George Bush - the most popular president in US history

While we're having these fantasies:

What if someone Obama released from Gitmo went to Iran and picked up enriched uranium and then had Jose Padilla (who is a dead ringer for John Doe #2 wanted in connection with the Murray Building Attack) to help him make a dirty bomb and blow up something here in the USA, would you stand behind Obama, well, I know it's really crowded behind Obama because the the KoolAid snorters and already lined up 6 deep, but I mean in a metaphorical sense, are you behind Obama?

bush released 500 suspected terrorists from gitmo, if it was going to happen, it would've happened under shrub

From your lips to Obama's ears

While we're having these fantasies:

What if someone Obama released from Gitmo went to Iran and picked up enriched uranium and then had Jose Padilla (who is a dead ringer for John Doe #2 wanted in connection with the Murray Building Attack) to help him make a dirty bomb and blow up something here in the USA, would you stand behind Obama, well, I know it's really crowded behind Obama because the the KoolAid snorters and already lined up 6 deep, but I mean in a metaphorical sense, are you behind Obama?

bush released 500 suspected terrorists from gitmo, if it was going to happen, it would've happened under shrub

From your lips to Obama's ears

facts are facts buddy

mmm,good
mmm, good
Barry got embarassed really GOOD!!!!
now the whole world is laughing real good!!!!

After 9/11, George Bush was the most popular president in US history. Not only was the country firmly behind him, but also much of the rest of the world.

The question:

If the United States were attacked again, would Republicans stand behind Obama? Or would they want him to fail?

If, God forbid, we were ever attacked again

The right wing would hang Obama out to dry.....No question about it

I disagree, because I believe the majority of the right wing would support Obama if he stood tall and acted decisively. Since it would be a state of war (if BHO got a declaration from Congress), the active nay-sayers could be interned for the duration.

I disagree, because I believe the majority of the right wing would support Obama if he stood tall and acted decisively. Since it would be a state of war (if BHO got a declaration from Congress), the active nay-sayers could be interned for the duration.

Ohh-Ahh, more slime drips from the keyboard of "Jake, King of the Unsubstantiated Statement."

We know he's right because Cindy Sheehan was spending the last 6 years of the Bush Administration in jail, right?

I hope we dont find out.

I think it would depend on Obama's response. People rallied around bush because of his response to the attacks. I would hope Obama would also stand tall, proud, and strong as an American with his response and gain the same level of support.

Because of his initial response. I wonder, if Bush had to do it all over again, would he still have created the Iraq debacle?

If he did re-create the iraq thing I would hope that time he would send a viable number of troops to provide stability, maybe then i'd still have my old college buddy to talk to.

I really thought the game plan was to take Iraq and Afghanistan so you could start a 2 front war against Iran.....:eusa_whistle:

I hope we dont find out.

I think it would depend on Obama's response. People rallied around bush because of his response to the attacks. I would hope Obama would also stand tall, proud, and strong as an American with his response and gain the same level of support.

Because of his initial response. I wonder, if Bush had to do it all over again, would he still have created the Iraq debacle?

If he did re-create the iraq thing I would hope that time he would send a viable number of troops to provide stability, maybe then i'd still have my old college buddy to talk to.

I really thought the game plan was to take Iraq and Afghanistan so you could start a 2 front war against Iran.....:eusa_whistle:

What does Iran have to do with an attack on American Soil?

I hope we dont find out.

I did, too, and I thought from the beginning we did not have enough troops. So did General Shinseki, who was vilified at the time by the Bush administration, yet his assessment was later supported by Senator Graham and General Abizaid, and even indirectly by President Bush.

That failure by President Bush and Secretary Rumsfeld to accurately plan for an end-game solution that would make worthy the sacrifices of American, coalition, and Iraqi civilian lives is one that will live in our national history as long as Old Glory flies. Here is a link to a January 2007 NY Times article documenting the above. Let's see if the squiggly far right moan and groan about the Times without admitting that it is correct in its analysis.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/12/washington/12shinseki.html?_r=1

I did, too, and I thought from the beginning we did not have enough troops. So did General Shinseki, who was vilified at the time by the Bush administration, yet his assessment was later supported by Senator Graham and General Abizaid, and even indirectly by President Bush.

That failure by President Bush and Secretary Rumsfeld to accurately plan for an end-game solution that would make worthy the sacrifices of American, coalition, and Iraqi civilian lives is one that will live in our national history as long as Old Glory flies. Here is a link to a January 2007 NY Times article documenting the above. Let's see if the squiggly far right moan and groan about the Times without admitting that it is correct in its analysis.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/12/washington/12shinseki.html?_r=1

We might have had enough if we had just gone after Bin Laden. This is why Bush will forever be remembered as a sh!tstain on American politics.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if I would stand behind Obama or not. It would depend on who he gave the apology to for making them want to attack the United States.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
I'm not sure if I would stand behind Obama or not. It would depend on who he gave the apology to for making them want to attack the United States.

More apologies for anything will be unnecessary...

as the Right-Wingers aren't in power anymore, there won't be any more massive FUCKUPS to apologize for.

:clap2:

Say Whaaat? Most Liberal kooks blamed George Bush and screeched about him actually being behind 911. Just curious,were you actually alive in 2001? Your take is way way off. The Liberal creeps in this country did everything they could do to undermine George Bush during his eight years in office. Now we're all supposed to get behind Hopey Changey "for the good of the country?" Yea right,not gonna happen! I'm just gonna put it like the Liberals put it during those eight years...I hope my country doesn't fail but i do hope Hopey Changey fails or I don't hate my country but i do hate Hopey Changey. Why should Hopey Changey be treated any differently than George Bush was treated? Think about that for a bit and than get back to us.

Say Whaaat? Most Liberal kooks blamed George Bush and screeched about him actually being behind 911. Just curious,were you actually alive in 2001? Your take is way way off. The Liberal creeps in this country did everything they could do to undermine George Bush during his eight years in office. Now we're all supposed to get behind Hopey Changey "for the good of the country?" Yea right,not gonna happen! I'm just gonna put it like the Liberals put it during those eight years...I hope my country doesn't fail but i do hope Hopey Changey fails or I don't hate my country but i do hate Hopey Changey. Why should Hopey Changey be treated any differently than George Bush was treated? Think about that for a bit and than get back to us.

because george bush spat on our constitution and got us involved in two fruitless wars

Ahh, more revisionist history.

In fact, public opinion of George Bush was close to a 90% approval rating immediately after 9/11, which you may or may not have realized, included almost all Democrats in addition to just about everybody else.

In fact, anti-Bush sentiment only started to arise after Bush, in his genius, took the power we vested in him to pursue the "War on Terror" and abused our trust by invading a country that had nothing to do with 9/11.

And he never CAUGHT Osama Bin Laden, or destroyed Al Qaeda, which was his stated purpose when he was given War Powers.

In other words, people started Hating Bush, because Bush Fucked-up royally, and screwed every single American that put their trust in him to do the right thing.

Nice attempt at a history re-write though. I guess there's a reason you asked if they were alive in 2001... It looks like you seem to assume no-one was there to witness it.

Last edited:
After 9/11, George Bush was the most popular president in US history. Not only was the country firmly behind him, but also much of the rest of the world.

The question:

If the United States were attacked again, would Republicans stand behind Obama? Or would they want him to fail?

Depends on if he'd sit down with the terrorists with no pre-conditions and have a little chat or if he'd actually do something.

Ahh, more revisionist history.

In fact, public opinion of George Bush was close to a 90% approval rating immediately after 9/11, which you may or may not have realized, included almost all Democrats in addition to just about everybody else.

In fact, anti-Bush sentiment only started to arise after Bush, in his genius, took the power we vested in him to pursue the "War on Terror" and abused our trust by invading a country that had nothing to do with 9/11.

And he never CAUGHT Osama Bin Laden, or destroyed Al Qaeda, which was his stated purpose when he was given War Powers.

In other words, people started Hating Bush, because Bush Fucked-up royally, and screwed every single American that put their trust in him to do the right thing.

Nice attempt at a history re-write though. I guess there's a reason you asked if they were alive in 2001... It looks like you seem to assume no-one was there to witness it.

Were you born in 2000? The hatred started as soon as Bush beat Gore in 2000 and the libs all started referring to him as the "Selected President." It abated right after 9/11 but came back with a vengeance after that when the Dems wanted power.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Forum List

Back