For the moron's who think Terry Schaivo can't recover

OCA said:
So anyway what happened to conservatism?

I say from now on we leave ALL decisions up to federal judges. Why even vote, just have a panel of judges select the president. Don't say i'm going overboard, the precedent was set on Sunday night. We sold our principles down the river.

I have been consistently in favor of changing the laws in the States to reflect an admonition to err on the side of life if the patient's wishes could not be determined beyond a reasonable doubt. I don't live in FL but have contacted my State Reps in order to insure the law reflects this and if it doesn't to apply as much pressure as possible in order to get them to reflect this.

dilloduck said:
Maybe that just want some personal time to be with her before they have to let her die like all of us do.

Listen, if that were the case i'd tend to say ok take whatever time you need but I don't believe the parents are dealing in reality here.

15 years, I repeat 15 years. How much time is enough?

OCA said:
I understand Bonnie, but the fact remains that the law says your spouse is the decision maker in these types of cases. Should we change the law for just this one case?

If FL, the law reflects her wishes and not that of the husband. The Judge ruled that there was enough evidence to show that she wanted to go if found in this predicament. The whole argument rests there, the amount of evidence allowed and what the level of proof would need to be. I suggest changing it to the Reasonable Doubt level so that those found in this position would have the same level of evidence applied as those on Death Row.

no1tovote4 said:
I have been consistently in favor of changing the laws in the States to reflect an admonition to err on the side of life if the patient's wishes could not be determined beyond a reasonable doubt. I don't live in FL but have contacted my State Reps in order to insure the law reflects this and if it doesn't to apply as much pressure as possible in order to get them to reflect this.

Ok that is fine but it sidestepped the direct question. How could after all these decades of crying for less federal court intervention and more states rights on issues cave so quickly in this little bitty case?

OCA said:
Listen, if that were the case i'd tend to say ok take whatever time you need but I don't believe the parents are dealing in reality here.

15 years, I repeat 15 years. How much time is enough?

She's been systematically denied care which would have rehabilitated her.

OCA said:
Ok that is fine but it sidestepped the direct question. How could after all these decades of crying for less federal court intervention and more states rights on issues cave so quickly in this little bitty case?

I don't know ask the Republicans, I am Libertarian. I would not have voted this way.

OCA said:

How can be we be so concerned about rights that we completely ignore compassion??

OCA said:

They should step in in cases where individuals maybe being denied rights to life and liberty.

rtwngAvngr said:
She's been systematically denied care which would have rehabilitated her.

From day 1 fifteen years ago every medical practicioner connected to her case said she would never be cognizant again, the brain is trashed. Can you show this denial of care?

OCA said:
From day 1 fifteen years ago every medical practicioner connected to her case said she would never be cognizant again, the brain is trashed. Can you show this denial of care?

this absolutely untrue.

no1tovote4 said:
If FL, the law reflects her wishes and not that of the husband. The Judge ruled that there was enough evidence to show that she wanted to go if found in this predicament. The whole argument rests there, the amount of evidence allowed and what the level of proof would need to be. I suggest changing it to the Reasonable Doubt level so that those found in this position would have the same level of evidence applied as those on Death Row.

In the future i'd agree with you 100% but unfortunately its too late in this case.

OCA said:
Oh I guess all the medical records are forged then?

There is testimony by nurses that all positive signs were in fact stricken from her records. But let's just ignore that, shall we? May god have mercy on your soul.

OCA said:
In the future i'd agree with you 100% but unfortunately its too late in this case.

Then we agree 100%. I am not talking about this case other than to show that there is reason to change the laws.

I think the lady was failed at the Legislative level, not at the Judicial level. The Judges followed the law as written, I just think the law is inadequate and should clearly be reviewed and adjusted as necessary. If your State Rep doesn't listen then vote them out.

OCA said:
OOOOOOH the life is sweet for her. I can't for the life of me see how you people would even fathom that her or anybody else for that matter would want to live in such a state. Dare I say it seems selfish.

I say that about old people in wheel chairs and retarded people as well, but I guess when your in their shoes priorities shift and just living to see another day is a blessing.
Funny thing about parents is they don't care if you need a bedpan, or you drool, and wet yourself.

rtwngAvngr said:
There is testimony by nurses that all positive signs were in fact stricken from her records. But let's just ignore that, shall we? May god have mercy on your soul.

God? I signed my exclusive contract with the Devil last week with a 500,000 signing bonus :dev1:

Nurses? Lets say we stick to medical professionals better known as doctors shall we? Nurses tend to get involved a little too personally.

no1tovote4 said:
Then we agree 100%. I am not talking about this case other than to show that there is reason to change the laws.

I think the lady was failed at the Legislative level, not at the Judicial level. The Judges followed the law as written, I just think the law is inadequate and should clearly be reviewed and adjusted as necessary. If your State Rep doesn't listen then vote them out.

The lady was failed by her HUBBY who did not IMMEDIATELY follow her wish to die if this happened to her. Gross abuse of his guardianship duties !!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back