for those who do not believe in god.......

I love the arrogance of people who expect God to make sense to them. The one and only requirement to attain heaven is faith that Jesus died for our sins and intercedes for us with God. That's it. You don't do that, you're doomed. Not my rules, God's.

But man is arrogant, and evil in nature, and the majority will choose evil over good. And the Bible explains it. Except those who challenge God are too stupid and too enamored of their own "reason" to read it.

Oh BROTHER. This attitude from believers is precisely what has driven people AWAY from the toxic burdens of gods, religions and churches. If some people want to believe in a god, that's their choice and their right. The problems arise when religious sects try to FORCE their beliefs on others, either by making punishing laws that make it a "crime" not to believe or by military force, which some churches in past centuries are guilty of doing.

The fact that I choose NOT to believe in your god and NOT to attend your church doesn't affect your life one little bit. Your choosing to get ticked off about "non-believers" doesn't count as being personally affected.

How come there's shows all the time on History, Nat.Geo.and Discovery channels where archeologists find ruins of city's that correspond to descriptions in the bible?

Lies, lies, all lies. Because, you see, the Bible is a lie! Lol. And National Geo. and Discovery are essentially run by non-believers. Kinda funny, huh?

As far as I'M concerned, the bible is nothing more than a work of collective fiction, and poorly-written fiction at that. What YOU choose to believe is entirely up to you. That doesn't mean I have to believe it as well, nor does anyone else have to.

What I've noticed from militant religionists, which your posts clearly indicate you are, is that they expect everyone to accept their beliefs, whatever they may be, as "facts" when there's no intelligent reason for doing so.

The way I see it, Christopher Hitchens said it best, "...that which is asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."

I entirely agree with that statement. Religionists have provided NO evidence to support their assertions. Therefore, I can and DO dismiss them.

Except the reason Christians are scoffed at, primarily, is "lack of proof" and the insistence that the Bible is a collection of fairy tales.

And THAT's what you're so bent out of shape over, that people aren't kissing your....um....ring because you are a Christian? Give me a BREAK. Simply because your ego isn't being stroked constantly because you follow a certain religion doesn't mean you're being "scoffed at" or "persecuted."

Honestly, the "christian persecution" complex gets a bit old after a while. :rolleyes:

And the way I see it, those who don't believe will go to hell. And your desire not to believe doesn't bother me a bit. So long as you don't interfere with my right to believe as I choose.

:lol: REALLY. You could have fooled me. Your past posts give entirely the opposite impression. One more thing, verbal criticism of beliefs in gods or religions doesn't qualify as direct interference with one's right to believe. Just so you're aware of it.

when you die......and you discover there is a god.......what will you do........

will you beg for forgivness or stand by your principals and go to hell...... >>

I thought that God is supposed to be benevolent. What kind of evil creature would deny a person heaven for not believing he exists. That would be a hateful meglamaniac. [/U][/B]

so if you lead your life as and evil person and posting the kinds of mean statements as you have above... god is supposed to simply let you into heaven because he is benevolent....and if he held you accountable for your actions that would make him a hateful megalomaniac....but if as I said… you ask for forgiveness and he accepts you with all your flaws and evil deeds and statements and invites you into heaven….will you accept his offer or stand by your principles and decline….

And your PROOF that your god would do ANYTHING, let alone what you just described is....what, exactly? So far, all I have seen is a bunch of assumptions and no evidence or proof to back them up.

so if you lead your life as and evil person and posting the kinds of mean statements as you have above... god is supposed to simply let you into heaven because he is benevolent....and if he held you accountable for your actions that would make him a hateful megalomaniac....but if as I said… you ask for forgiveness and he accepts you with all your flaws and evil deeds and statements and invites you into heaven….will you accept his offer or stand by your principles and decline….

So let me understand....based on my questioning a God who is all powerful and all love and who allows innocent babies to die in famine ...that makes me an evil person? I am accountable for my actions and they are a lot better than many of those who go to church and are filled with racism and prejudices. I don't need to fear an invisible man in the sky who will let me burn in hell because I don't worship him............but he loves me (G. Carlin) If you want to believe in a heaven because you cannot deal with life ending, so be it. but don't call those who don't believe as you do....evil! This thread is for people who don't believe in god...so show some respect

i started the thread.....

it seemed a simple question.....if you choose to lead your life as if there is not a god and find out there is.....what will you do on that moment.....will you say sorry ask for forgivness and be accepted into heaven or tell the olde man to jam it and join all your freinds in hell....

Simply because you began a thread doesn't mean others have to answer a question the way YOU demand it "should" be answered.

As far as I'M concerned, your god is imaginary, and there will be no "man at the golden gate" when I die. I will have lived my life as I chose, which is more than enough for me. As I said before, what you believe is entirely up to you.

i started the thread.....

it seemed a simple question.....if you choose to lead your life as if there is not a god and find out there is.....what will you do on that moment.....will you say sorry ask for forgivness and be accepted into heaven or tell the olde man to jam it and join all your freinds in hell....[/QUOTE]>>>>>

Let me ask you a question.....What do you think God would say to me, me who didn't believe he existed? Would he say, "Welcome you were a good person and good people are free to question"....or would he say, "YOu didn't worship me so I am angry and will banish you to hell even though you were a good person". IF it is the latter, then hell would have much more intellectual people.

Forum List

Back