GOP is BROKEN, Social Conservatives need to use the next 4 years to build a new party

In general polling 45% of the public sellf-identified as conservative, libs 20% and moderates 35%, while party self-ID went about 35% Dem and 35% GOP, but the poll samples were getting responses from 41% Dems and only 30% GOP.

About 22% of self-identifying conservatives refused to choose Romney and the final vote reflected that.

The GOP cannot win without the enthusiastic support of the social conservatives as ever election since 1972 has proven. Every GOP social moderate (ie would not campaign leading the way on conservative social issues) has lost since 72: Ford, Bush the Elder once exposed, Dole, McCain and now Romney. Social conservative GOP leaders that got out there on these issues win starting with Nixon in 72, then Reagan, Bush the Elder when posing as a soc-con, both W Bush efforts.

But now the RINO GOP elite have cemented control of the GOP with the ability of the RNC to change party rules as they want whenever they want for whatever reason that they want. This means social conservatives can never again get a fair hearing in the GOP.

So it is time for social conservatives to take a 'Long March' approach and rebuild a winning foundation for victory in the future as today is predictably lost. The conservatives in Canada did it and American soc-cons can to.

Teach your young to identify as *Christian* Americans instead of plain ole vanilla Americans and contrast the differences. Send your kids to privates school or home school them. Stop accepting the lesser of two evils (you still wind up with evil and that is not acceptable) and start pushing local and state issues while working within the GOP for now. Let your allies know privately that a split is coming in the near future and it will have to be a big bold move away from the GOP once things are set.

You will lose elections for the next twenty years, but thats OK. There is no real choice between Democrats and Republicans on the important issues now anyway.

But time is on your side. Demographics are on your side. The Dems will hold power long enough that their many factions will fall away from each other as the specter of the 'racist' GOP taking power and returning them to chains fades away. Build coalitions with Christians among these disaffected minorities that consider themselves more Christianthan sectarian ethnic.

Eventually you will win as the Old Guard Establishment falls apart for lack of children, lack of new ideas and lack of patriotism.

Your time will come again...be patient and have faith.

Conservatives in Canada aren't social conservatives in the American mold, so it's a poor analogy.

Plus, social conservatives in IN and MO lost Senate seats Republicans should have won. The party becoming more socially conservative is a loser. Exit polls had 35% conservatives, 25% liberals, 40% moderates.

Last edited:
In general polling 45% of the public sellf-identified as conservative, libs 20% and moderates 35%, while party self-ID went about 35% Dem and 35% GOP, but the poll samples were getting responses from 41% Dems and only 30% GOP.

About 22% of self-identifying conservatives refused to choose Romney and the final vote reflected that.

The GOP cannot win without the enthusiastic support of the social conservatives as ever election since 1972 has proven. Every GOP social moderate (ie would not campaign leading the way on conservative social issues) has lost since 72: Ford, Bush the Elder once exposed, Dole, McCain and now Romney. Social conservative GOP leaders that got out there on these issues win starting with Nixon in 72, then Reagan, Bush the Elder when posing as a soc-con, both W Bush efforts.

But now the RINO GOP elite have cemented control of the GOP with the ability of the RNC to change party rules as they want whenever they want for whatever reason that they want. This means social conservatives can never again get a fair hearing in the GOP.

So it is time for social conservatives to take a 'Long March' approach and rebuild a winning foundation for victory in the future as today is predictably lost. The conservatives in Canada did it and American soc-cons can to.

Teach your young to identify as *Christian* Americans instead of plain ole vanilla Americans and contrast the differences. Send your kids to privates school or home school them. Stop accepting the lesser of two evils (you still wind up with evil and that is not acceptable) and start pushing local and state issues while working within the GOP for now. Let your allies know privately that a split is coming in the near future and it will have to be a big bold move away from the GOP once things are set.

You will lose elections for the next twenty years, but thats OK. There is no real choice between Democrats and Republicans on the important issues now anyway.

But time is on your side. Demographics are on your side. The Dems will hold power long enough that their many factions will fall away from each other as the specter of the 'racist' GOP taking power and returning them to chains fades away. Build coalitions with Christians among these disaffected minorities that consider themselves more Christianthan sectarian ethnic.

Eventually you will win as the Old Guard Establishment falls apart for lack of children, lack of new ideas and lack of patriotism.

Conservatives in Canada aren't social conservatives in the American mold, so it's a poor analogy.

In the early 90s the social conservatives split from that party and formed the Reform Party, which put both in two decades of minority status, but the Conservative Party finally came around and agreed to a set of social conservative positions in order to remerge the two parties.

Since then the Conservative Party has been much more conservative, for a bunch of kanuks that is.

Plus, social conservatives in IN and MO lost Senate seats Republicans should have won. The party becoming more socially conservative is a loser. Exit polls had 35% conservatives, 25% liberals, 40% moderates.

Conservatives in this election were only 35% because, as stated, about 22% of conservatives did not vote and more simply refused to answer the pollsters calls.

Conservative pundits confused this with over sampling when the actual cause was conservative disaffection, mostly from the social conservatives, but also a lot of Paulistas too.

Far righties, read this quietly and think: The GOP lost because we act like a 1950 electorate of 54% American public of white males when in fact white males make up 32% of the electorate today.

Either we change, or we go into the sunset.

Nominating Romney was a 1950s retro thing?

Puhleeze, Sparkey, you are such a liar, but I didnt think you were a complete idiot.

The GOP can't "build a new party" in only 4 years. It's waaaaaay too fucked up. It's like an old house full of termites. Best to just burn it down and start over.

The GOP can't "build a new party" in only 4 years. It's waaaaaay too fucked up. It's like an old house full of termites. Best to just burn it down and start over.

Dumbass, I am not suggesting the GOP build a new party.

I am suggesting that social conservatives LEAVE the GOP and form a new party, and start doing it behind the scenes over the next four yeas, and break it out into the open if the GOP nominateas another loser like Romney/Dole/McCain.

Sheesh, reading is your mother-fucking-friend, shit head.

I am suggesting that social conservatives LEAVE the GOP and form a new party, and start doing it behind the scenes over the next four yeas, and break it out into the open if the GOP nominateas another loser like Romney/Dole/McCain.

Wow, with your language skills I'm sure you'll do well...

Don't sweat it. As soon as the shocking expenses for Obamacare kick in, not to mention Taxmageddon, the voters will flock back to the GOP.

The chickens are coming home to roost.

Rinse. Lather, Repeat.

Really? Should we consider those predictions as credible as the ton of shit you were wrong about going through this campaign?

Wow, with your language skills I'm sure you'll do well...

I am not a social conservative, but share some sympathies with them.

Most of them are evangelical and I am Catholic, and I dont much like clergymen because they are mostly raging fuckheads and hypocrits, to put it mildly.

Fuck them all, for the most part.

But they do have a role in the political landscape and more harm will be done if they dont recover from theneocon purges.

Oh, and fuck you.

Don't sweat it. As soon as the shocking expenses for Obamacare kick in, not to mention Taxmageddon, the voters will flock back to the GOP.

The chickens are coming home to roost.

Rinse. Lather, Repeat.

Really? Should we consider those predictions as credible as the ton of shit you were wrong about going through this campaign?

NYCarbinier? Oh, fuck, this thread has now gone all to shit.

In the early 90s the social conservatives split from that party and formed the Reform Party, which put both in two decades of minority status, but the Conservative Party finally came around and agreed to a set of social conservative positions in order to remerge the two parties.

Since then the Conservative Party has been much more conservative, for a bunch of kanuks that is.

Conservatives in this election were only 35% because, as stated, about 22% of conservatives did not vote and more simply refused to answer the pollsters calls.

Conservative pundits confused this with over sampling when the actual cause was conservative disaffection, mostly from the social conservatives, but also a lot of Paulistas too.

I was active in both the Reform and Tory parties. Neither of them came even remotely close to the influence of evangelicals in the GOP.

The answer for Republicans is not to rely on more social conservatism. It turns most moderates and Independents off, as well as libertarians.

I am suggesting that social conservatives LEAVE the GOP and form a new party...

:clap2:

Absolutely, bravo, I could not agree more. Please, please, please. Call it the Party of God, something like that. Sure, Hezbollah calls itself that, but your God is better than their God anyway, fuck 'em.

That would leave a GOP that is fiscally conservative (but sane) and socially moderate, where I suspect it would grab a ton of Independents and even a few Democrats.

And please be sure to take the Tea Party with you, that thing went straight to shit when it was co-opted by the Palin/Bachmann/Beck brigade -- they'll fit in with the Party of God like a hand in a glove -- and became a group of raving absolutists.

Jim, if there's anything I can do to help, just let me know.

I am suggesting that social conservatives LEAVE the GOP and form a new party...

:clap2:

Absolutely, bravo, I could not agree more. Please, please, please. Call it the Party of God, something like that. Sure, Hezbollah calls itself that, but your God is better than their God anyway, fuck 'em.

That would leave a GOP that is fiscally conservative (but sane) and socially moderate, where I suspect it would grab a ton of Independents and even a few Democrats.

And please be sure to take the Tea Party with you, that thing went straight to shit when it was co-opted by the Palin/Bachmann/Beck brigade -- they'll fit in with the Party of God like a hand in a glove -- and became a group of raving absolutists.

Jim, if there's anything I can do to help, just let me know.

ugly

Your hatred and stupidity are the retro things, Jim, while nominating Romney was the right thing, but he had to court you bozos instead of the center.

We are going to keep Romney, court reasonable Americans, and ignore you soc cons when you irrational.

We can't afford your old hate.

Far righties, read this quietly and think: The GOP lost because we act like a 1950 electorate of 54% American public of white males when in fact white males make up 32% of the electorate today.

Puhleeze, Sparkey, you are such a liar, but I didnt think you were a complete idiot.

Your hatred and stupidity are the retro things, Jim, while nominating Romney was the right thing, but he had to court you bozos instead of the center.

We are going to keep Romney, court reasonable Americans, and ignore you soc cons when you irrational.

gawd you're becoming a broken record..yawn

The GOP unleashed the KNOW-NOTHINGs and targeted them directly at liberalism.

By using this subset of the population the GOP did rather well with the KNOW-NOTHING voter for the last 30 years.

Sadly, for the GOP the Know-nothings are now politically entrenched in the GOP's tent and the puppeteers that run the party are finding that the KNOW NOTHING wing of their party will not sit down and shut up.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPmVhyHBRAM"]It's alive - YouTube[/ame]​

You, steph, are the broken record, spinning around and around, as you parrot nonsense that is no longer valid. Don't want your hate in the GOP. I told you your day would be coming, you didn't believe me, yet talk radio and TV/cable commentators are calling out far right extremist behavior as counterproductive.

Why?

Because you cost Mitt Romney an election.

gawd you're becoming a broken record..yawn

I feel like liberals are so fascinated with the coming of Obama that they could care less of his policies, they just want welfare, gay rights and for them to be able to live off the government, the conservative party will regain its strength in the next election.

Forum List

Back