• Atheist

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Theist

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Other

Votes: 10 27.8%

• Total voters
What a moronic statement.
Considering the source; taken as a compliment.

OK, I will quit playing with words with you now.
If you were playing, you have no game.

I will just say that who ever you are out there, I will pray for you.
Please don't.

There is no need for your reply, unless it is something good,...
There isn't a need for me to reply even if it's good.

Because I already know what you are going to say based on your past reply.
Then I have made myself clear--good.

What a moronic statement.
He plays with words and I played with his words for a post or two,...
You clearly ignored my words... nicely "played."

...but his saying these things about Jesus Christ...
Clarification: YOUR Jesus.

...only shows where he needs our prayers the most.
I do not need your prayers at all.

May God help and forgive him.
I neither need nor want YOUR God's forgiveness.

May God forgive you.

Considering the source; taken as a compliment.

If you were playing, you have no game.

Please don't.

There isn't a need for me to reply even if it's good.

Then I have made myself clear--good.

You clearly ignored my words... nicely "played."

Clarification: YOUR Jesus.

I do not need your prayers at all.

I neither need nor want YOUR God's forgiveness.

May God forgive you.
My Jesus Christ is the only Jesus Christ there is. It is so sad that Christianity is the only religion where people can talk junk about our God without the country being up in arms over it. If you were to say the same things about Muslims or Buddhist there would be such an out cry from everyone, but you can say what you do about Jesus, and God, and there is no out cry about it. What you say about Jesus Christ (and don’t say that you are talking about MY Jesus, because there is only one!!) is absurd, and you should show the same respect towards christens as you would any other religion. There is only one Jesus Christ, and to say otherwise is absurd and blasphemies! If you do believe in Jesus, but not what he taught us, then you should really look at who you are believing in. You can not take what you want and forget about the rest of what the bible teaches just because you may not agree with what it says. You are either a believer, or not! There is no middle. So please stop with your absurd speeches about what you know nothing about. But I do encourage you to learn if you want to continue to preach about Jesus Christ. You should really know the God you talk about well before you start preaching about him, because when you just throw words out there to describe God, you should know if what you are saying is true or not. And I am telling you what you are saying is completely untrue. My God forgive you.

My Jesus Christ is the only Jesus Christ there is. It is so sad that Christianity is the only religion where people can talk junk about our God without the country being up in arms over it. If you were to say the same things about Muslims or Buddhist there would be such an out cry from everyone, but you can say what you do about Jesus, and God, and there is no out cry about it. What you say about Jesus Christ (and don’t say that you are talking about MY Jesus, because there is only one!!) is absurd, and you should show the same respect towards christens as you would any other religion. There is only one Jesus Christ, and to say otherwise is absurd and blasphemies! If you do believe in Jesus, but not what he taught us, then you should really look at who you are believing in. You can not take what you want and forget about the rest of what the bible teaches just because you may not agree with what it says. You are either a believer, or not! There is no middle. So please stop with your absurd speeches about what you know nothing about. But I do encourage you to learn if you want to continue to preach about Jesus Christ. You should really know the God you talk about well before you start preaching about him, because when you just throw words out there to describe God, you should know if what you are saying is true or not. And I am telling you what you are saying is completely untrue. My God forgive you.

Jimmy, has anyone ever told you that saying stuff like, "my god forgive you" is kind of a snotty thing to say?

Jimmy, has anyone ever told you that saying stuff like, "my god forgive you" is kind of a snotty thing to say?
No, you would be the first. I cant see how you would be right in saying that however. I am hoping that God would forgive him for the things he has said. He has said some very bad things that he should not be saying. If it is snotty for me to say that, Then I am sorry. But if he has know respect for the other peoples religion on here, Then may God forgive him. I think it is snotty of him to say what he says about my God Jesus Christ. If he does not believe in God, then ok, but do not disrespect the others here by calling God names. Especially the names he has been saying. Thank you for trying to look out for me, but how could saying that be snotty? Just wondering.

My Jesus Christ is the only Jesus Christ there is.
That's exactly what a believer in the anti-Christ would demand me to accept.

It is so sad that Christianity is the only religion where people can talk junk about our God without the country being up in arms over it.
Nonsense. Just look in the mirror.

If you were to say the same things about Muslims or Buddhist there would be such an out cry from everyone, but you can say what you do about Jesus, and God, and there is no out cry about it.
Sitting in the middle of the chorus of criers has clearly deafened you.

What you say about Jesus Christ (and don’t say that you are talking about MY Jesus, because there is only one!!) is absurd, and you should show the same respect towards christens as you would any other religion.
What is it that I say about YOUR Jesus that is so absurd? Go on; point one thing out that I have said about your Jesus that is inconsistent with what your hateful description of what YOUR Jesus is all about.

There is only one Jesus Christ, and to say otherwise is absurd and blasphemies!
It is why I am careful to keep YOUR Jesus as "YOUR Jesus." I'd appreciate it if you'd keep YOUR Jesus to yourself.

If you do believe in Jesus, but not what he taught us, then you should really look at who you are believing in.
If you believe in obvious lies taught by Satan, yet attributed to Jesus, then YOU should really look into who YOU are believing in.

You can not take what you want and forget about the rest of what the bible teaches just because you may not agree with what it says.
The Bible is the words of men, inspired by God, when it is inconsistent with the Word of God manifest in His creation, I choose to believe the Word of God rather the words of men.

You are either a believer, or not!
You are a sucker for the lies of the anti-Christ or you are not.

There is no middle.
There's plenty of middle--you're demonstrating it.

So please stop with your absurd speeches about what you know nothing about.
What are you talking about? Exactly, what are you talking about?

But I do encourage you to learn if you want to continue to preach about Jesus Christ. You should really know the God you talk about well before you start preaching about him, because when you just throw words out there to describe God, you should know if what you are saying is true or not.
God's Word is my guide. I learn about God through His Word. I cannot rely upon the words of men, even if inspired by God, because men are fallible and corruptable.

And I am telling you what you are saying is completely untrue. My God forgive you.
Prove one thing, just one thing, that I've said about YOUR Jesus that is untrue.

No, you would be the first. I cant see how you would be right in saying that however. I am hoping that God would forgive him for the things he has said.
I do not need, not want the forgiveness of YOUR God.

He has said some very bad things that he should not be saying.
Nonsense. I have stated nothing but the patentently obvious regarding the nature of YOUR God.

If it is snotty for me to say that, Then I am sorry.
Don't be sorry Jimmy, unless you're being sorry about the suffering you validate by faith in YOUR Jesus.

But if he has know respect for the other peoples religion on here, Then may God forgive him.
First, I do not need or want YOUR God's forgiveness; secondly, I'm not disrespecting your religion at all--You, however, are disrespecting the peaceful, loving religion of Christ that real Christians hold dear when you insist that He would hate any of us for not believing in Him, so much that he'd subject a non-beleiver to eternal torture. That, is disrespect.

I think it is snotty of him to say what he says about my God Jesus Christ.
I've said nothing snotty about Jesus Christ--I haven't been snotty about YOUR Jesus either. I've just been honest. You should give it a try--start with being honest with yourself.

If he does not believe in God, then ok, but do not disrespect the others here by calling God names.
That's false witness Jimmy; FYI.

Especially the names he has been saying.
What names? What names exactly? Quote and link please.

Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks."--Psalm 137:9

The Psalmist is in exile and had probably witnessed the atrocities committed against his people, babies included. In the revenge-style that was common at the time, he wishes the same upon his enemy. Nowhere does it say that God approves of the Psalmist’s request or that he fulfilled it. Just because it is recorded that the Psalmist wrote about this "wish" or curse, doesn’t mean it was approved by God.
The same God that personally murders babies certainly approves His good work done by His faithful minions.

Unless you are a Christian and have a relationship with God, it's hard to understand His ways.
This is obvious nonsense.

In fact, if there's any truth to this... that truth is in the exact opposite of the assertion: Christians are least likely to understand God's ways... the just obey.

Even Christian's don't understand all of His ways - some of them will remain a mystery until we pass from this life to the next.
The same thing can be said of hotdogs. I can't wait for you to make a point.

That being said, here is one viewpoint/explanation -
Source: Why would God order the destruction of men, women, and children?

God lawfully has the right to execute judgment upon anyone.
Nonsense. God has no legal right what-so-ever--NONE!--to execute any judgement upon anyone. Not one single person. Not ever.

How about them apples?

The Bible says...
Let's just stop here for a second. "The Bible says" a lot of stuff, and a lot of that stuff is entirely nonsense.

The Bible says that all people have sinned against God and are under his righteous judgment.
Your God's judgment is not "righteous", and decent folks are morally obligated to sin against an evil god.

Therefore, their execution is not an arbitrary killing nor is it murder.
Your God certainly inspired murder, contracted for murder, and personally committed murder. And He celebrates it as "righteous." All of which is documented by your own "authoritative" source.

Murder is the unlawful taking of life.
Correct. Your God is plainly guilty of this crime.

Killing is the lawful taking of life.
Which is what murdering infants most certainly is not.

For example, we can lawfully take a life in defense of our selves, our families, our nations, etc.
None of which your God ever did... and even if He were inclined to defend Himself, His family, or His nation, He wouldn't have to kill ANYONE--certainly not infants--to accomplish such a task. Right?

When God authorizes the nation of Israel to wipe out a people, it is a lawful execution due to their rebellion and sin against God.
No. It's "lawful" by only the most perverse of technicalities. It's not lawful at all to the people being murdered.

The atrocities committed by the Nazis was the exact same kind of "lawful."

Furthermore, such an extermination can be seen to be merciful by delivering the young into the hands of the Lord and possibly saving their souls by not giving them time to become "utterly sinful".2
A perverse rationalization for genocide.

Additionally, further generations that would have arisen from the perverse culture, are likewise prevented from coming into existence and spreading their sin.
Another perverse rationalization for genocide.

Finally, one of the reasons that the Lord is so strong in the Old Testament and orders the killing of people is to ensure that the future messianic line would remain intact.
Yet another perverse rationalization for genocide.

Your God is, or is not, omnipotent?

The enemy, Satan, began his attempt to destroy God's people in the Garden of Eden,...
Nonsense. Never happened. Not even in the Bible.

...by also trying to corrupt the world...
This didn't happen either.

...(which led to Noah's Flood),...
Not this.

...by trying to destroy Israel with attacking armies,...
Well, who could blame Satan (if he were at all involved) for sending armies who were blinldy obeying the orders of a documented criminally violent psychopath.

...and by encouraging Israel to fall into idolatry by exposure to other cultures as well as intermarrying women from those cultures.
Racist, xenophobic rationalization for genocide.

The result of both the idolatry and the interbreeding would have been the failure of the prophecies that foretold of the coming Messiah which specified which family line the Messiah would come through.
More racist, xenophobic rationalization for genocide.

The Messiah, Jesus, would be the one who would die for the sins of the world and without that death there would be no atonement.
Well, that didn't happen either. Unless you're telling me Jesus is dead.

Without the atonement, all people would be lost.
Id really don't think I'm interesed in atoning for sins committed against a murdering psycopath.

So, God was ensuring the arrival of the Messiah via the destruction of the ungodly.
Great. You've just made my case.

I roundly reject your blood-thirsty and sadistic religion of human sacrifice. I am an enemy to your tyrannical "God" of torture and human suffering.

AND I SWEAR, if you offer me salvation through the blood of of the Lord, Jesus Christ(TM), I'll say "NO THANK YOU" to this offer to expunge my "sins" in the blood of an innocent--nor shall I place upon him the burdens of sins he has not committed. In other words, I refuse to make a sacrificial animal of any human being -- including Jesus.

Nope, I used to, then I educated myself.I still feel a kind of jealousy regarding faith.
Steven Colbert just made fun of Scott Walker. When he announced he was running it was because God told him to and God also told him to drop out of the race.

Does anybody believe a God is talking to Scott Walker?

:cool:
What are the "others", anyway?
Buddhists? Hindus? Wiccans?

images

& Pantheists

*****CHUCKLE*****

:cool:

Why does it have to be created? Perhaps it has always been.

That's sort of how I feel about the universe.

Not that I have any evidence that the universe has always existed or anything, but the "infinite regression" idea has always made sense to me. Under that model, every event gets to have a prior cause, and time gets to be a geometrically true line, extending indefinitely in both directions.

Maybe my mind has been corrupted by studying too much mathematics, though; pretty much every time I've heard the infinite regression idea, it's been presented as a paradox, evidence that the universe must have a beginning because you simply couldn't have an infinite chain of causes. It doesn't strike me as at all impossible, though, and in fact makes a sort of deep intuitive sense, a sense I don't get from any other creation theory.

images

*****SMILE*****

:)

Last edited:
Why does it have to be created? Perhaps it has always been. I don't know the answer. I am just intrigued by abstract ideas within the realm of possibility.

I've checked out the scientific theories as well as the religious ones. None provide a definitive answer and concrete evidence. One question always leads to another no matter what you choose to believe or disbelieve.

ok, fair enough.. then why must i explain to thumpers what happened BEFORE the big bang then? perhaps it had always been, yes?

images

Your mistake is assuming that anyone who believes in God is some sort of thumper.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Well and the whole women are property still in Islam might not suit you as well.

Islam allowed women to own property several centuries before it was allowed in Christian countries.

Christian and Jewish tradition can be just as oppressive towards women. All depends on what you read into your holy book.

upload_2015-9-22_23-44-23.jpeg

You're free to move to a Muslim dominated country and see how that works out for you.

*****SMILE*****

Many atheists were once believers but were let down or really hurt and blamed God.

Is this what people in general believe about atheists? I don't think atheists stop believing out of pique, rather they stop believing because there is no evidence, not even the slightest shred, that a god exists. It's really not much different than not believing in Santa.

images

I know God exists because I witness his/her/its existence every day.

*****HAPPY SMILE*****

It's called bigotry.
We're not supposed to exhibit it towards non-Christian religions, but every non-Christian person on the face of the earth thinks they're entitled to belittle and attack Christians, and think no insult or sacrilege is too strong.

But it's what Christians are told in the Bible to expect, and it's part and parcel. God expects us to be different from others, and tells us to expect slights, slurs, attacks because we are different.

I understand what you mean but im not only speaking of christians when i say relious people. Muslim, Jewish etc.. everyone is mad at everyone I don't understand it. Christians hate muslims and jews, jews hate muslims and christians and so on and so forth. Its all a bit silly to me. I live in the deep south so i see a lot of bible belt fire and brimstone christians acting all high and mighty all the time; too arrogant to realize the muslims they hate so terribly bad actually worship the same deity and believe they descended from Abraham the same as the jews and christians. Im not saying you are that way at all or that you are wrong for being christians im just adding to the fact that I don't get why all humans flaunt such blatant hatred. It's so much easier when you learn to accept everyones differences.

images

*****SMILE*****

I just do not understand you guys when you say things like that. Even if you do not believe, why would you make a statement like that? Why would you say that if there was a hell you would like to go there because it sounds like fun? Does burning forever amuse you? Or being around every child molester and killer sound like fun to you? Why would you say something like that? I have always wanted to ask when I hear someone say something like that, because with the question of it being real, brings the question of who would be there being real as well. So why would people want to go be with those people who were sent there? I really would like to know. Also, I hope I spelled every word correctly for you so you would get the point of the question and not my spelling.

The thing is Jimmy, no-one and I mean absolutely no-one has been to Heaven or Hell so don't you think it's about time you stopped talking about something neither you nor anyone else, living or dead has any verified first hand information or proof of?
Hypothetically speaking, if I have lived my life so badly that I deserve Hell as a punishment, I say, bring it on.Has it not occurred to you that people are capable of living a good life without believing in God?
When you question your faith, as all good theists will do at least once in their lives, I hope you reach a satisfactory conclusion.

images

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Forum List

Back