George Bush - the most popular president in US history

Hopey Changey deserves no better treatment than George Bush got. I and many others will choose to blame him for all tragedies that befall our nation because it his terrible policies that are going to cause these possible future tragedies. He will and should be blamed for everything. That was the Liberal creep mentality during Bush's eight years so i see no reason why Hopey Changey shouldn't receive the same treatment. Is this fair? Was it fair when the Liberal creeps did it to George Bush? I don't know if it's fair or not but i do know it would be justice. Who ever said life was fair anyway? Just blame Obama sounds pretty good to me and many others. Blame Bush worked pretty good for the Liberal creeps so i'm willing to give it a shot. Hey who knows,maybe even that "Impeach Obama" stuff will become en vogue at some point too? I guess we'll see. Hmm?

Last edited:
Were you born in 2000? The hatred started as soon as Bush beat Gore in 2000 and the libs all started referring to him as the "Selected President." It abated right after 9/11 but came back with a vengeance after that when the Dems wanted power.

A sentiment caused by an abnormally close election, and exacerbated by Republican activists stopping the recount in the election from happening. A sentiment that was not "hatred", but dissapointment.

A sentiment which changed immediately after 9/11.

That's when George W Bush took the power we entrusted him with, power above and beyond the normal power of the presidency, and betrayed our trust compleltely.

Were you born in 2000? The hatred started as soon as Bush beat Gore in 2000 and the libs all started referring to him as the "Selected President." It abated right after 9/11 but came back with a vengeance after that when the Dems wanted power.

A sentiment caused by an abnormally close election, and exacerbated by Republican activists stopping the recount in the election from happening. A sentiment that was not "hatred", but dissapointment.

A sentiment which changed immediately after 9/11.

That's when George W Bush took the power we entrusted him with, power above and beyond the normal power of the presidency, and betrayed our trust compleltely.

Well, no. No one stopped the recount. Not the first one, not the second one, not even the third one. No recount showed Gore winning. That didn't stop the Gore activists from trying to disenfranchise Bush voters.
There was a change after 9/11 because Bush showed something that is unthinkable in Obama: leadership. He could have pulled a Clinton and sombered on about bringing the criminals to justice. And then done nothing. In fact he acted. And Congress voted overwhelmingly to go along.
But when the operations lasted longer than the next commercial break the Dems realized they could exploit the war to unseat him and retake the Congress. This they did.
Bush pledged to keep this country safe. He did so. The only betrayal is from the Left which voted for him before they voted against him.

Hopey Changey deserves no better treatment than George Bush got. I and many others will choose to blame him for all tragedies that befall our nation because it his terrible policies that are going to cause these possible future tragedies. He will and should be blamed for everything. That was the Liberal creep mentality during Bush's eight years so i see no reason why Hopey Changey shouldn't receive the same treatment. Is this fair? Was it fair when the Liberal creeps did it to George Bush? I don't know if it's fair or not but i do know it would be justice. Who ever said life was fair anyway? Just blame Obama sounds pretty good to me and many others. Blame Bush worked pretty good for the Liberal creeps so i'm willing to give it a shot. Hey maybe even that "Impeach Obama" stuff will become en vogue at some point too? I guess we'll see. Hmm?

What? This entire post makes no sense whatsoever.

Obama hasn't had any "tragedies" happen on his watch.

Unlike George Bush.

Senselessly blaming Obama for some imagined future tragedy is absolutely ludicrous.

It was YOUR favorite president that destroyed our credibility, put us into TWO wars, and bankrupted our economy. Not Obama.

But you assholes just keep making shit up to blame Obama for. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Say Whaaat? Most Liberal kooks blamed George Bush and screeched about him actually being behind 911. Just curious,were you actually alive in 2001? Your take is way way off. The Liberal creeps in this country did everything they could do to undermine George Bush during his eight years in office. Now we're all supposed to get behind Hopey Changey "for the good of the country?" Yea right,not gonna happen! I'm just gonna put it like the Liberals put it during those eight years...I hope my country doesn't fail but i do hope Hopey Changey fails or I don't hate my country but i do hate Hopey Changey. Why should Hopey Changey be treated any differently than George Bush was treated? Think about that for a bit and than get back to us.

Ahh, more revisionist history.

In fact, public opinion of George Bush was close to a 90% approval rating immediately after 9/11, which you may or may not have realized, included almost all Democrats in addition to just about everybody else.

In fact, anti-Bush sentiment only started to arise after Bush, in his genius, took the power we vested in him to pursue the "War on Terror" and abused our trust by invading a country that had nothing to do with 9/11.

And he never CAUGHT Osama Bin Laden, or destroyed Al Qaeda, which was his stated purpose when he was given War Powers.

In other words, people started Hating Bush, because Bush Fucked-up royally, and screwed every single American that put their trust in him to do the right thing.

Nice attempt at a history re-write though. I guess there's a reason you asked if they were alive in 2001... It looks like you seem to assume no-one was there to witness it.

This an unsubstantiated comment from the one who calls for substantiation of others' posts. However, I will stipulate that some libs hated GWB, true, as some loonytunes hate BHO today, which excuses neither set of wierdos.

Did George Bush catch bin Laden? Did George Bush destroy and obliterate al-quada and the Taliban? Did George Bush fail? Read the morning news, folks, and particularly you, Rab, particularly you, and tell us true.

I think it's funny that some of the retards on the right think that Obama should be treated like Bush for no reason other than "well the libs did it too." It's such a playground mentality.

The whole point of this thread was based on a hypothetical situation. I just gave my opinion on what mine and many other's reactions will be if a future tragedy does befall our nation. It will all be Barack Obama's fault just like it was all George Bush's fault. The Liberal creeps played that game very well during Bush's eight years and it seemed to work pretty good for them. I and many others will simply follow their lead on this one. "Just blame Obama!" Yea sounds pretty good to me. :)

Well, no. No one stopped the recount. Not the first one, not the second one, not even the third one. No recount showed Gore winning. That didn't stop the Gore activists from trying to disenfranchise Bush voters.
There was a change after 9/11 because Bush showed something that is unthinkable in Obama: leadership. He could have pulled a Clinton and sombered on about bringing the criminals to justice. And then done nothing. In fact he acted. And Congress voted overwhelmingly to go along.
But when the operations lasted longer than the next commercial break the Dems realized they could exploit the war to unseat him and retake the Congress. This they did.
Bush pledged to keep this country safe. He did so. The only betrayal is from the Left which voted for him before they voted against him.

I didn't say Gore should have won. I didn't say any of the recounts showed Gore winning.

What I did say was that Republicans stopped the recount, which they did, by inciting mobs to crowd the recount offices in Florida and stop them from doing their job, and then got the Supreme Court involved...

Which created a feeling that they had been "ripped-off" as voters.

Which, again, dissappeared after 9/11.

At least until Bush betrayed us all by manufactuing a rationale for us to take our troops out of Afghanistan and Pakistan, and then to invade a country that HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH 9/11.

You fucking jackasses really think that the entire anti-war movement was some kind of political GAME?

That is very telling as to how your thinking process works.

Only a sick, twisted individual would think that the only reason people didn't want to go to war, with a country that didn't attack them, is for political gain.

Only a right-wing nutjob would think that. Thanks for showing us your colors.

Last edited:
Bingo Rabbi! Nuff said.

Yes, that is what you wish, isn't it?

That someone could put out this crap and no-one would argue the point.

Well, unfortunately for you, there's plenty of people out there who remember the time clearly, and don't have some sort of sick political agenda writing revisionist history.

Ahh, more revisionist history.

In fact, public opinion of George Bush was close to a 90% approval rating immediately after 9/11, which you may or may not have realized, included almost all Democrats in addition to just about everybody else.

In fact, anti-Bush sentiment only started to arise after Bush, in his genius, took the power we vested in him to pursue the "War on Terror" and abused our trust by invading a country that had nothing to do with 9/11.

And he never CAUGHT Osama Bin Laden, or destroyed Al Qaeda, which was his stated purpose when he was given War Powers.

In other words, people started Hating Bush, because Bush Fucked-up royally, and screwed every single American that put their trust in him to do the right thing.

Nice attempt at a history re-write though. I guess there's a reason you asked if they were alive in 2001... It looks like you seem to assume no-one was there to witness it.

This an unsubstantiated comment from the one who calls for substantiation of others' posts. However, I will stipulate that some libs hated GWB, true, as some loonytunes hate BHO today, which excuses neither set of wierdos.

Did George Bush catch bin Laden? Did George Bush destroy and obliterate al-quada and the Taliban? Did George Bush fail? Read the morning news, folks, and particularly you, Rab, particularly you, and tell us true.

Thus spake "Jake, King of the Unsubstantiated Statement." Another ripe steaming one--oorah!

Because of his initial response. I wonder, if Bush had to do it all over again, would he still have created the Iraq debacle?

If he did re-create the iraq thing I would hope that time he would send a viable number of troops to provide stability, maybe then i'd still have my old college buddy to talk to.

I really thought the game plan was to take Iraq and Afghanistan so you could start a 2 front war against Iran.....:eusa_whistle:

What does Iran have to do with an attack on American Soil?

Nothing, why?

Thus spake "Jake, King of the Unsubstantiated Statement." Another ripe steaming one--oorah!
And we see Rab on the Run. I knew you couldn't answer any of them the way you wanted to without lying. Yep, Rab on the Run.:razz:

I didn't say Gore should have won. I didn't say any of the recounts showed Gore winning.

What I did say was that Republicans stopped the recount, which they did, by inciting mobs to crowd the recount offices in Florida and stop them from doing their job, and then got the Supreme Court involved...

At least until Bush betrayed us all by manufactuing a rationale for us to take our troops out of Afghanistan and Pakistan, and then to invade a country that HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH 9/11.

You fucking jackasses really think that the entire anti-war movement was some kind of political GAME?

Only a sick, twisted individual would think that the only reason people didn't want to go to war, with a country that didn't attack them, is for political gain.

Please, you're trying to backtrack on your own post. You said they "stopped the recount" which implies there was one recount and Bush stopped it. That is wrong, as you then admit.
Yes, the entire anti war movement by the Dems is a political game. It started with John "I was for it before I was against it" Kerry. And it continued with the Democratic Congress passing 138 resolutions against the Iraq war but without cutting off the funds that would actually have done something.
There were a few committed anti war activists. Of course it was politics for them too. One or two actually believed what they were doing. And more power to him/her.
We had no troops in Pakistan. Yet another fallacy.
The Iraq War had overwhelming Congressional support, including from the Democrats, who later claimed they were against it after they were for it. The war had excellent rationale, then and now. It was connected with 9/11 in the same way that D-Day was connected to Pearl Harbor.

After 9/11, George Bush was the most popular president in US history. Not only was the country firmly behind him, but also much of the rest of the world.

The question:

If the United States were attacked again, would Republicans stand behind Obama? Or would they want him to fail?

If, God forbid, we were ever attacked again

The right wing would hang Obama out to dry.....No question about it

You and rdean are the types of people who are responsible for dividing the nation. Always the "us against them" mentality of 4 year olds. Both of you libtard ass clowns must work for MSNBC.

Please, you're trying to backtrack on your own post. You said they "stopped the recount" which implies there was one recount and Bush stopped it. That is wrong, as you then admit.
Yes, the entire anti war movement by the Dems is a political game. It started with John "I was for it before I was against it" Kerry. And it continued with the Democratic Congress passing 138 resolutions against the Iraq war but without cutting off the funds that would actually have done something.
There were a few committed anti war activists. Of course it was politics for them too. One or two actually believed what they were doing. And more power to him/her.
We had no troops in Pakistan. Yet another fallacy.
The Iraq War had overwhelming Congressional support, including from the Democrats, who later claimed they were against it after they were for it. The war had excellent rationale, then and now. It was connected with 9/11 in the same way that D-Day was connected to Pearl Harbor.

Rabbi you are a fucking moron

How do you account for 90% approval ratings of George Bush after 9-11? There were NO LIBERALS in that 90%???

People turned against Bush because they were betrayed. He swore there were WMDs. He swore Iraq was an immediate threat and he had to drop everything and attack NOW!. Because he was Commander in Chief, people deferred to his judgement.
When no WMDs turned up and Americans were being killed daily in a conflict that he assured everyone would not last long, the world turned against Bush and rightfully so.

After 9/11, George Bush was the most popular president in US history. Not only was the country firmly behind him, but also much of the rest of the world.

The question:

If the United States were attacked again, would Republicans stand behind Obama? Or would they want him to fail?

I am honestly afraid of what the answer would be for many.

I think it's funny that some of the retards on the right think that Obama should be treated like Bush for no reason other than "well the libs did it too." It's such a playground mentality.

I think that it's funny that some of the retards on the left think that Bush should be treated like Clinton for no reason other than "well the Republicans did it too." It's such a playground mentality.

How's that Bush impeachment thing working out for you? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

I think that it's funny that some of the retards on the left think that Bush should be treated like Clinton for no reason other than "well the Republicans did it too." It's such a playground mentality.

How's that Bush impeachment thing working out for you? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

If you want to run a comparison of the Right's treatment of Clinton and the Left's treatment of Bush...I don't think you want to bring up the LACK of Bush's impeachment as some kind of equal treatment thing. :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back