Freedom of Speech Trampled on in Colorado School

I can see your point. But where do we draw the line? What about the WWJD thing? Some might take that as offensive.

When do you have the right not to be offended? Where do we draw the line? Who decides what's offensive?

True, who does get to decide.

I guess in a school the school board and/or the pricipal for clothing items and such.

After school, kids are free to wear what they want, as long as US MOMS approve! (while they are under MY roof!)

Yes Junior, I'm a Republican stoner. See son, unlike yourself I form my own opinions and think for myself instead of getting my marching orders from Moveon, Kos, HuffPo, Air America and MSNBC. Try it sometime kid, you may like it.

democrats5.jpg

Calling me a kid just makes your burnt to a crisp brain self look even more idiotic. I love how to you a supposedly opinion of a 11 year old is a okay but mine means nothing?

You know what the hell that is? Hypocrisy.

I don't go to Moveon, Kos, Huffpo, Air America, or MSNBC. Unlike you who gets his talking points from Fox News, Rush, Ann Coulter, and Michelle Malkin.

So when you feel like not being a hypocrite, come back and talk to me. Perhaps you need to stop hitting the bong though, then you might start to make sense.

This sounds like you:

$FLA_voting.jpg

So Angel, at what age should a child be allowed to wear a political shirt? When they are old enough to vote? Or when they are informed enough about who they would vote for if they could.

I see your point about a KID, he's just listening to what his dad says, as most kids do. (until they want to rebel against us! teens!)

Roger S. is on here with all his political views, and he's only 17. I would say he's pretty well informed. ( even if you don't agree with him)

Don't want to sound conceited but not sure if you mean me Echo.

If so, thanks and you kinda got my name wrong. :lol:

So Angel, at what age should a child be allowed to wear a political shirt? When they are old enough to vote? Or when they are informed enough about who they would vote for if they could.

I see your point about a KID, he's just listening to what his dad says, as most kids do. (until they want to rebel against us! teens!)

Roger S. is on here with all his political views, and he's only 17. I would say he's pretty well informed. ( even if you don't agree with him)

Where do you draw the line? Who's to decide where the line is? If you have a gray rule, you lead to issues like this.

I'm happy that 2 of my kids are attending a school that requires uniforms. I'm hoping there will be room for my daughter and youngest son soon. This isn't an issue when uniforms are required.

So the father is a Republican, a hardcore one at that. He calls the public school system full of "Liberal loons".

He spoke to Fox News, and the kid says his father "encouraged" him to wear the shirt.

And then there is this.

I've been in the school system for 12 years now (this being my 12th) and you have NO freedom of speech in school kid. You go to school, and if a teacher tells you that you can't do this or that then you follow their rules. Otherwise? You get detention, suspended, etc. This is nothing new.

So I've been in the CURRENT school system longer then he's been alive. He's repeating his father's talking points or his hardcore republican of a father doesn't know the code of conduct.

Note he said "If I have the right" well guess what? You don't.

That'd be like saying, Sarah Palin: A extreme right nutjob's best friend on a shirt.

Either one of these shirts should be allowed to be worn in school.

Where do you draw the line? Who's to decide where the line is? If you have a gray rule, you lead to issues like this.

I'm happy that 2 of my kids are attending a school that requires uniforms. I'm hoping there will be room for my daughter and youngest son soon. This isn't an issue when uniforms are required.

I hear that one!

Uniforms are the best thing to happen to parents. We have them in my school, but not my daughters. I wish they did. :mad:

Either one of these shirts should be allowed to be worn in school.

Do I believe they should be? Sure but school rules say otherwise.

To bitch and moan and say this is only because it's a Obama shirt is BS.

School code of policy does not have a Liberal Bias folks. No matter how much of you on the right wing want to think otherwise.

True, who does get to decide.

I guess in a school the school board and/or the principal for clothing items and such.

After school, kids are free to wear what they want, as long as US MOMS approve! (while they are under MY roof!)

I think uniforms would solve the issue. I'm liking not having the fight in the morning of what they will be wearing. It's the same thing day after day.

Calling me a kid just makes your burnt to a crisp brain self look even more idiotic. I love how to you a supposedly opinion of a 11 year old is a okay but mine means nothing?

You know what the hell that is? Hypocrisy.

I don't go to Moveon, Kos, Huffpo, Air America, or MSNBC. Unlike you who gets his talking points from Fox News, Rush, Ann Coulter, and Michelle Malkin.

So when you feel like not being a hypocrite, come back and talk to me. Perhaps you need to stop hitting the bong though, then you might start to make sense.

This sounds like you:

View attachment 5914
the point here, rob, is if you allow any political shirts, then you are giving express approval for ALL political shirts
to limit one, you must limit all
if they didnt have a pre-set limit on what was and what wasnt allowed, the school might be vulnerable in this case

So the father is a Republican, a hardcore one at that. He calls the public school system full of "Liberal loons".

He spoke to Fox News, and the kid says his father "encouraged" him to wear the shirt.

And then there is this.

I've been in the school system for 12 years now (this being my 12th) and you have NO freedom of speech in school kid. You go to school, and if a teacher tells you that you can't do this or that then you follow their rules. Otherwise? You get detention, suspended, etc. This is nothing new.

So I've been in the CURRENT school system longer then he's been alive. He's repeating his father's talking points or his hardcore republican of a father doesn't know the code of conduct.

Note he said "If I have the right" well guess what? You don't.

That'd be like saying, Sarah Palin: A extreme right nutjob's best friend on a shirt.

Do you have the right to wear a Kid Rock T-shirt? What if the teacher is offended because it represents free sex, which the teacher thinks is dispicable? Same for a Beatles T shirt because they represent drug use?

I think uniforms would solve the issue. I'm liking not having the fight in the morning of what they will be wearing. It's the same thing day after day.

Uniforms might solve the issue but it's overkill.

To implement a school uniform in a public school is a bad idea. The bigger the school, the worse of a policy it is.

Do you have the right to wear a Kid Rock T-shirt? What if the teacher is offended because it represents free sex, which the teacher thinks is dispicable? Same for a Beatles T shirt because they represent drug use?

It's the gray area...

Since when do people have the right not to be offended?

Do I believe they should be? Sure but school rules say otherwise.

To bitch and moan and say this is only because it's a Obama shirt is BS.

School code of policy does not have a Liberal Bias folks. No matter how much of you on the right wing want to think otherwise.

It's hard to know the real reason the kid was punished.

It's hard to know the real reason the kid was punished.

School Code of Conduct. I don't know if you have a kid but all kids in all schools have to sign a code of conduct in their planner or something similar every year.

They include dress codes, this kid didn't follow those rules.

Yep! All my 13 yo wants to wear are her Rock Band t-shirts. At least they are big and not revealing! You should SEE some of the stuff jr. high girls wear now. Thank goodness my daughter is modest! (for now lol)

This is nice Angel, having a discussion without name calling and such. We may not have the same political views, but I appreciate how you can hold a conversation without flaming. I like posting with you, and hearing your views!

It's the gray area...

Since when do people have the right not to be offended?

There's a difference between saying Barack Obama is a terrorist best's friend and The Beatles are a group of drug users.

(The Beatles didn't even use some of the drugs they are famous for until they met Bob Dylan for the record.)

The Beatles did drugs, Sarah Palin has done drugs, Barack Obama has done drugs, half the people on this board AT LEAST have done drugs. So whoopie do?

That's not even including things like smoking cigs/cigars, and drinking as a drug.

Forum List

Back