Zone1 "Does anybody really love anyone at all"

ok, this i get

It coincides with what I've "always" thought

People are all a-holes who never really love anyone, but just use people for whatever they can get out of them When done with them, those unfortunates get tossed into the trash bin

something like that
Yes......so dare i ask......what's changed under the sun? ~S~

These are the words or a paraphrase thereof to a song I heard in the 80s or 90s.

But I found myself asking this Q a long time ago, maybe b4 the song came out, can't recall.

You see the high divorce rates, the acrimony during divorce proceedings, you see all the violence and then you look at the Christian communities, both C and P and you see all this selfishness, materialism.. not helping the poor much or at all

and you ask this Q (in OP)

People here at the forums, and this is what prompted my Q here, don't even listen to one another. They think they know it all already, and boy, don't be part of a Church (or "church") that doesn't believe EXACTLY as that person does! OMG! Total deafness ensues!

Now I know people here will pounce on that and say that I am one of the worst offenders. But no, I am objectively NOT. And also there is this pesky little truth: I do indeed belong to the Church Christ established. I can provide much evidence to support that contention, and yet... again, few listen to me or anyone else. And then there is also this: While I may not listen to what someone says when/if I perceive it is WRONG, I do listen to sincerely held assertions and commentary when I perceive I am dealing with a person of good will. If i think that the person in question is being deceptive in any way... yes, I ditch that person until he or she asks a valid question or appears to be seeking knowledge/truth.
If you have a hard time loving your neighbors at least don't harm them like the filthy Evangelicals do to gays

If you have a hard time loving your neighbors at least don't harm them like the filthy Evangelicals do to gays
yeh, those poor things, always getting murdered by the crazy evangelicals!

who doesn't cry for them?

Racism has nothing to do with much of anything

We are in a total societal breakdown/train wreck due to one thing

SIN

no one fears God anymore. But God is not mocked. Whatever one sows, one will reap

eventually, sinners reap all that they sow
Honestly - one needs a God or believe in a God to love or respect others???

It is foremost religion - perverted by "believers" and power-greedy scum (e.g. politicians), that causes endless misery and destruction in this world. Thus leading to a total societal breakdown, especially in those "Sand-Religion" countries.

MORALS aren't defined by some God or religion - but by the respective society and it's educational efforts towards moral, supposedly to be ensured via laws. As such a lawless country, and/or people defying the law, e.g. Trump - provide for and cause a societal 'breakdown".

ok, I understood maybe 30% of that
Hermeneutics is the blend of art (literary, interpretation, and translation) and sciences (anthropology, history, topography, geology and environmental) to form the complete understanding of what was written.
We don't go beyond what was written nor do we use scissors to cut away(usually by ignoring) what was written)

So by blending the arts and sciences together we get a complete understanding. (Despite the charts provided by others)

Christians aren't interested in any answers. They have live the lies completely on superstitious beliefs.
Why search for new answers when the commandments (and the Proverbs) work just fine.

"If it works, don't fix it."

Last edited:
I'll try

"love thy neighbor" is a commandment

relatively simple......

yet so misused and underapplied in these time

~S~
True. Many interpret that to mean you must like your neighbor as well, which is not what the commandment is about.

Hermeneutics is the blend of art (literary, interpretation, and translation) and sciences (anthropology, history, topography, geology and environmental) to form the complete understanding of what was written.
We don't go beyond what was written nor do we use scissors to cut away(usually by ignoring) what was written)

So by blending the arts and sciences together we get a complete understanding. (Despite the charts provided by others)
And we're often quite alone in our complete understanding. :(

And we're often quite alone in our complete understanding. :(
Because many people rely upon "teachers" to help them understand. Not understanding that many of these "teachers" themselves are in need of teaching despite the pretty way they deliver a sermon and the millions who watch them on television.
So people parrot these teachers or a blend of various ones. (It's amazing how a gaff can create a whole theology system)

And then there's the ones who use a unique blend of art and science...using literal interpretation instead of figurative or figurative instead of literal.

The many denominations which exist today were to be expected. Judaism had many sects...Christianity even moreso as it has had many more adherents.

Because many people rely upon "teachers" to help them understand. Not understanding that many of these "teachers" themselves are in need of teaching despite the pretty way they deliver a sermon and the millions who watch them on television.
So people parrot these teachers or a blend of various ones. (It's amazing how a gaff can create a whole theology system)

And then there's the ones who use a unique blend of art and science...using literal interpretation instead of figurative or figurative instead of literal.

The many denominations which exist today were to be expected. Judaism had many sects...Christianity even moreso as it has had many more adherents.
Understanding scripture is or should be a life-long pursuit. Experience and observation are necessary as well. Some truths will likely never enter general knowledge. However, the knowledge that is necessary is well known. One doesn't have to be a bible scholar to be a good Christian. Most denominations preach the fundamental truths.

Understanding scripture is or should be a life-long pursuit. Experience and observation are necessary as well. Some truths will likely never enter general knowledge. However, the knowledge that is necessary is well known. One doesn't have to be a bible scholar to be a good Christian. Most denominations preach the fundamental truths.
Yes they do.

But many fear men more than they fear God.
(Which caused a long discussion between my wife and I as we fear God more than men...it's a bit unnatural)

Why search for new answers when the commandments (and the Proverbs) work just fine.

"If it works, don't fix it."
I think that when the Catholic church accepted Darwinian evolution, that would qualify as new answers.

However, Ding maintains that thy believed in evolution all the time!

I think that when the Catholic church accepted Darwinian evolution, that would qualify as new answers.

However, Ding maintains that thy believed in evolution all the time!
I'm sure that many Catholics still believe in special creation.

Forum List

Back