Hey Texas, still wanna secede?

Gotta love America...if we're not fighting somebody else, we sure do fight each other.

I think Obama is quite naïve in how he thinks his reasoned arguments might change that.

But Texas may be the one red state exception to secession being advantageous.

Being a Californian sucks in many ways because of how America works.

We pay federal taxes the same as everybody, and get far less than that back from the government in services.

Our 38,000,000 legal citizens have the same amount of representation in the senate, that 700,000 legal citizens in Wyoming do.

The Presidential elections have been decided before Californians get off work to vote

There are many many advantages to being part of this country for fly over red states, and all they do is bitch that liberals are taking things away from them.

Doesn't make sense, and Texas is just the biggest version of them in some ways

You don't know why we have a Senate? What a moron.
I know why they created it, and I don't agree that the reasons for it still exist, but that's a whole other thread. The Electoral College should go too.

Screw the dip shits that want disproportionate representation because they're anti social freaks who need to live away from people. That's their choice, and should pay for that choice

Wow, you're an idiot.
I'm sorry that the truth hurts

How would you know?
You're the anti social freak, you tell me.

Also, are you about to tell me how you've taught Texas history classes at Harvard?

Money that they took from us. Fail thread.

Federal taxation and spending by state - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
The below table shows Texas sends $249 billion in tax revenue... and received back $204 billion.
Looks like Texas paid in MORE then they get back...

View attachment 41733

You should have shown the entire table.
The table is sorted by the "Net" figure, i.e. California sent $95 billion more then received, Texas sent $44 billion more,etc.
if you can see the figures decline... so what's the point?
I was showing Texas sends $44 billion more then receives in Federal spending...

View attachment 41780

New York and New Jersey sent $150 billion more than they received......yet Ted Cruz still blocked disaster relief

Reasons not to give Texas disaster aid

1. They voted against it for other states
2. We need to balance the budget first
3. It is unconstitutional
4. Texans desrve to be flooded because they built next to rivers
5. Disaster aid= pork

Wanna dry out first and reconsider, or are ya still all pro-secede down there? If pro-secede, are you rejecting federal disaster money and such so as not to be hypocritical?

I don't think they want to leave the union as much as they want to build a wall between them and people like you. Basically, they just want you to shut the fuck up. It is a sentiment I happen to agree with.
At the minimum a wall to keep illegals,drugs and gangs out that the USA won't build!
We want to succeed not secede. And we're pretty much there.

Texas has been paying into the Federal system designed to provide assistance in the event of a natural disaster, why would you deny their claim?
New York and New Jersey each payed double into the same fund and yet Cruz voted to deny their claim 3 times!

You ruined a good point by lying, NJ does not pay double what Texas pays that is an outright lie. Now delete your lie and yes Cruz has egg on his hypocritical face here.
According to the net column, Ca and NY pay double, NJ pays 50% more, so sue me, both NY and NJ pay more than Texas.
statespaymoretaxes-png.41780

Texas has been paying into the Federal system designed to provide assistance in the event of a natural disaster, why would you deny their claim?
New York and New Jersey each payed double into the same fund and yet Cruz voted to deny their claim 3 times!

You ruined a good point by lying, NJ does not pay double what Texas pays that is an outright lie. Now delete your lie and yes Cruz has egg on his hypocritical face here.
According to the net column, Ca and NY pay double, NJ pays 50% more, so sue me, both NY and NJ pay more than Texas.
statespaymoretaxes-png.41780

You fail at data analytics, you may want to go back to school to avoid embarrassment.

Nice try with your about face and using semantics to change your stance.
No matte which way one looks at what you are doing , its called BullSh*t

Wanna dry out first and reconsider, or are ya still all pro-secede down there? If pro-secede, are you rejecting federal disaster money and such so as not to be hypocritical?

I don't think they want to leave the union as much as they want to build a wall between them and people like you. Basically, they just want you to shut the fuck up. It is a sentiment I happen to agree with.
At the minimum a wall to keep illegals,drugs and gangs out that the USA won't build!
We want to succeed not secede. And we're pretty much there.

You don't know why we have a Senate? What a moron.
I know why they created it, and I don't agree that the reasons for it still exist, but that's a whole other thread. The Electoral College should go too.

Screw the dip shits that want disproportionate representation because they're anti social freaks who need to live away from people. That's their choice, and should pay for that choice

Wow, you're an idiot.

How would you know?

Realizing you have nothing to say for yourself, you have become completely irrational.

Wow, you're an idiot.

How would you know?

Realizing you have nothing to say for yourself, you have become completely irrational.
Irrational is claiming to be scholarly on the completely obscure topic at hand

Wow, you're an idiot.

How would you know?

The framers of the Constitution addressed the issues you seem so troubled by, and created a uniquely effective and excellent document. You are just some ignorant asshole who stumbled by centuries later making a fool of yourself.

How would you know?

The framers of the Constitution addressed the issues you seem so troubled by, and created a uniquely effective and excellent document. You are just some ignorant asshole who stumbled by centuries later making a fool of yourself.
I don't understand where this hostility comes from.

You sir, have hurt my feelings

:crybaby:

Jesus fucking Christ. Can you soulless self deluded wackjob trolls WAIT FOR ALL THE DEAD BODIES TO SURFACE before you dance on their bodies.

God this site needs the neg system back
Have no desire to dance on any dead bodies...but also cannot help but wonder how the secessionists are holding up now.

Yet you do:slap:
No I don't. But don't let me get in the way of your hyperbole.......you should never let a faux outrage situation go without.....faux outrage.

Youre fool keep wondering
How many from Texas voted against the aid for the victims of Sandy? And how many of those same people, Cruz for one, are now screaming for aid? Yes, the citizens of Texas deserve our aid and support. Cruz and those like him deserve our derision and contempt for their hypocrisy.
Pork and payoffs is considered "aid to the victims" for morons like yourself. People like you make an art out of being stupid:eusa_wall:
Actually ALL the non-Sandy pork payoffs were to RED STATES Alabama, Mississippi, Texas and Louisiana, to prevent the threatened GOP filibuster. Not one of those RED STATE Senators demanded that their state's pork be removed from the bill to save the taxpayer some money.

Pork is pork they go to special interest groups who pay off politicians....Bill and Hillary became very wealthy from payoffs..You're a moron and a hack. You could give a shit about these crony politicians as long as they are leftist

They are still part of the United States, they paid federal taxes, they are entitled to what they pay for.

Very simple, not complicated, unless you are just trying to stir up trouble.

I would like to help them but we have a $17 trillion debt

I don't think we can afford to help them. Maybe local charities can pick up the tab

Well, that's because we would rather give our money to other countries and illegal aliens than help out the citizens of this country. Maybe this country needs to focus on not being petty and political and help all the citizens that pay taxes and live by the laws.

Texans are tough

While the country may like to help them, we just can't afford it. Besides any bill we pass will undoubtedly be loaded with pork...we can't have that

Texas should buckle down. Have churches take up an extra collection. Maybe some bake sales or car washes. They can do this on their own

Let the illegals and other countries suffer. The people of this country come first.

Maybe we could have a bake sale for the American Vets that served this country and now have an administration that says fuck you!

The way we take care of our own is sad.

They are still part of the United States, they paid federal taxes, they are entitled to what they pay for.

I don't think we can afford to help them. Maybe local charities can pick up the tab

Well, that's because we would rather give our money to other countries and illegal aliens than help out the citizens of this country. Maybe this country needs to focus on not being petty and political and help all the citizens that pay taxes and live by the laws.

Texans are tough

While the country may like to help them, we just can't afford it. Besides any bill we pass will undoubtedly be loaded with pork...we can't have that

Texas should buckle down. Have churches take up an extra collection. Maybe some bake sales or car washes. They can do this on their own

Let the illegals and other countries suffer. The people of this country come first.

Maybe we could have a bake sale for the American Vets that served this country and now have an administration that says fuck you!

Not my fault Texans build their homes on a river and then it floods

There is nothing in the Constitution about flooding......that means it is a states issue in accordance with the tenth amendment

Sen. Cruz should know that

Texans are tough

There is nothing in the Constitution about flooding......that means it is a states issue in accordance with the tenth amendment

My apologies, I forgot you are a fucking asshole.

But the Texans now cite the "general welfare" clause!

Texans are tough

I just love my Constitution

The Constitution is quite clear about what the Federal Government can do. Per the 10th Amendment, all other functions are left to the states

Since the Constitution says nothing about "We the People" providing flood relief, that makes it a state responsibility

A Constitutional scholar like Ted Cruz should know that

Texans are tough

The Constitution is quite clear about what the Federal Government can do. Per the 10th Amendment, all other functions are left to the states

Since the Constitution says nothing about "We the People" providing flood relief, that makes it a state responsibility

And had not Texas paid into the federal government for such things, had the federal government not set up all these programs Texas paid into, had the federal government not taken many states rights away, you would have a point. However, they did and you don't.

Texans are tough

And had not Texas paid into the federal government for such things, had the federal government not set up all these programs Texas paid into, had the federal government not taken many states rights away, you would have a point. However, they did and you don't.

The state of Texas did not pay into the federal government, individual taxpayers residing in Texas did

But they still have to abide by the Constitution and there is nothing in the Constitution where disaster relief is a federal function

Let the people of Texas pay....why should I have to pay because they build houses on rivers? Why reward idiots?

Forum List

Back