Have We Squandered Our Cultural Inheritance?

I'd say as a baseline you can look at our entertainment as one example. Have you watched a reality television show? The public delights in watching people just be nasty to one another. We seem to be missing more basic empathy and compassion in our everyday lives.

That has more to do with materialism, consumerism, intellectual incuriosity and the disposable society that Americans are used to. The only thing most Americans really care about is $$$. THAT is the problem.

then your sorry azz needs to find you a country to live in that trades turds for tidbits of rice. hurry now. go.

If you look backward you can see the decline of our cultural value. And to me that mean each of us is a unique individual but we hang together as Americans. That's no longer true. The left elected a president who does not value this country and her culture, he refused to wear a flag pin, his wife said it took 45 years for her to find a reason for pride. he wants to burden us with a cap and trade bill for energy and will send billions of that money to Africa, he sides with Mexico over enforcing our countries laws and is suing the state of Arizona. We allowed illegals to march in protest in our streets carrying their flag over ours. we allowed the empire state building to be lit up in communist chinese red, the left bitches about Christmas every year and tries to make it a "winter holiday" while the Christians want to celebrate Christmas as the birth of Christ, but the atheists won't let that happen they spoil it every year with all their stupid arguements about when Christ was born and what a tree mean and bla bla bla When I was growing up Christmas could just be Christmas. The librul fucks in this country basically don't like this country that's why they are hell bent on changing it.

Willow....I actually read your childish ramblings

None of it has to do with the morality of the American people

It has everything to do with it, your're just too immoral to see it.

not value this country and her culture

America has no discernable culture of its own. Besides, 99.9% of what "culture" we do have is created by those heathen, lefty artists, musicians and designers. OH... you meant "conservative" fake patriotism, shallow xtian "culture". Got it. No thanks. Lee Greenwood sucks.

Sadly, I must disagree. What we have as a culture is an anti-culture. Ignorant people are applauded for slashing an artwork they don't understand. What comprises our culture isn't art or music, it's corporate. Someone complained about all the bleeps on reality TV. That was created in a corporate board room that wants to sell things by using shock. Another aspect of culture, cuisine, has become shrink wrapped and supersized, leading into our becoming the most obese nation on earth. But that's not really a moral decline as much as it is the idiotic belief that more corporatism is better than real social constructs.

I wish we had a culture that actually valued aesthetics. We don't. The kids don't listen to the real hip hop artists or their poetic social critique. They listen to the sensationalized, manufactured version of a stereotype of some corporations view of the street.

I bet you agree with Fancy Nancy. people should quit their corporate jobs and sit around all day and play music. She'll take care of your every need.

America has no discernable culture of its own. Besides, 99.9% of what "culture" we do have is created by those heathen, lefty artists, musicians and designers. OH... you meant "conservative" fake patriotism, shallow xtian "culture". Got it. No thanks. Lee Greenwood sucks.

Sadly, I must disagree. What we have as a culture is an anti-culture. Ignorant people are applauded for slashing an artwork they don't understand. What comprises our culture isn't art or music, it's corporate. Someone complained about all the bleeps on reality TV. That was created in a corporate board room that wants to sell things by using shock. Another aspect of culture, cuisine, has become shrink wrapped and supersized, leading into our becoming the most obese nation on earth. But that's not really a moral decline as much as it is the idiotic belief that more corporatism is better than real social constructs.

I wish we had a culture that actually valued aesthetics. We don't. The kids don't listen to the real hip hop artists or their poetic social critique. They listen to the sensationalized, manufactured version of a stereotype of some corporations view of the street.

I bet you agree with Fancy Nancy. people should quit their corporate jobs and sit around all day and play music. She'll take care of your every need.

LOL.....you still trying to sell that Bullshit story???

Take off your blinders man, they believe it because they SEE it with their own eyes.

What some see is interracial couples walking hand in hand, blacks and whites share the same swimming pool, homosexuals who no longer feel a need to hide their identity, etc., and base their conclusions on their own twisted set of moral standards. How many of these jerks wish our Great Nation was a theocracy do you think? The OP sure seems to think we should be following the law of Leviticus, as it did say Judeo Christian. When do we start stoning BBQ stands?

May 17, 2010

Americans' Outlook for U.S. Morality Remains Bleak

Three-quarters say moral values in U.S. are getting worse

by Jeffrey M. Jones

PRINCETON, NJ -- Americans are three times more likely to describe the current state of moral values in the United States as "poor" than as "excellent" or "good." Americans' assessment of U.S. morality has never been positive, but the current ratings rank among the worst Gallup has measured over the past nine years.
bxfm_277meej3cdqq0i0qg.gif
Additionally, Gallup's annual poll on moral values, conducted May 3-6, finds 76% of Americans saying moral values in the United States are getting worse; while 14% say they are getting better. Last year saw a slight improvement in these attitudes -- with 21% saying values were getting better -- but opinion has since reverted to near 2006-2008 levels.

Americans? Outlook for U.S. Morality Remains Bleak

It merely shows that Americans THINK moral values have declined without defining what moral values that may be or providing any basis of fact

Take off your blinders man, they believe it because they SEE it with their own eyes.

Same question

Which moral values have declined and during what timeframe?

Forum List

Back