, all other functions are left to the states

Since the Constitution says nothing about "We the People" providing flood relief, that makes it a state responsibility

Anything about earthquakes and mudslides?

And had not Texas paid into the federal government for such things, had the federal government not set up all these programs Texas paid into, had the federal government not taken many states rights away, you would have a point. However, they did and you don't.

The state of Texas did not pay into the federal government, individual taxpayers residing in Texas did

But they still have to abide by the Constitution and there is nothing in the Constitution where disaster relief is a federal function

Let the people of Texas pay....why should I have to pay because they build houses on rivers? Why reward idiots?

Why should we pay for earthquake damages in california?
Fucken idiots build cities in a known earthquake area and to double down on stupid they did it in the desert.

Uhm... why not make the idiots pay for their own mistakes? Why push this off to anyone at all? If people want to be charitable, let them do it voluntarily not by force.

Texans are tough

While the country may like to help them, we just can't afford it. Besides any bill we pass will undoubtedly be loaded with pork...we can't have that

Texas should buckle down. Have churches take up an extra collection. Maybe some bake sales or car washes. They can do this on their own

The founding fathers, in their infinite wisdom, put nothing in the Constitution about giving handouts to those affected by floods, earthquakes or landslides

Looks like a state problem

So Texas abides by the Constitution but New Jersey, New York, Louisiana do need to?

Sorry, but the Texans paid taxes just like you do, of course not all Texans, they have illegals and low income residents that got back more than they paid in, regardless, the taxpayers paid in, they fall under the same as Maryland when no one questioned the Guard going in to Baltimore.

Sorry until the secede from the union they get treated the same as people of California.

Oh, obviously we take care of our own. And Texas will get our full support as they are our brothers and sisters.

I think the thread is just poking fun at how quickly conspiracy turned to aid requests.

Uhm... why not make the idiots pay for their own mistakes? Why push this off to anyone at all? If people want to be charitable, let them do it voluntarily not by force.

Absolutely. If a town in Texas is flooded, let them pass the hat to get people to help pay for the damage. Why should I have to pay for damage in Texas if I don't want to?

I am already Taxed Enough Already and see no reason to add to our $18 trillion debt to bail out Texas

The founding fathers, in their infinite wisdom, put nothing in the Constitution about giving handouts to those affected by floods, earthquakes or landslides

Looks like a state problem

Great!! So the next time cali has a massive earthquake they're on their own.

Absolutely. If a town in Texas is flooded, let them pass the hat to get people to help pay for the damage. Why should I have to pay for damage in Texas if I don't want to?

I am already Taxed Enough Already and see no reason to add to our $18 trillion debt to bail out Texas
I'm good with that, can I have my tax dollars back now that I already put into FEMA, so I can use my own income the way I see fit, such as doing some charity work for the good folks of Texas? If not.. write the damn check Obama, you bastard.

If Texas abided by the Constitution, they would not be looking for a handout

What about those who receive welfare?

What about those who receive welfare?
Give them a free illegal to do their work for them.

Okay, bad joke. But can't think of any more right now.

Uhmmm demanding services for that which has already been paid for is not the same as demanding a handout.

Did I just say that? Oh that's gonna bite me in the arse.

Uhmmm demanding services for that which has already been paid for is not the same as demanding a handout.

It hasn't been paid for

We have a 2015 budget and Texas flood relief is not in it. Bailing out Texas will take additional taxes or debt and I am Taxed Enough Already

Why should my grandchildren have to pay for Texans who don't know enough not to live on a river?

It hasn't been paid for

We have a 2015 budget and Texas flood relief is not in it. Bailing out Texas will take additional taxes and I am Taxed Enough Already
FEMA's broke? How did Obama let that happen? Where did the money go that I was forced to put into it?

Is that what it says here: Disaster Relief Fund Monthly Report FEMA.gov

http://www.fema.gov/media-library-d...69200ef76/DRFCongressionalReportApril2015.pdf

Hint the number is 7,466,000,000 and it's on page 4.

Nice try though.

It hasn't been paid for

We have a 2015 budget and Texas flood relief is not in it. Bailing out Texas will take additional taxes or debt and I am Taxed Enough Already

Why should my grandchildren have to pay for Texans who don't know enough not to live on a river?

I agree. No more welfare!!!

It hasn't been paid for

I agree. No more welfare!!!
I'm good with no more welfare if they give me my portion of the 7,466,000,000 of available funds in the disaster relief fund.

It hasn't been paid for

We have a 2015 budget and Texas flood relief is not in it. Bailing out Texas will take additional taxes and I am Taxed Enough Already
FEMA's broke? How did Obama let that happen? Where did the money go that I was forced to put into it?

http://www.fema.gov/media-library-d...69200ef76/DRFCongressionalReportApril2015.pdf

Nice try though.

It is still a handout full of pork

It hasn't been paid for

Nice try though.

So? Pick one, gut FEMA or continue down this spiral of using it to cover every natural disaster vs. making people carry their own insurance / pay for their own dumb ass mistakes.

It hasn't been paid for

Nice try though.

So? Pick one, gut FEMA or continue down this spiral of using it to cover every natural disaster vs. making people carry their own insurance / pay for their own dumb ass mistakes.

That would require people like RW to show a little personal responsibility.

Forum List

Back