• Atheist

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Theist

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Other

Votes: 10 27.8%

• Total voters
It's called bigotry.
We're not supposed to exhibit it towards non-Christian religions, but every non-Christian person on the face of the earth thinks they're entitled to belittle and attack Christians, and think no insult or sacrilege is too strong.

But it's what Christians are told in the Bible to expect, and it's part and parcel. God expects us to be different from others, and tells us to expect slights, slurs, attacks because we are different.

Which God do you believe tortures people? and where did you come up with this conclusion? Have you been tortured or witnessed such torture? This is really interesting and a different viewpoint I havent heard from atheists.

MAYBE he's just read the old testement...

Care for some scriptures?

Yes. Jesus cherished women and women in the bible hold positions of importance and power. Anyone who says differently is either lying or just ignorant.

HA!

yea.. tell that to female preists and anyone scared to fucking death that Dan Brown might have given credence to a wife of jesus.

HILARIOUS.

oh, cherished enough to serve a husband like a servant, eh?

It's called bigotry.
We're not supposed to exhibit it towards non-Christian religions, but every non-Christian person on the face of the earth thinks they're entitled to belittle and attack Christians, and think no insult or sacrilege is too strong.

But it's what Christians are told in the Bible to expect, and it's part and parcel. God expects us to be different from others, and tells us to expect slights, slurs, attacks because we are different.

So you're okay with it then? Is that why you are also okay with those that are often flaming at gay people?

I just wanted to say that I don't undertand the hatred people have towards any religion. You may think it to be silly to believe in something you can't see, touch or smell, but is that really grounds to degrade anyone else for having beliefs. What if they are wrong? SO WHAT! All that most religions are trying to do is get humans to get a long and live peacefully. And if you do consider yourself a religious person isn't it contradiction when you get angry at another person for what they believe in? Just let it be. Be happy in your way of life, religious or not. If you are the type to put others down because of where their faith lies the maybe your not content with where you are in your own life. Not trying to sound like Mr. Rogers or anything but we are all in this thing together. Life is far too short to go on hating people over petty prejudices. :confused:

uh, yea.. history sure does bare that out. Why don't you give that same lecture to a public science class in Kansas that had to trade in the SCIENCE for the bullshit dogma?

It's called bigotry.

it's not "because you are different", baba. MIDGETS are different yet we don't see them insisting that everyone conform to their dogma junky opinon about every little thing that they think their midget bible has a passage on.

truly, you ARE the martyr.

:cuckoo:

It's called bigotry.

I understand what you mean but im not only speaking of christians when i say relious people. Muslim, Jewish etc.. everyone is mad at everyone I don't understand it. Christians hate muslims and jews, jews hate muslims and christians and so on and so forth. Its all a bit silly to me. I live in the deep south so i see a lot of bible belt fire and brimstone christians acting all high and mighty all the time; too arrogant to realize the muslims they hate so terribly bad actually worship the same deity and believe they descended from Abraham the same as the jews and christians. Im not saying you are that way at all or that you are wrong for being christians im just adding to the fact that I don't get why all humans flaunt such blatant hatred. It's so much easier when you learn to accept everyones differences.

um, can you name a religion that is notoriously quick to accept differences?

especially of the abrahamic variety?

Budhists are very peaceful and friendly people so is the hindu family that lives down the road from me. As far as Abrhamic, Greek Orthodox folks are very loving and giving.

One of the things I wonder about is how come the dictates of the primary religion in a society or a culture or sub-culture always seem to support those in positions of privilege. If I didn't know better I'd suspect there was a bit of skullduggery there.

I must tell you that you are wrong. Christens do not hate anyone, as we are told to love thy enemy just as we love ourselves. If you have an understanding that we christens are of hate and deliver hate, you are wrong and I would ask you to read the bible for the facts, not listen to someone who would tell you such nonsense.

I know what I'm saying, I don't need forgiveness for it, and I certainly am not interested in the forgiveness of the bloodthirsty and sadistic god of eternal torture and human suffering.

If your Jesus, and your God are both the same being who would put someone in the pit of hell to suffer unimagiable agony for eternity, for not belieiving in Him, then your Jesus is without exception a vain, sadistic, bloodthirsty prick.

My Jesus would not do this, and may very well forgive your Jesus.

Really? Eternal torture is not the least bit sadistic? Seeking unwavering worship and punishing someone for not believing in you is in no way vanity? Open a dictionary son.

I am evidence of my existence, not your god's.

Petitio principii. It is invalid to presume the act of "creation" to establish the premise for a "creator."

I don't know, but I'm sure that the answer is not someone's invisible white father who lives in the sky.

I don't know, but I'm sure that if a vain, sadistic, bloodthirsty prick is the answer, I'm not morally obligated to worship him.

I don't know. And I don't know. But if the point of it all was to worship some vain, sadistic, bloodthirsty prick or suffer eternal torture, then this creator has created an enemy.

I can prove Benjamin Franklin walked the earth: I'm not about to deify him for it. I'm walking the earth right now Jimmy28031, why not deify me?

What of it? Nostradamus, and Miss Cleo demonstrated that this parlor trick is no evidence for anything but the gullibility of retards.

The rabbit does not chew it cud; the Bible says it does, and I can prove it doesn't. There's one thing.

The Bible say all the kingdoms of Earth can be seen from the tallest mountain--I can prove they can't. There's another.

Meaningless. You can apply the same proofs to any work of historical fiction to establish validity--proving the existence of the Dead Sea, Herod, or Jesus in the Bible does not prove the existence of your god.

But here's what is meaningful: You can't prove that the events describing miracles, and the instances where God spoke directly to human beings ever happened.

There is nothing that objectively or imperically sets your mythology apart from other mythologies, such that yours is valid and the others are not

This is not proof.

Why would I be screaming? Would it be because of the vain and sadistic will of your god?

Thanks for the advice. Allow me to return the favor; Don't take any wooden nickels.

You should consider the possibilty that if you have devoted your existence to the veneration and worship of the torture and murder of Jesus, that you have already accepted this "mark" of yours.

You might consider the possibility that washing yourself in the blood of human suffering makes neccessary the mercy of a loving God; it only tests the capacity of Jesus's forgiveness--it doesn't guarantee it.

I roundly reject your blood-thirsty and sadistic religion of human sacrifice. I am an enemy to your tyrannical god of torture and human suffering, and as promised, I'll say "NO THANK YOU" to this offer to expunge my sins in the blood of an innocent, nor shall I place upon him the burdens of sins he has not committed.

I refuse to make a sacrificial animal of any human being to your vain, sadistic, bloodthirsty...your evil god -- particularly Jesus.

How about them apples?
OK, I did my job. I tried to tell you of the loving God and you just call him names. You have an understanding that hate and cruelness is what my God is about, but who you are in fact describing is satin. That is one trick of his to blame cruel things that have or will happen on Jesus, when if fact is was satin all along. I will not try to force God upon you, that is not my job to do. However I will pray that God will open your heart and show you where you are wrong in what you say. I pray that you will know the love that can only come from Jesus Christ. It is a love unlike any other. May God bless you and protect you, and forgive you.

OK, I did my job. I tried to tell you of the loving God and you just call him names.

This never happend. You tried to tell me about the god of human suffering that sends people into eternal torment for rejecting him.

You have an understanding that hate and cruelness is what my God is about, but who you are in fact describing is satin.

You clearly grasp then that I understand who I'm talking about; I certainly am describing Satan...so are you--he is obviously your God.

That is one trick of his to blame cruel things that have or will happen on Jesus, when if fact is was satin all along.

That's exacly right, Satan would certainly toss people into a firey pit to suffer eternally for failing to believe in him--this, you plainly adimitted is what YOUR God does.

I will not try to force God upon you, that is not my job to do. However I will pray that God will open your heart and show you where you are wrong in what you say.

I am surely right in what I say--and you are right to not force your god upon me...and wise.

I pray that you will know the love that can only come from Jesus Christ. It is a love unlike any other. May God bless you and protect you, and forgive you.

Don't bother; your god of misery is my enemy, and Jesus is all right with me.

You know, I'm a believer... but having religious extremists think they're the only ones who have a moral center is a huge turn off. It's almost enough to make me atheist because I can' imagine any G-d who "thinks" like they think he does. :cuckoo:

All that most religions are trying to do is get humans to get a long and live peacefully.

Yeah, right.

That's all every control freak organization is trying to do, too.

Now, I'm some sort of nominal Christian. One who does not believe in eternal damnation, one who is highly dubious of the pablum written about God in the Bible, too.

But to pretend that religion is some sort of benign philosophy which doesn't have a record of horrors foisted upon humankind while it was "trying to do is get humans to get a long and live peacefully" is historic revisionism of the worst kind.

I do get tired of Origin of the Species thumping atheists hammering Christians constantly, too, of course.

Their conviction in the nonexistence of God is no less-faith based than the rantings of Elmer Gantry, but hey...let's not pretend that religion has ALWAYS been that sweet benign philosophical approach to life you're pretending it is, either.

Religion is a tool that can be and is often used for power and control by unscrupupulous hypocrits.

Last edited:
This never happend. You tried to tell me about the god of human suffering that sends people into eternal torment for rejecting him.

You clearly grasp then that I understand who I'm talking about; I certainly am describing Satan...so are you--he is obviously your God.

That's exacly right, Satan would certainly toss people into a firey pit to suffer eternally for failing to believe in him--this, you plainly adimitted is what YOUR God does.

I am surely right in what I say--and you are right to not force your god upon me...and wise.

Don't bother; your god of misery is my enemy, and Jesus is all right with me.
I am glad to see that Jesus is ok with you. So do you agree that Jesus is God? What is that you belive? I guess I should have asked that first.

What is the point of a God who is not righteous, who does not have the desire to judge, who does not discern between his people and those who reject him, and why is this a "turn off" to so many? If one doesn't believe, why does one care what the beliefs of others are? Essentially people who have a "problem" with people believing a certain way have a "problem" with people because they believe differently.

I don't have a "problem" with unsaved people. I have a "problem" with people who criticize me because I believe the unsaved will end in hell.

Forum List

Back