Define the God you believe in, if you do believe in one (or more) -

Spectrum of theistic probability

Interesting. Who knew? I'm more of an atheist than Dawkins. God is clearly human's most common expression for latent yearning. A stuffed animal placeholder for all that has yet to be provided or explained to individual satisfaction. Eternally celebrated childishness in a nutshell.

nteresting. Who knew? I'm more of an atheist than Dawkins. God is clearly human's most common expression for latent yearning. A stuffed animal placeholder for all that has yet to be provided or explained to individual satisfaction. Eternally celebrated childishness in a nutshell.
Yet through all times, places, and cultures we have people relating encounters with God. Sounds like much more than yearning. We can connect with God.

nteresting. Who knew? I'm more of an atheist than Dawkins. God is clearly human's most common expression for latent yearning. A stuffed animal placeholder for all that has yet to be provided or explained to individual satisfaction. Eternally celebrated childishness in a nutshell.
Yet through all times, places, and cultures we have people relating encounters with God. Sounds like much more than yearning. We can connect with God.
We can explain that it many ways, of course 1 being that its TRUE...but since its not the only explanation...I find it lacking as concrete evidence of something.

We can explain that it many ways, of course 1 being that its TRUE...but since its not the only explanation...I find it lacking as concrete evidence of something.
Do you think there is any chance that the universe has multi-dimensions or is multiverse?

Do you think there is any chance that the universe has multi-dimensions or is multiverse?
Yes, I think the options are quite limitless in my "I have no idea" phase, lol...which is my current prognosis.

Yes, I think the options are quite limitless in my "I have no idea" phase, lol...which is my current prognosis.
Might one such dimension be a spiritual dimension, one that does not contain matter?

"I have no idea" is the best answer to every question. Beats "I don't know" because that makes one sound ignorant which is considered bad.

Might one such dimension be a spiritual dimension, one that does not contain matter?
Might being a key word, sure. Spirit isnt something I find good reason to believe in though ~ much like Deities.

I think "the universe" describes everything by definition and already has multi-dimensions (length, breadth, height). "Multiverse" is just the sexy new term people use for universe, not wanting to be seen as stodgy or easily amused.

How could one think that an essentially undefinable "Being" could be contained in human, limited expression?
It’s done all the time. The gods are always slathered with human attributes because humans have invented the gods.
It’s done all the time. The gods are always slathered with human attributes because humans have invented the gods.

those are primarily scriptural deities that are more a statement for their particular congregations narrow objectives and self preservation than a broad consensus beneficial and inclusive to all humanity.

humans have not invented the metaphysical forces that evolved life and are the true subject matter for religious endeavors that does not exclude scientific research.

How could one think that an essentially undefinable "Being" could be contained in human, limited expression?

those are primarily scriptural deities that are more a statement for their particular congregations narrow objectives and self preservation than a broad consensus beneficial and inclusive to all humanity.

humans have not invented the metaphysical forces that evolved life and are the true subject matter for religious endeavors that does not exclude scientific research.
Scriptural deities are essentially what I was describing. The Egyptian and especially the Greek gods from which christianity evolved were often humans with superhuman powers.

life contains both, inseparably at present.

the combination of matter and spiritual is how life evolved on planet Earth - metaphysically. physiology is a metaphysical substance (matter) that disappears when its spiritual content is removed as proof of the relationship used in creating life from earlier forms using the periodic table.

eventually it may be possible to create life without physiology.

Scriptural deities are essentially what I was describing. The Egyptian and especially the Greek gods from which christianity evolved were often humans with superhuman powers.

spiritualism from antiquity is perhaps the greatest casualty of scriptural religions that attempt to supersede the dynamic interactions of forces in the universe to a least common denominator for their own personal benefit and attempt to control humanity by their own means rather than the true means for our existence.

I think "the universe" describes everything by definition and already has multi-dimensions (length, breadth, height). "Multiverse" is just the sexy new term people use for universe, not wanting to be seen as stodgy or easily amused.
No, multi-verse is simply the idea that there is more to the universe than what we humans are capable of knowing through the five senses we have.

Might being a key word, sure. Spirit isnt something I find good reason to believe in though ~ much like Deities.
I understand. To many, ancient stories are hardly convincing. For that matter, "the brain playing tricks" make some modern accounts unconvincing as well. If multiverse could be shown, would that open up to you the possibility of a spiritual dimension, or would non-believers be closed to considering that possibility as well?

spiritualism from antiquity is perhaps the greatest casualty of scriptural religions that attempt to supersede the dynamic interactions of forces in the universe to a least common denominator for their own personal benefit and attempt to control humanity by their own means rather than the true means for our existence.
It may be that I just don't understand the term "spiritual existence" or "spiritual realms". I think you can see I'm being facetious, but spiritual realms suggests an image of bright orbs floating among the clouds.

Other than this material existence, I just have no indications of other readon't

I understand. To many, ancient stories are hardly convincing. For that matter, "the brain playing tricks" make some modern accounts unconvincing as well. If multiverse could be shown, would that open up to you the possibility of a spiritual dimension, or would non-believers be closed to considering that possibility as well?
I'm open to any and all possibilities ~ but Positing theories isn't anything more than like a step 1.

I know that humans, in massive number, have gotten things wrong. The maya made human sacrifices to appease Gods they thought were controlling the weather. Stuff like that has been around for ages, and to me...the desert religions are just as naive and even sort of "cop to it" in the way they "re-interpret" scriptures and such every time some incongruity, contradictions or morally barbaric things are brought to light through a more enlightened (modern)secular lens.

Theres even direct science the bible has gotten wrong...and its just chipped away at, it all becomes allegorical and in effect, in the end what youre left with is the Thesis in General is probably fictional as well.

Last edited:
No, multi-verse is simply the idea that there is more to the universe than what we humans are capable of knowing through the five senses we have.
I see that as implied by "the universe." You demand "more."

That is an interesting point. This sense of something beyond ourselves is found in all human culture. The problem is, that the god people connect with in this place is not the god people connect with just down the road. And this variation in gods seem to be determined by the ability to communicate. So just as governments have tended to consolidate as communications improved (I'm talking about speed of travel as well as other means) so have religions. This would lead me to conclude that if some connection is being made, it isn't actually what people think it is.

So let me toss out a hypothesis. The universe was neither created nor a happenstance. It was born. The singularity was an egg and the universe is alive. This connectivity is the connection between all life. Of course, this means that to such a being a galaxy would be like a skin cell and it would be as aware of us, and care about us, the same way we would be aware or care about a single atom of oxygen in our blood.

Or not.

Forum List

Back