Zone1 This is what the United States (multiple religions) has come to...

nomadic5

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2022

Our govt institutions are conspiring (yes, conspiring) to STOP a popular candidate running for president

from doing that. They will stop at nothing, apparently.

They know Americans are God-fearing and law-abiding (for the most part) so "they" think that these multiple indictments against said popular candidate will do the trick.

This makes me want to choose Trump over DeSantis, although I really haven't decided yet.

But the point of this thread is that America was founded on religious freedom. It was good, at least in some ways, for our new nation to want to protect ALL religions. But when a religion is DANGEROUS to individuals, it is dangerous to the state, which obviously is comprised of numerous individuals.

And many religions the US has accepted are indeed dangerous. I don't have to remind people of the beliefs of extreme Islam (hopefully?) w/ its Sharia law, etc.

But there are religions that are dangerous in a more seemingly subtle way. A lot of non-Catholics (maybe even some Catholics.. subconsciously?) believe in easy salvation.. aka Once Saved Always Saved. This is a FALSE religion and yet I feel the entire country practices some version of it... It's the old "God is too loving to reject me just because I sin" argument.

Well, guess what? We humans are despicable in our inclination toward sin and nothing but sin. So there's that... St Paul said that we humans must "undergo many hardships in order to enter the Kingdom of Heaven"

Then there's this scripture: "Work out your salvation with fear and trembling" (Phil 2:12?)

Why fear and trembling? Well, in another Scripture we are told that "Fear of God is the beginning of all wisdom" (Proverbs 1, I believe)
r

Mankind is redeemable only by the grace of God and the indwelling Holy Spirit. :bowdown:

Mankind is redeemable only by the grace of God and the indwelling Holy Spirit. :bowdown:
and where does that come from?

Where and how does one obtain the grace of God and the indwelling of the HS?

..used to be you could go to... SURPRISE SURPRISE... Christ's CHURCH

to get that. Now that the Church He founded is virtually gone (hard to locate, in any case), things have become difficult, to say the least.

And then there's this "little" problem: When you do have the indwelling of the HS... Satan despises you and attacks you any way he can.. and then you may find yourself uttering those Famous Words

"..God, why have You forsaken me?"

It is not easy following Christ... as He desires us to follow Him

Our govt institutions are conspiring (yes, conspiring) to STOP a popular candidate running for president

from doing that. They will stop at nothing, apparently.

They know Americans are God-fearing and law-abiding (for the most part) so "they" think that these multiple indictments against said popular candidate will do the trick.

This makes me want to choose Trump over DeSantis, although I really haven't decided yet.

But the point of this thread is that America was founded on religious freedom. It was good, at least in some ways, for our new nation to want to protect ALL religions. But when a religion is DANGEROUS to individuals, it is dangerous to the state, which obviously is comprised of numerous individuals.

And many religions the US has accepted are indeed dangerous. I don't have to remind people of the beliefs of extreme Islam (hopefully?) w/ its Sharia law, etc.

But there are religions that are dangerous in a more seemingly subtle way. A lot of non-Catholics (maybe even some Catholics.. subconsciously?) believe in easy salvation.. aka Once Saved Always Saved. This is a FALSE religion and yet I feel the entire country practices some version of it... It's the old "God is too loving to reject me just because I sin" argument.

Well, guess what? We humans are despicable in our inclination toward sin and nothing but sin. So there's that... St Paul said that we humans must "undergo many hardships in order to enter the Kingdom of Heaven"

Then there's this scripture: "Work out your salvation with fear and trembling" (Phil 2:12?)

Why fear and trembling? Well, in another Scripture we are told that "Fear of God is the beginning of all wisdom" (Proverbs 1, I believe)
r
Humans are not oriented toward sexual assault and election fraud as your blob is both admittedly and is the most recent charges allege.

If Trump directly threatens the law of the land, he could justifiably be summarily executed.
This jaded threat is far premature but it could become relevant quite soon.

But as always with Trump, he gambles with his popularity and edges closer and closer to calling for violence.

to get that. Now that the Church He founded is virtually gone (hard to locate, in any case), things have become difficult, to say the least.

And then there's this "little" problem: When you do have the indwelling of the HS... Satan despises you and attacks you any way he can.. and then you may find yourself uttering those Famous Words

Once you get used to it it's pretty easy.

Once you get used to it it's pretty easy.
I have never found it to be easy. The devil knows all the tricks in the book. He knows you better than you know yourself.. and most people don't know themselves too well at all.

I have never found it to be easy. The devil knows all the tricks in the book. He knows you better than you know yourself.. and most people don't know themselves too well at all.
After a while you can see Satan's attacks coming. They come mostly from friends and family.

Matthew 11:28-30
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

OP: The link provided in the OP is in violation of the rules for this section. It's only posing as being a religion question.

If it'a an 'ethics' question then it shouldn't pose as relgion question.

Matthew 11:28-30
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

It is only "easy" in comparison to the yoke that the world, the flesh and the devil put on us.

When we are in Christ, truly IN Him (through prayer, especially the rosary, Scripture reading, true Mass attendance, etc), our burdens are lifted and life becomes do-able again

But we cannot do those things 24/7/365 every single minute...

It is only "easy" in comparison to the yoke that the world, the flesh and the devil put on us.

When we are in Christ, truly IN Him (through prayer, especially the rosary, Scripture reading, true Mass attendance, etc), our burdens are lifted and life becomes do-able again

But we cannot do those things 24/7/365 every single minute...
Conversion is a life-long process, often one step forward, two steps back.

Last edited:
OP: The link provided in the OP is in violation of the rules for this section. It's only posing as being a religion question.

If it'a an 'ethics' question then it shouldn't pose as relgion question.

I used that link to show just how rotten our country is and how and why we have fallen so far...

When a true relationship with Christ fails

OH WOW... so shocking that our nation fails!!

If Trump directly threatens the law of the land, he could justifiably be summarily executed.
This jaded threat is far premature but it could become relevant quite soon.

But as always with Trump, he gambles with his popularity and edges closer and closer to calling for violence.
He's not calling for violence but opposition, non cooperation, rebellion.

Ask. It's a gift. If you are looking to be given this gift in a Church you won't find it.

Forum List

Back