For your Consideration....cash only and advertised prices

One bump...one bump only
thanks to Time for doing real reporting...learned I have a cash only MRi service in town.....only $500 for basic mri

For those who havent heard of the cash only surgery center in OK and the price differential between them and others. Suddenly insurance doesnt look like the be all end all option.
What Happens When Doctors Only Take Cash

How long before the insurance companies sick the regulators on them?
I doubt they are operating like a back alley abortion clinic
I doubt that matters to the insurance companies.

For those who havent heard of the cash only surgery center in OK and the price differential between them and others. Suddenly insurance doesnt look like the be all end all option.

How long before the insurance companies sick the regulators on them?
I doubt they are operating like a back alley abortion clinic
I doubt that matters to the insurance companies.
Pretty sure you cant just open a surgery center without jumping thru some hoops........

No thank you. I don't feel like carrying thousands of dollars in bills around with me. I'll take my rewards points and stick it on my credit card. If they're too cheap to eat a 2.5% fee, the free market will eliminate them.

No thank you. I don't feel like carrying thousands of dollars in bills around with me. I'll take my rewards points and stick it on my credit card. If they're too cheap to eat a 2.5% fee, the free market will eliminate them.

Or, more likely, the credit and insurance industry will see to it that they are regulated out of business.

I've seen this happen so many times in the last thirty years. People come up with innovative solutions to health care (co-ops, prepaid healthcare, etc ...) and the vested interests swoop in with their laws and their lawyers and shut them down.

Last edited:
How does one claim "no third-party reimbursements" when this facility is pretty clearly marketing to employer groups? Unless you're covering the entirety of your $19K orthopedic surgery out of your own pocket, there's a third party payer involved.

Forum List

Back