Gallup: Satisfaction with direction of US reaches 12 year high

Polls are tools and don’t necessarily reflect the attitude of the country as a whole. According to Gallup, this percentage of satisfaction was taken from 1520 adults living in the US. Polls should be taken with a grain of salt and not thought of as absolute proof. I’ve seen so many people on these kinds of forums claiming polls prove this or that and all I can do is laugh.

Polls are tools and don’t necessarily reflect the attitude of the country as a whole. According to Gallup, this percentage of satisfaction was taken from 1520 adults living in the US. Polls should be taken with a grain of salt and not thought of as absolute proof. I’ve seen so many people on these kinds of forums claiming polls prove this or that and all I can do is laugh.
Then why did you post a poll?

Well...a 12 year high..being...38%? Looks like the bar is just a bit low? So..my take..is that roughly 2/3's of the country is dissatisfied. Somehow, I just don't feel that asking 1,520 people out of 400,000,000--is a significant sampling--but hey..if it makes people happy..LOL!

fidalpmj5emvg4cmhbby1a.png

U.S. satisfaction has averaged 38% in May and June after averaging 29% in March and April. The nine-percentage-point bump between the two periods is entirely owing to increased satisfaction among Republicans and independents, pushing Republicans' satisfaction to 68% and independents' to 36%. Meanwhile, Democrats' satisfaction is unchanged at 13%.

Then why did you post a poll?

She posted a disclaimer, but when the outcome of a poll reflects something I perceive to be true I'm less skeptical.

The polls that have the meat puppet faggot at above %50 approval I'm skeptical of, because everyone I know believes he was a disaster. He was still preferable to the last 2 republicrats the GOP offered up.

Most people I know are more optimistic than they have been in 10 years.

Polls are relied on only when they appear to agree with one's political bent. Currently polls on the economy when poor appeal to the left who desperately want the president to fail while when good appeal to the right who just as desperately want the president to succeed. Both sides are skeptical when a poll doesn't agree with their preconcieved and often erroneous opinion.

Forum List

Back