For the moron's who think Terry Schaivo can't recover

Jimmyeatworld said:
It's hard for me to believe you, of all people, need to be told this, but Terri is not a criminal. Yes, I have a problem footing the bill to feed, clothe, and give medical attention to some bastard that killed his family with an axe or some guy that raped and murdered a child, but how does that compare to a woman who is guilty of nothing?

No i'm not comparing her to a criminal although I know thats how it sounds, it was difficult to convey the thought without that.

No she is not guilty of nothing, but rather by ALL accounts she is without hope medically. The husband, who I think is being villainized by the right unjustly(sounds like a lib tactict(sp?) to me), is the SOLE DECISION MAKER IN THIS SITUATION no matter his current love life situation or anything else. Only he knows what she wanted granted they were idiots for not getting a living will.

My real beef though without all this other crap is why did conservatives drop their values so suddenly by getting the fed judiciary involved in a state matter. Highly, highly hypocritical.

OCA said:
No i'm not comparing her to a criminal although I know thats how it sounds, it was difficult to convey the thought without that.

No she is not guilty of nothing, but rather by ALL accounts she is without hope medically. The husband, who I think is being villainized by the right unjustly(sounds like a lib tactict(sp?) to me), is the SOLE DECISION MAKER IN THIS SITUATION no matter his current love life situation or anything else. Only he knows what she wanted granted they were idiots for not getting a living will.

My real beef though without all this other crap is why did conservatives drop their values so suddenly by getting the fed judiciary involved in a state matter. Highly, highly hypocritical.

You just always have to feel different and special, dontcha, ocra.

rtwngAvngr said:
Yes. Let's outlaw hope.

Lunacy is trying the same thing over and over and over hoping to achieve a different result.

15 years RWA, 15 years. No change for the positive. Only slow deterioration(sp?)

Now where are those professionals who see physical evidence of hope?

OCA said:
Lunacy is trying the same thing over and over and over hoping to achieve a different result.

15 years RWA, 15 years. No change for the positive. Only slow deterioration(sp?)

Now where are those professionals who see physical evidence of hope?

Her parents will accept her JUST LIKE SHE IS RIGHT NOW

OCA said:

True. Basically, as the law is, he is the sole decision maker, and I guess that's what people are having a problem with. That law sucks, in my opinion. It's a law that assumes a person's spouse is going to have that person's best interests at heart, and you can point your finger at any number of examples to show that is not always the case.

I think it sucks that congress, or even the courts had to get involved, but I will admit that I'm kind of glad they at least tried. If that makes me a hypocrit in some ways, so be it. Right now I think the best anyone can hope for is that lessons are learned in every way, shape, and form.

dilloduck said:
She feels nothing

OOOOOOH the life is sweet for her. I can't for the life of me see how you people would even fathom that her or anybody else for that matter would want to live in such a state. Dare I say it seems selfish.

OCA said:
OOOOOOH the life is sweet for her. I can't for the life of me see how you people would even fathom that her or anybody else for that matter would want to live in such a state. Dare I say it seems selfish.

Apparently it would depend on whether you believed her conscience enough to feel pain, or even boredom. If she did then the whole argument has become moot. If she is "dead already" as so many have stated then there is no reason to continue the discussion there is nothing to kill, if her parents want to keep her body alive then more power to them.

no1tovote4 said:
Apparently it would depend on whether you believed her conscience enough to feel pain, or even boredom. If she did then the whole argument has become moot. If she is "dead already" as so many have stated then there is no reason to continue the discussion there is nothing to kill, if her parents want to keep her body alive then more power to them.

EXACTLY !!!!!!!!!!

no1tovote4 said:

If she is mentally dead then don't you think is sort of sick for the parents to want to keep her alive? I know it would be a difficult decision to make for any parent but I would want my parents to pull the plug.

I just find it a little bit morbid, the parents position.

True. Basically, as the law is, he is the sole decision maker, and I guess that's what people are having a problem with. That law sucks, in my opinion. It's a law that assumes a person's spouse is going to have that person's best interests at heart, and you can point your finger at any number of examples to show that is not always the case.

Oh you better believe how many so called "loving spouses" there are out there waiting to buy that new yacht.
In light of that there most certainly needs to be law change!!! Great point!

OCA said:
If she is mentally dead then don't you think is sort of sick for the parents to want to keep her alive? I know it would be a difficult decision to make for any parent but I would want my parents to pull the plug.

I understand, but their opinion is a bit different than this, they believe that she has more in her than just dead brain cells and a functioning body.

So anyway what happened to conservatism?

I say from now on we leave ALL decisions up to federal judges. Why even vote, just have a panel of judges select the president. Don't say i'm going overboard, the precedent was set on Sunday night. We sold our principles down the river.

OCA said:

Put it this way OCA, If I didn't have a living will and it came down to my parents, or my spouse deciding my fate, Im going with parents everytime.....Blood is thicker than water. And I believe in marriage strongly, but this case has been a real eye opener for me.

no1tovote4 said:
I understand, but their opinion is a bit different than this, they believe that she has more in her than just dead brain cells and a functioning body.

Well hell I believe i'm the Greek reincarnation of John Holmes but the facts say i'm not. :laugh:

ALL facts in her medical case point to exactly the opposite position her parents have taken.

no1tovote4 said:

Bravo!!

OCA said:

Maybe that just want some personal time to be with her before they have to let her die like all of us do.

Bonnie said:
Put it this way OCA, If I didn't have a living will and it came down to my parents, or my spouse deciding my fate, Im going with parents everytime.....Blood is thicker than water. And I believe in marriage strongly, but this case has been a real eye opener for me.

I understand Bonnie, but the fact remains that the law says your spouse is the decision maker in these types of cases. Should we change the law for just this one case?

Forum List

Back