Zone1 After a perusal of Martin Luther's 95 Thesis, I have learned...

you don't seem to fully grasp how evil certain sins are and how much DAMAGE they do to frail human beings. Jesus cannot fully restore a person to the pre-mortal-sin state unless that person is very, very INTO Jesus...

Luther? Yeh, right...

I would think that dividing the ONE Church would be a big sin with massive repercussions... arrogating to yourself your own "papacy" when Christ established ONE human head of the Church (St Peter and all the popes who followed him [legitimate popes, that is])
There is only one unforgivable sin.

”Truly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the children of man, and whatever blasphemies they utter, but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin” — for they were saying, ‘He has an unclean spirit.’” (Mark 3:28–30)

snip

So what does the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit really mean, and how does it apply to us today? In short, I suggest it’s a specific, active, and final choice to declare the person and work of Jesus as being demonic in origin. The specificity of this charge is clearest in the most detailed version of the event we have, retold by Matthew (12:22-37). There it’s clear that, after a contracted series of interactions with Jesus, the Pharisees have made a final, declarative decision that Jesus is not from God and must be killed (12:14 is the turning point of Matthew’s narrative on this score). As a result, they have no choice but to openly interpret Jesus’ good works of healing and teaching as Satanic in origin. Jesus, in a showing of his incredible wisdom, reveals the terrible inconsistency of their logic (12:25-29). Instead, he argues, these godly works come from God’s Spirit. Therefore, to call the Spirit’s work through Jesus demonic is the greatest, unforgivable sin (12:31-32).

That was not an overnight decision, Surada. It took some time and stupid institutional reactions to get him so riled up.

He must have been a barn burner. The Reformation would have happened eventually, but maybe slower without so much bloodshed. Who knows? 🤔

Forum List

Back