Freedom of Speech Trampled on in Colorado School

Double standard...

Bullshit.

If I had a shirt that said something bad about John McCain or Sarah Palin then I'd be asked to turn it inside out probably.

Saying Obama is Terrorist's best friends is the same thing.

The kid even had the choice to turn it inside out, change the shirt, or get suspension.

He and his father perhaps chose option #3 to create this drama.

So in the words of Public Enemy; Don't believe the Hype

Angel, I wasn't talking about that part. I was talking about the word "Terrorist" written on the shirt. I thought that was understood.

Who cares if a kid has a McCain or an Obama or a Ralph Nadar shirt on, as long as it doesn't say anything offensive like the word "terrorist."

It just seems to me that boy's dad may have some closed-minded views to allow his son to have that on his shirt, but that's just my take.

What if the shirt means the kid doesn't think Obama will keep us safe from al qaeda?

What if the shirt means the kid doesn't think Obama will keep us safe from al qaeda?

Tell you what, I'll ride my bike over to his house, no wait, I'll get on his myspace and ask him what his thoughts are about the policies of this years election.

I'll get back to you as soon as I do elvis!

(Don't leave the building before I do!)

Tell you what, I'll ride my bike over to his house, no wait, I'll get on his myspace and ask him what his thoughts are about the policies of this years election.

I'll get back to you as soon as I do elvis!

(Don't leave the building before I do!)

Can't you see the shirt's message has different connotations?

well, as much as I hate to discount the opinion of an 11 year old, are you fucking kidding me? If your 11 year old kid is worried about Al Qaeda, one of you has biiiiig issues.

hint: it's probably not the kid, Dad.

Last edited:
Can't you see the shirt's message has different connotations?

Well please, have him write an essay on what they are. I'll be happy to go over them all with him.

So what do YOU think about his shirt ole Elvis? Should he have been allowed to wear it all day at school?

A Republican Stoner? If that's not a Contradiction in itself then I don't know what is

Yes Junior, I'm a Republican stoner. See son, unlike yourself I form my own opinions and think for myself instead of getting my marching orders from Moveon, Kos, HuffPo, Air America and MSNBC. Try it sometime kid, you may like it.

democrats5.jpg

Dann Dalton, the boy’s father — a “proud conservative” who has taken part in anti-abortion protests — told MyFOXColorado.com that the school is making a mistake by suspending his son.

“It’s the public school system,” he said. “Let’s be honest, it’s full of liberal loons.”

He later told FOX News, “I didn’t expect (my son) to get what he got, that was ridiculously uncalled for.”

His son also told FOX News he was “encouraged” to wear the shirt by his father.

“I felt like I should wear it, because I have a right to,” he added

So the father is a Republican, a hardcore one at that. He calls the public school system full of "Liberal loons".

He spoke to Fox News, and the kid says his father "encouraged" him to wear the shirt.

And then there is this.

They’re taking away my right of freedom of speech,” he said. “If I have the right to wear this shirt I’m going to use it. And if the only way to use it is get suspended, then I’m going to get suspended.”

I've been in the school system for 12 years now (this being my 12th) and you have NO freedom of speech in school kid. You go to school, and if a teacher tells you that you can't do this or that then you follow their rules. Otherwise? You get detention, suspended, etc. This is nothing new.

So I've been in the CURRENT school system longer then he's been alive. He's repeating his father's talking points or his hardcore republican of a father doesn't know the code of conduct.

Note he said "If I have the right" well guess what? You don't.

That'd be like saying, Sarah Palin: A extreme right nutjob's best friend on a shirt.

well, as much as I hate to discount the opinion of an 11 year old, are you fucking kidding me? If your 11 year old kid is worried about Al Qaeda, one of you has biiiiig issues.

hint: it's probably not the kid, Dad.

So the average 11 year old has never seen film of the towers collapsing? The average 11 year old hasn't mimicked the views of his dad and accepted them as his own?

Angel, I wasn't talking about that part. I was talking about the word "Terrorist" written on the shirt. I thought that was understood.

Who cares if a kid has a McCain or an Obama or a Ralph Nadar shirt on, as long as it doesn't say anything offensive like the word "terrorist."

It just seems to me that boy's dad may have some closed-minded views to allow his son to have that on his shirt, but that's just my take.

I can see your point. But where do we draw the line? What about the WWJD thing? Some might take that as offensive.

When do you have the right not to be offended? Where do we draw the line? Who decides what's offensive?

It was just one of his campaign shirts. It's still not OK. It's a political statement either way.

So Angel, at what age should a child be allowed to wear a political shirt? When they are old enough to vote? Or when they are informed enough about who they would vote for if they could.

I see your point about a KID, he's just listening to what his dad says, as most kids do. (until they want to rebel against us! teens!)

Roger S. is on here with all his political views, and he's only 17. I would say he's pretty well informed. ( even if you don't agree with him)

if you allow one political message on a shirt, you have to allow them all
dont you understand the difference?

Yes, I understand the difference. The kid should be allowed to wear the shirt all day at school. It's not like it says "Death to Obama".

Well please, have him write an essay on what they are. I'll be happy to go over them all with him.

So what do YOU think about his shirt ole Elvis? Should he have been allowed to wear it all day at school?

i won't vote for Obama, but the kid wouldn't have been allowed to leave my house in that shirt. Then again, I don't think the kid picked it out either.

dad's an asshole, go figure.

Forum List

Back