Does Trump Believe in Free Speech or Only His Speech?

Where did you get the notion that Huffington post has a right to have access to his campaign?
Why doesn't it? He is running for public office to be President.

They have a right to report whatever information Trump is willing to give them, and not a thing more. Trump isn't required to provide any access whatever to the press if he doesn't want to. Freedom of speech doesn't translate into a right of the press to demand whatever information they want from private citizens. They have no such right, as the courts have ruled time after time.
The President of the United States is not a private citizen.

Trump isn't the president of the United States.
So you and Peach believe Trump will change his attitude the day he takes the Oath of Office? Don't be silly, guys.

What has his attitude got to do with what we were talking about any President being private citizen or not?

I don't know what exactly you mean by his attitude.
Is he using the media for free publicity? Yes he is.
Will he use that same tactic when dealing with foreign leaders? NO he wont.
He would never have any property anywhere else in the world if he used the attitude he is using with the media.
Common on people, start using your heads rather than letting the media lead the country over their own ideology of who they want to see as President.

why isn't anyone upset with this ? he is the President not just some candidate. From the Hufferpuffer site even. he not only froze out the press but he did the people he supposedly represents

SNIP:
Obama Finishes First Term With Fewest Press Conferences Since Reagan
01/15/2013 01:10 pm ET | Updated Mar 17, 2013

President Obama conducted fewer press conferences during his first term than any president since Ronald Reagan, Politico reported on Tuesday.

The website asked presidential historian Martha Kumar, who regularly crunches the numbers about the commander-in-chief’s interactions with the media, to see how Obama fared when compared to his predecessors. He turned out to have faced the press even less than George W. Bush.

The numbers:

President Obama - 79
President George W. Bush - 89
President Bill Clinton - 133
President George H. W. Bush - 143
President Reagan - 27

all of it here:
Obama Finishes First Term With Fewest Press Conferences Since Reagan

Give me an example of an actual lie broadcast by any of the banned news organizations. Please.

One example of many;
Trump is not a racist.
Never has been and never will be, yet they all have said that he is.
Any possibility you could give me an example that isn't opinion? An honest to God lie?

That is not an opinion, it is a fact.
Accusing him of racism, is an opinion, but not based on true facts.
Some believe his statements reflect racism, in that he makes negative generalizations about an entire group of people based on the actions of some. Those statements of his are "facts" in that he did say them. Personally, I don't know what to think about him being racist, and I am uncomfortable with people who glibly label him as such. BUT those people would say his words are the facts they're basing it on.
I appreciate knowing what kind of lies he is referring to, anyway. Thanks.

That was the other lie spun from the news.
He did not generalize about an entire group or groups of people, whether it was illegal immigrants or halting Muslim immigrants temporarily.
These lies is what is causing the left to come out and protest over.
If you listened to the protestors in Chicago, they pretty much all quoted the lies that is being told to them.
I HEARD those statements come out of Trump's mouth. I didn't make it up or twist his words or just repeat some 'talking points' I read online. It is most definitely NOT a lie that he made generalizations about illegal immigrants, calling them bad people, rapists, drug dealers...and he came out with no provocation whatsoever to make the extraordinary statement that Islam Hates Us. When asked if he meant radical Islam, he said, in effect, not really...it's really hard to tell one from the other, and a LOT of them hate us.
Those are generalizations, Peach. That is ONE of the tactics/mindsets used by racists, although alone it does not make him a racist, necessarily.

One example of many;
Trump is not a racist.
Never has been and never will be, yet they all have said that he is.
Any possibility you could give me an example that isn't opinion? An honest to God lie?

That is not an opinion, it is a fact.
Accusing him of racism, is an opinion, but not based on true facts.
Some believe his statements reflect racism, in that he makes negative generalizations about an entire group of people based on the actions of some. Those statements of his are "facts" in that he did say them. Personally, I don't know what to think about him being racist, and I am uncomfortable with people who glibly label him as such. BUT those people would say his words are the facts they're basing it on.
I appreciate knowing what kind of lies he is referring to, anyway. Thanks.

That was the other lie spun from the news.
He did not generalize about an entire group or groups of people, whether it was illegal immigrants or halting Muslim immigrants temporarily.
These lies is what is causing the left to come out and protest over.
If you listened to the protestors in Chicago, they pretty much all quoted the lies that is being told to them.
I HEARD those statements come out of Trump's mouth. I didn't make it up or twist his words or just repeat some 'talking points' I read online. It is most definitely NOT a lie that he made generalizations about illegal immigrants, calling them bad people, rapists, drug dealers...and he came out with no provocation whatsoever to make the extraordinary statement that Islam Hates Us. When asked if he meant radical Islam, he said, in effect, not really...it's really hard to tell one from the other, and a LOT of them hate us.
Those are generalizations, Peach. That is ONE of the tactics/mindsets used by racists, although alone it does not make him a racist, necessarily.

So did I and I had no problem understanding that he meant the illegals interring this country as well as millions of other Americans.

Here's Donald Trump's Presidential Announcement Speech

When do we beat Mexico at the border? They’re laughing at us, at our stupidity. And now they are beating us economically. They are not our friend, believe me. But they’re killing us economically.

The U.S. has become a dumping ground for everybody else’s problems.

Thank you. It’s true, and these are the best and the finest. When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

But I speak to border guards and they tell us what we’re getting. And it only makes common sense. It only makes common sense. They’re sending us not the right people.

It’s coming from more than Mexico. It’s coming from all over South and Latin America, and it’s coming probably— probably— from the Middle East. But we don’t know. Because we have no protection and we have no competence, we don’t know what’s happening. And it’s got to stop and it’s got to stop fast.

It depends on how you view and look at things as people form their opinions and everyone in this country has the right to do so.

You see an insult for possible new citizens that are breaking our laws, others see it as illegals that needs to be stopped from breaking our laws.

Donald Trump is no 'victim,' having his right to free speech stolen by Bad Liberals. He is just as busy stopping the free speech of his opponents, and he did it first. He routinely bans newscasters that ask hard questions or print opinions he does not like from his pretend "news conferences." He is refusing to deal with a Fox News debate for a second time, and revving up the slander war against Meghyn Kelly on Twitter. He also wants to expand libel laws so he can sue organizations like the New York Times that "lie" about him (I'm pretty sure NY Times verifies its sources, just so you know). What will political coverage be like when you elect Donald as President? Russia, Cuba – they can tell us all about how to make it work.

Is that REALLY what you Trumpeters want? A country that prohibits unfavorable news or editorials about our President? Shrug and say you don't care at your own peril.

POLITICO reporter Ben Schreckinger was denied entry to Donald Trump's press conference on Tuesday night, despite having previously been granted credentials by the campaign.

The move followed a threat last week from Trump officials to exclude POLITICO reporters from campaign events…

Schreckinger, whose latest story on Trump's campaign was a report on concerns about campaign manager Corey Lewandowski's temperament and behavior, never received an explanation as to why his credentials have been denied. Neither Lewandowski nor Trump spokeswoman Hope Hicks responded to requests for comment….

POLITICO is far from alone among media organizations being denied entry to Trump events. The Des Moines Register, Univision, Fusion, The Huffington Post, National Review, Mother Jonesand BuzzFeed have all been denied credentials to Trump's events, often after publishing critical stories about the campaign. In January, New York Times reporter Trip Gabriel was ejected from an event in Iowa after writing about Trump's weak ground game in the state, which he eventually lost to Ted Cruz.

POLITICO reporter denied access to Trump event

Lib protesters and colleges hate free speech.

Donald Trump is no 'victim,' having his right to free speech stolen by Bad Liberals. He is just as busy stopping the free speech of his opponents, and he did it first. He routinely bans newscasters that ask hard questions or print opinions he does not like from his pretend "news conferences." He is refusing to deal with a Fox News debate for a second time, and revving up the slander war against Meghyn Kelly on Twitter. He also wants to expand libel laws so he can sue organizations like the New York Times that "lie" about him (I'm pretty sure NY Times verifies its sources, just so you know). What will political coverage be like when you elect Donald as President? Russia, Cuba – they can tell us all about how to make it work.

Is that REALLY what you Trumpeters want? A country that prohibits unfavorable news or editorials about our President? Shrug and say you don't care at your own peril.

POLITICO reporter Ben Schreckinger was denied entry to Donald Trump's press conference on Tuesday night, despite having previously been granted credentials by the campaign.

The move followed a threat last week from Trump officials to exclude POLITICO reporters from campaign events…

Schreckinger, whose latest story on Trump's campaign was a report on concerns about campaign manager Corey Lewandowski's temperament and behavior, never received an explanation as to why his credentials have been denied. Neither Lewandowski nor Trump spokeswoman Hope Hicks responded to requests for comment….

POLITICO is far from alone among media organizations being denied entry to Trump events. The Des Moines Register, Univision, Fusion, The Huffington Post, National Review, Mother Jonesand BuzzFeed have all been denied credentials to Trump's events, often after publishing critical stories about the campaign. In January, New York Times reporter Trip Gabriel was ejected from an event in Iowa after writing about Trump's weak ground game in the state, which he eventually lost to Ted Cruz.

If they are seeing the fascist shadow in Trump's words and actions, I don't blame them for protesting/disagreeing. They have to give him space to speak, however, smelly as it may be.

If they are seeing the fascist shadow in Trump's words and actions, I don't blame them for protesting/disagreeing. They have to give him space to speak, however, smelly as it may be.

Lefting turds use terms like "fascist shadow" because they have absolutely no evidence of their accusations. Candidates like Bernie and Hillary are far more fascist than Trump is, by any measure.

When leftists are attacking his supporters, trying to stop his speeches and now even trying to block roads to prevent people from getting there, your keen insight is to ask if ... Trump ... allows dissenting views? Wow

It is the protestors at his rallies that are the fascists, their goal is to shut his rallies down or not let the people in to hear him.

Trumps followers beat up those who do not agree with them

Yes, they do when they are being attacked by those people who don't agree with them

One thing that's apparent is that anti-Trump protesters can do no wrong in the eyes of the leftwing douche bags in this forum. They could shoot somebody in the audience and all they would do is complain that the perp was handled too roughly by security when they slapped the cuffs on him.

Last edited:
A Federal Judge Just Ruled That Trump Has Violated The First Amendment By Blocking People On Twitter

2017TWRealDonaldTrumpBlockedMessageCreditTwitter.jpg

mqdefault.jpg

4C90AC1B00000578-5763495-How_it_looks_Trump_has_blocked_critics_from_accessing_his_Twitte-m-28_1527100680494.jpg

We've a snowflake for a potus now

~S~

I think you know the answer to your question. No one in their right mind would ever believe trump or his goofy follower's believe in free speech except their own.

freedom of speech means you can say what you want, within reason usually. it does NOT say i have to agree, or even listen.

as far as unfavorable news about our president - if you're going to do this then you really need to look up sharyl attkisson. she broke fast n furious and it made obama furious, fast.

obama also struck out at fox news. now i don't care if you like them or not but they *are* a news source and if your upset at how trump treats CNN and liberal media, great. i hate it too. NO PRESIDENT SHOULD BE JACKING WITH THE MEDIA. not fox, not cnn, not any of them. not their call to tell people what is "right" or "wrong" in this instance, so i hope you got some bad mojo for obama for AT LEAST calling out fox news so much.

now - how about this?

if you want to use politico - i'll start there.
James Risen: Obama hates the press

Spare me your hypocritical journalism lecture, Mr. President

Under Obama, a Chill on Press Freedom

Opinion | If Donald Trump Targets Journalists, Thank Obama

now sharyl attkisson:
Sharyl Attkisson: Obama Administration Treats Journalists Like ‘Enemies of the State’ - Tea Party News

fast n furious scandal:
Emails show Obama administration targeted CBS journalist Sharyl Attkisson | Daily Mail Online

so now - do you really want to cry out how trump treats the press when obama was horrible as well?

obama would beat the shit out of the press that said bad things about him and he went on to try and destroy attkisson for her work. do some homework on her aside from his slams and you'll see she's one of the last true journalists out there today and if you want someone who will do their homework and leave their emotions at the door to tell you the news, bookmark her site.

but don't sit there and go IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT TRUMPERS when it comes to shitty treatment of the press when i didn't want it last admin either but at least i see it for what it is on both sides - bullshit.

I think you know the answer to your question. No one in their right mind would ever believe trump or his goofy follower's believe in free speech except their own.
That's funny considering the fact that these days the left is the main threat to free speech in this country.

We know you don't believe in free speech, douchebag. The left has made war on free speech for the last few decades. The people who defended the thugs who beat up Trump fans at his rallies sure as hell have no business accusing anyone of not believing in free speech.

freedom of speech means you can say what you want, within reason usually. it does NOT say i have to agree, or even listen.

as far as unfavorable news about our president - if you're going to do this then you really need to look up sharyl attkisson. she broke fast n furious and it made obama furious, fast.

obama also struck out at fox news. now i don't care if you like them or not but they *are* a news source and if your upset at how trump treats CNN and liberal media, great. i hate it too. NO PRESIDENT SHOULD BE JACKING WITH THE MEDIA. not fox, not cnn, not any of them. not their call to tell people what is "right" or "wrong" in this instance, so i hope you got some bad mojo for obama for AT LEAST calling out fox news so much.

now - how about this?

now sharyl attkisson:
Sharyl Attkisson: Obama Administration Treats Journalists Like ‘Enemies of the State’ - Tea Party News

fast n furious scandal:
Emails show Obama administration targeted CBS journalist Sharyl Attkisson | Daily Mail Online

so now - do you really want to cry out how trump treats the press when obama was horrible as well?

obama would beat the shit out of the press that said bad things about him and he went on to try and destroy attkisson for her work. do some homework on her aside from his slams and you'll see she's one of the last true journalists out there today and if you want someone who will do their homework and leave their emotions at the door to tell you the news, bookmark her site.

but don't sit there and go IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT TRUMPERS when it comes to shitty treatment of the press when i didn't want it last admin either but at least i see it for what it is on both sides - bullshit.

This kinda goes along with what you're saying Iceberg>>>

Russia's campaign to help Trump win was just the start

It's more than just a right/left deal

We're literally under attack via social media

And hey, ISIS and Putin's boys are free to do so

The prob is, we've nothing but lying sacks of sh*t for public officials , who only subscribe to partisan politics

With the public in the crossfire, where does this all end?

~S~

now - how about this?

now sharyl attkisson:

fast n furious scandal:

This kinda goes along with what you're saying Iceberg>>>

Russia's campaign to help Trump win was just the start

It's more than just a right/left deal

We're literally under attack via social media

And hey, ISIS and Putin's boys are free to do so

The prob is, we've nothing but lying sacks of sh*t for public officials , who only subscribe to partisan politics

With the public in the crossfire, where does this all end?

~S~
the ONLY thing russia is doing is fucking with us.

they supported trump
they supported hillary
they trolled the hell out of us and pitted extreme groups against each other.
they posted whatever it took to get groups attacking each other and then sat back and laughed their russian asses off.

i gotta hand it to them. they have us all tied up in knots blaming ourselves for their bullshit.

they trolled us and didn't give a shit who won the election. only that we tear ourselves up in the process. as obama would say, getting mad at each other is what they want us to do.

and he's right this time.

*we the people* need to get over it and move on and stop letting them in our collective heads so easily.

Forum List

Back