Zone1 "Does anybody really love anyone at all"

If there was a deeper meaning in the tale of living in the big fish's belly then that point was lost on the flock completely, up until modern science interfered and enlightened a few of the brightest less than a hundred years ago.

The % of literal believing Christians in America today is 'still' alarmingly high!! Do you secretly want to be one of them?
If you google it, I'm sure you'll find it. But you aren't interested in that.

But maybe they've all abandoned their beliefs in a higher power, except for our one literal believing Christian who is the only one to maintain total faith in the bibles.

You've all become 'conditional' believers.

I think that you are constantly needing to 'lean' on something more than the natural world around you.
Says the exception to the rule.

If I have a need to lean on something, I would consider a seafood dinner with an atheist friend more helpful than pretending that somebody could live in a big fish's belly.

If I have a need to lean on something, I would consider a seafood dinner with an atheist friend more helpful than pretending that somebody could live in a big fish's belly.
That's because you have never attempted to discover the meaning even though it is only a few keystrokes away. In fact, I'm pretty I sent you a link to a most excellent discussion on it and it had nothing to do with what you said it was about.

Keep tilting at windmills, Donny Quixote.

How about this?

58% buy it literally but I think that's because the right question wasn't asked. Stigma would be attached to answering 'no'.
But we're still dealing with something close to half!

How about this?

58% buy it literally but I think that's because the right question wasn't asked. Stigma would be attached to answering 'no'.
But we're still dealing with something close to half!
How about it? It's a good thing people are reading it the way it was intended to be read. Your literal reading of it is idiotic. But that's how you were brought up to read it, right?

That's because you read them like a child.
The chicken story can be enhanced with details unlimited, while the fish story can't make it to the starting gate, no matter how hard I try to be agreeable with you.

I'm not trying to insult you and your beliefs. I'm just trying to make you own them.

The chicken story can be enhanced with details unlimited, while the fish story can't make it to the starting gate, no matter how hard I try to be agreeable with you.

I'm not trying to insult you and your beliefs. I'm just trying to make you own them.
Again, you are getting out what you put into it. Couldn't be happier for you to get the reward in life that you deserve with that level of attention to detail and analysis.

How about it? It's a good thing people are reading it the way it was intended to be read. Your literal reading of it is idiotic. But that's how you were brought up to read it, right?
The point is, people tended to read the big fish story as being the literal truth, up until a hundred years ago when that became impossible.

But still, better than half of America's Christians are still going with living in the big fish's belly!

Yes, the literal reading of the big fish story is idiotic, if not worse, but that's saying that half of America's Christians are idiotic.

I don't agree! The power of influencing young children with lies is as powerful as a baby duck's attachment to the wolf, it he's seen as it's mother.

Is the child's attachment to the lies less cruel or more cruel than the duckling's imprinting?

Again, you are getting out what you put into it. Couldn't be happier for you to get the reward in life that you deserve with that level of attention to detail and analysis.
Better than half of America's Christians are literal believers in their bibles.

Are you going to accept that or reject it?

Fwiw, I've offered a possible explanation on why the 58% figure could be inflated. For a Christian the question could be loaded.

I'm not trying to insult you, I'm just trying to convince you to own your beliefs.

Your attempts to insult me and atheism are just missing the point.

The point is, people tended to read the big fish story as being the literal truth, up until a hundred years ago when that became impossible.

But still, better than half of America's Christians are still going with living in the big fish's belly!

Yes, the literal reading of the big fish story is idiotic, if not worse, but that's saying that half of America's Christians are idiotic.

I don't agree! The power of influencing young children with lies is as powerful as a baby duck's attachment to the wolf, it he's seen as it's mother.

Is the child's attachment to the lies less cruel or more cruel than the duckling's imprinting?
Wait? You had a point? Because you are the one arguing they should be read literally and I am the one arguing they shouldn't.

Fwiw, I've offered a possible explanation on why the 58% figure could be inflated. For a Christian the question could be loaded.

I'm not trying to insult you, I'm just trying to convince you to own your beliefs.

Which mean half don't. And you choose to read it like the ones that do. That's brilliant.

So just to be clear, you recommend reading the Bible like the Westboro Baptist church does?

Wait? You had a point? Because you are the one arguing they should be read literally and I am the one arguing they shouldn't.
NO!
How could any sane person suggest that the stories such as the 'big fish' be read as literal??

I'm saying that something like half of Americans do, but I offer an explanation on why they can allow themselves to do so.

I think you should maybe take the accusation back.

NO!
How could any sane person suggest that the stories such as the 'big fish' be read as literal??

I'm saying that something like half of Americans do, but I offer an explanation on why they can allow themselves to do so.

I think you should maybe take the accusation back.
Because that's exactly what you have been doing. I even tried to get you to not read it that way and you argued about it.

You are just going to have to live with the consequences of your behaviors, Westboro Donny.

Because that's exactly what you have been doing. I even tried to get you to not read it that way and you argued about it.

You are just going to have to live with the consequences of your behaviors, Westboro Donny.
You're better than that Ding!

You're better than that Ding!
I am. That's why I am trying to get you to read the bible the right way and not the Westboro Baptist way like you have been doing. Be honest and admit your mistake, ask for forgiveness and then promise to try to do better in the future. That's really all anyone can ask.

Forum List

Back