Donald Trump, the 45th President of the United States of America, again shows his genius. If you want to buy groceries you need to show ID.

Just because you stand your ground does not mean you have something to hide. If a cop comes to your house and asks to search it, do you let them? Or do you have something to hide?

If they have a warrant I would let them and possibly even if they didn't even though it's against the law and that's just because I don't have anything to hide.

You don't have any loyalty cards?

I don't for that reason. Except for CVS.

Reminds me of a funny story.

Years ago when I was still living in Tuscaloosa and my kids were youngsters (6 to 10) we lived in an apartment complex. There was a Food World a block away, so that was where we did our shopping. And our neighbors did too.

Food World had a loyalty card, and we all signed up. We (the neighbors and I) were talking about it and what Food World did with the info they collected.

4 families came up with a great idea.

Family #1 - Me, my wife and our three children
Family #2 - a single Mom with 2 teenagers
Family #3 - a senior couple (both in their 80s)
Family #4 - a black couple with 2 kids (parents loved to party)

So we decided to confuse the loyalty card databae. Every couple of months, we would switch cards between ourselves. There was no financial data on the cards. Not sure our names were even on them. But I have always imagined the database mg looking at kids foods for a month or so, lots of beer and wine for a couple of months, birth control for a month, and then Depends and Geritol for a month.

If they have a warrant I would let them and possibly even if they didn't even though it's against the law and that's just because I don't have anything to hide.

That is your choice. But refusing to be searched does not mean someone has something to hide. It means they have rights and it is their choice.

That is your choice. But refusing to be searched does not mean someone has something to hide. It means they have rights and it is their choice.

Btw, what does any of this have to do with proving whether or not a citizen is legal?

I don't consider those items groceries.
Yet, most grocery stores sell wine and beer.
No, I don't think so. This is a method to remove illegals from the US. Namely to starve them out.
It's a start.
So you never wrote a check or bought tobacco or alcohol? You need ID for any of the three. You also need to present ID for credit card sales.
I have never, not one single time, had to show ID to pay with my credit card.

Forum List

Back