For the moron's who think Terry Schaivo can't recover

rtwngAvngr said:
Actually. there are professionals who believe the opposite.

The doctors from both sides and the independent doctors appointed by the courts all agree to the extent of her brain damage and the fact that she will never be cognizant again.

no1tovote4 said:
About half, the other half went to the lawyers in order to let her go.

The point is, that he hasn't used it to buy a yacht and go on a cruise.

MissileMan said:
The doctors from both sides and the independent doctors appointed by the courts all agree to the extent of her brain damage and the fact that she will never be cognizant again.

ergo----kill her quick???

Simply because it hasnt happened before doesn't mean it can't.

So if you had your way, then we hook everyone who is dying up to a machine and leave it turned on indefinitely. Shit, anyone of them might be the first person to spontaneously regenerate an entire new body and live forever. It could happen! Really! <=== insert Peter Pan smilie here

MissileMan said:
So if you had your way, then we hook everyone who is dying up to a machine and leave it turned on indefinitely. Shit, anyone of them might be the first person to spontaneously regenerate an entire new body and live forever. It could happen! Really! <=== insert Peter Pan smilie here

just kill everything that isn't cognizant----then we can move on to the retarded ones !

dilloduck said:
ergo----kill her quick???

IMHO, Terry died 15 years ago when her brain was denied oxygen for more than 10 minutes. So yeah, if it were up to me, I would administer an injection to make the body stop functioning in a quick manner.

MissileMan said:
The point is, that he hasn't used it to buy a yacht and go on a cruise.

I wasn't trying to say that he was wrong to spend the money this way. I was just giving information.

I try to put myself in his position. He has done several things I would not have (moving in with another woman, having kids with her, then saying my wife wanted to die if found in this position would be one of them), but the whole spend the money on lawyers thing isn't one of them. If I was sure that this is what my wife wanted then I would do whatever it took to get it done.

Now, put yourself in the position of the family. They speak to this Nurse that talks about how Terry says words, not well, but she speaks. That she reacts to her surrounding etc. According to her interviews she was fired when she found that somebody had injected her with enough insulin to kill her had she not caught it in time and then reported it. All of this happening since the husband had stopped the family from visiting because they brushed her teeth against his wishes.

What would you think with just that much if you were her family?

Both sides have been demonized, there is odd stuff that brings much doubt to the case and terrible accusations.

I personally will not adjudicate a man or a family I have never met and have only heard one or two interviews on TV from. I won't say he or they are saints, but there is no evidence that either side are packed with demons either.

MissileMan said:
IMHO, Terry died 15 years ago when her brain was denied oxygen for more than 10 minutes. So yeah, if it were up to me, I would administer an injection to make the body stop functioning in a quick manner.

Then her hubby should have done it then and is grossly neglegent in carrying out her wishes.

dilloduck said:
just kill everything that isn't cognizant----then we can move on to the retarded ones !

Medical technology is such today, that if someone were beheaded, they could hook up a pacemaker and respirator and keep the body alive. Should this be considered since according to some, a form of miracle may occur where a new head complete with functioning brain might spring from between the bodies shoulders? Just because it's never happened before, doesn't mean it isn't possible. :rolleyes:

MissileMan said:
Medical technology is such today, that if someone were beheaded, they could hook up a pacemaker and respirator and keep the body alive. Should this be considered since according to some, a form of miracle may occur where a new head complete with functioning brain might spring from between the bodies shoulders? Just because it's never happened before, doesn't mean it isn't possible. :rolleyes:

There not making frankenstien-----they just want to take care of the rest of her body til it dies. Why do you want to prevent them from doing this?

no1tovote4 said:
I wasn't trying to say that he was wrong to spend the money this way. I was just giving information.

I wasn't criticizing your remarks. I was trying to counter the opinions of some of the other members that Michael is trying to kill his wife for a big payday.

dilloduck said:
Then her hubby should have done it then and is grossly neglegent in carrying out her wishes.

I can't speak for her husband, so I don't know when he came to the understanding that she was never going to get better. I can say that he has been hindered from doing so for the last 7 years.

MissileMan said:
I wasn't criticizing your remarks. I was trying to counter the opinions of some of the other members that Michael is trying to kill his wife for a big payday.

Are you pro-death penalty?

Sir Evil said:
I'm failing to see the connection between a severed head and this case though. You may find it stupid, obviouisly others have not hence the stupid comment about the post.

There are a few here who are in denial about Terry's condition. They insist that we keep her body alive because even though the majority of her brain is dead, she might be the first human being ever to become fully functional with a dead brain. This insistence is as stupid as my headless corpse scenario.

MissileMan said:
There are a few here who are in denial about Terry's condition. They insist that we keep her body alive because even though the majority of her brain is dead, she might be the first human being ever to become fully functional with a dead brain. This insistence is as stupid as my headless corpse scenario.

no---it is YOU who insists on killing it !!!!

MissileMan said:
And then some! If it were up to me, there would be hangings in the public square again!

Just curious, since there are a lot of people dead set against killing common criminals, but yet wish to see this particular plug pulled..

What do you have against allowing her parents to take care of her? Why do you want to see the plug pulled? Even if she never gets better - what's it to you?

Forum List

Back