For the moron's who think Terry Schaivo can't recover

dilloduck said:
What a cop out---he had waited 8 frickin years----did Terri say she wanted to wait 8 years?????

Perhaps he was uncertain of the hopelessness of her situation until 8 years had passed. Maybe it took him 8 years to come to grips with letting her go. Only he knows for sure.

I find it curious that you consider his possible hesitation to pull the plug right off the bat as a reprehensible act, but the parents current hesitation is a sign of love. Are you really this obtuse, or is it an act?

Bullypulpit said:
No, let nature take its course.

no one can stop nature form taking it's course---she will die even if the feeding tube were to stay in forever--whats the rush? Does an incognizant scare you ?

pretty much says it all !! the outcome of the battle between legality and morality. Morality loses a lot these days.

The battle between morality and legality it is. The left has grabbed hold of the court system in this country and are shaking it for all it's worth to change the social fabric of our society. Remember their mantra during the Clinton impeachment trial ("It's only sex.") Well, I guess their mantra in this case is "It's only murder." Get a grip, huh?

Adam's Apple said:
The battle between morality and legality it is. The left has grabbed hold of the court system in this country and are shaking it for all it's worth to change the social fabric of our society. Remember their mantra during the Clinton impeachment trial ("It's only sex.") Well, I guess their mantra in this case is "It's only murder." Get a grip, huh?
well put !!

The lib dems will regret taking this stand. After she dies, all the info will come forward about how her husband and administrators suppressed her true condition. The libs, so proud now of their death victory, will be standing there with egg on their faces. Good job guys. Republicans in '08! Rove is a master.

rtwngAvngr said:
The lib dems will regret taking this stand. After she dies, all the info will come forward about how her husband and administrators suppressed her true condition. The libs, so proud now of their death victory, will be standing there with egg on their faces. Good job guys. Republicans in '08! Rove is a master.
I think that's why the libs are keeping a surprisingly low profile on this one.

dilloduck said:
I think that's why the libs are keeping a surprisingly low profile on this one.

Their cohorts in the court, cocourts, if you will, reveal their wishes well enough!

dilloduck said:
pretty much says it all !! the outcome of the battle between legality and morality. Morality loses a lot these days.

Isn't that amazing and frightening.

Moral relativism.......

moral...........The following definition of morality incorporates all of the essential features of morality as a guide to behavior that all rational persons would put forward for governing the behavior of all moral agents. Morality is an informal public system applying to all rational persons, governing behavior that affects others, and has the lessening of evil or harm as its goal. Clearly missing in this case

Moral Relativism.. - Is It Really Neutral?
Moral relativism has steadily and rapidly been accepted as the primary moral philosophy of modern society, a culture that was previously governed by a "Judeo-Christian" view of morality. While these "Judeo-Christian" standards continue to be the foundation for civil law, most people hold to the concept that right or wrong are not absolutes, but can be determined by each individual. Morals and ethics can be altered from one situation, person, or circumstance to the next to suit their own agenda and acceptance. Essentially, moral relativism says that anything goes, because life is ultimately without meaning. How sad Words like "ought" and "should" are rendered meaningless. In this way, moral relativism makes the claim that it is morally neutral. But it can never be.

Life and death is not just a religious issue, but a secular humanistic one as well, in which even those that don't believe in the hereafter find a reverance for human life to be the cornerstone for preserving civilization, therefore a human being can NEVER no matter how incpacitated ever be relegated to an animal, plant or vegetable. They are forever a human being!!

Adam's Apple said:

Spot on!!

Shattered said:
He said he didn't *think* she "would want" to be maintained in this matter. That's a far cry different than "don't want".. But again, there's nothing in writing, and there is someone that DOES want to take care of her, at any cost.

Michael is doing what's in HIS best interest...(and perhaps the interest of his girlfriend and/or children of the last 7-ish years).

My theory on why he won't just hand her over to her parents?

Because he did abuse the hell out of her (how does one explain the broken bones of someone completely incapacitated?). For as long as she's alive, there's a slim chance she will recover enough to let things out that he may not exactly want out.

Why else, again, would he keep her family from her? Do you think she told him "I don't want anything to do with my family. Don't let them anywhere near me."? Gimme a break.

Here is a question: we conservatives don't like the fact that convicted murderers are kept on death row for decades waiting for appeal after appeal while the taxpayers foot the bill....if Terry was handed over to her parents(which isn't gonna happen, its over) who do you think will foot the bill for her care? And yes there is no chance of recovery. I'm not saying the decision should be based upon money solely only that it is part of the equation and we are talking about tens of millions for no forseeable payoff or outcome.

rtwngAvngr said:
Go get informed.

Nah you posed the thought. Now don't act like a liberal and just spout baseless thoughts. Bring it, prove it.

By the way where have all the REAL conservatives gone? They certainly aren't in congress.

OCA said:
Here is a question: we conservatives don't like the fact that convicted murderers are kept on death row for decades waiting for appeal after appeal while the taxpayers foot the bill....if Terry was handed over to her parents(which isn't gonna happen, its over) who do you think will foot the bill for her care? And yes there is no chance of recovery. I'm not saying the decision should be based upon money solely only that it is part of the equation and we are talking about tens of millions for no forseeable payoff or outcome.

Yes. Let's outlaw hope.

OCA said:

It's hard for me to believe you, of all people, need to be told this, but Terri is not a criminal. Yes, I have a problem footing the bill to feed, clothe, and give medical attention to some bastard that killed his family with an axe or some guy that raped and murdered a child, but how does that compare to a woman who is guilty of nothing?

Jimmyeatworld said:
It's hard for me to believe you, of all people, need to be told this, but Terri is not a criminal. Yes, I have a problem footing the bill to feed, clothe, and give medical attention to some bastard that killed his family with an axe or some guy that raped and murdered a child, but how does that compare to a woman who is guilty of nothing?

I think pro death folks are sure that Terri wants this and are looking out for her wishes. I see her a basically dead too and is unaware of what is happening so what is lost by letting her parents care for her? The thought that what you WANT to happen after you die---MAY NOT HAPPEN. Won't be the first time--- as in contested wills !

Forum List

Back