~25% of Americans do Not Believe in God

Shame.

-Geaux
------------

After signing an executive order earlier this month that seeks to relax restrictions on the political activities of tax-exempt churches, President Trump said the order was an important affirmation of the American identity. “We’re a nation of believers,” he said. Trump is right in one sense — 69 percent of Americans say a belief in God is an important part of being American — but he’s wrong demographically: Atheists constitute a culturally significant part of American society.

We’re not sure how significant, though. The number of atheists in the U.S. is still a matter of considerable debate. Recent surveys have found that only about one in 10 Americans report that they do not believe in God, and only about 3 percent identify as atheist. But a new study suggests that the true number of atheists could be much larger, perhaps even 10 times larger than previously estimated.

Way More Americans May Be Atheists Than We Thought
Why is it a shame?

This guy at lunch was telling me about how the Pope had interest in the fishing industry so in the 14th century or something like that, he made it fish friday. So the significance of the fish isn't religious it's economics. He's not a liberal by any means but he is an atheist. Let me tell you there are a lot more of us out there than people think. I believe 25% is accurate and 25% more can be converted. 25% can't be converted but are harmless and then the other 25% are made up of Bible Thumpers and ISIS.

Lust, Lies And Empire: The Fishy Tale Behind Eating Fish On Friday

tdy_mor_obamasatan_130318.vembedlarge456.jpg
Ah yes....a fictional tv mini-series. Very convincing.

Here's another convincing religious picture along the same lines: View attachment 128349

Sooooo.....you felt it imperative that that a post was needed to deny that Obama is actually Satan????????

Gads, you're a moron.
Actually, I was laughing at you and your premise.

Now you're trying to save face for such a stupid post.

Too late.
Ok....have to laugh at you again for the heavy dose of Ironic humor in you talking about other people and stupid posts. :lol:

You should simply drop it.....you looked like a dunce, and now you're bringing more attention to how stupid your post was.

Ah yes....a fictional tv mini-series. Very convincing.

Here's another convincing religious picture along the same lines: View attachment 128349

Sooooo.....you felt it imperative that that a post was needed to deny that Obama is actually Satan????????

Gads, you're a moron.
Actually, I was laughing at you and your premise.

Now you're trying to save face for such a stupid post.

Too late.
Ok....have to laugh at you again for the heavy dose of Ironic humor in you talking about other people and stupid posts. :lol:

You should simply drop it.....you looked like a dunce, and now you're bringing more attention to how stupid your post was.
Thank you for some more laughter. It's been a busy day and a good laugh every hour or so at your expense is greatly appreciated. :lol:

I believe in GOD
Always have and will
That's nice dear. Not our business.

Isn't that the classic thing someone close minded or brainwashed would say? Always have (even though that's not true. It had to be taught to her) and always will? So with no proof she believes. Got it.
Well, her belief is her business.......and continues to be so until she tries to force it onto us.

I believe in GOD
Always have and will
That's nice dear. Not our business.

Isn't that the classic thing someone close minded or brainwashed would say? Always have (even though that's not true. It had to be taught to her) and always will? So with no proof she believes. Got it.
Well, her belief is her business.......and continues to be so until she tries to force it onto us.
They don't like it that we won't let them force their religious beliefs on the rest of us. She wonders why Christianity is being attacked. It gets attacked every time it forgets it's place. That's not in the public square or school. We tolerate them at this point. Hardly a Christian nation.

The number of atheists is hard to nail down because that is the nice thing about being an atheist, you aren't preoccupied with what you don't believe in at all.

Religion however requires daily affirmation, as if if you skip a couple days your 'faith' will start waning. Which it does apparently. Interestingly 48% of Americans believe in ghosts. 20% say they have seen a ghost. However 43% of bigfoots or big-feet, if you will, claim they don't believe in ghosts and 57% of the reptilians say the claims of the bigfeet are not accurate and that their feet are too big. Which in mixed company always makes for a HUGE argument between the large-pedals and scaly-skins. Only if there is a Headsman from Klolob is the dispute settled without violence. The talking snake generally stays out of the melee and hangs near the fruit bowl.

In my opinion, I think true belief in Christ is about 20 percent. I didn’t read the study in the OP but I would say that the 55% between believe in God to varying degrees. Those who profess Christianity to be nice to mom and dad, those who think God controls some things but not others, and those who believe but are not convinced in the totality of God. On the flip side, if you were to poll the atheists (or agnostics), you may find the a large % of them would like to think there is something in charge.

SADLY, when they find out there is a God it will be too late for them.
We can also say that when they find out there is no god, it's too late for them too.

lol- read that again. If im wrong, ill be ok, if your wrong youll be in eternal pain.
Does that give you tinglies....believing that?

Not to worry. I'm not wrong. But once you figure that out, it'll be too late and won't matter to anyone.

The number of atheists is hard to nail down because that is the nice thing about being an atheist, you aren't preoccupied with what you don't believe in at all.

Religion however requires daily affirmation, as if if you skip a couple days your 'faith' will start waning. Which it does apparently. Interestingly 48% of Americans believe in ghosts. 20% say they have seen a ghost. However 43% of bigfoots or big-feet, if you will, claim they don't believe in ghosts and 57% of the reptilians say the claims of the bigfeet are not accurate and that their feet are too big. Which in mixed company always makes for a HUGE argument between the large-pedals and scaly-skins. Only if there is a Headsman from Klolob is the dispute settled without violence. The talking snake generally stays out of the melee and hangs near the fruit bowl.

In my opinion, I think true belief in Christ is about 20 percent. I didn’t read the study in the OP but I would say that the 55% between believe in God to varying degrees. Those who profess Christianity to be nice to mom and dad, those who think God controls some things but not others, and those who believe but are not convinced in the totality of God. On the flip side, if you were to poll the atheists (or agnostics), you may find the a large % of them would like to think there is something in charge.

Atheists are simply looking for the evidence. Show irrefutable evidence of a supernatural being and there won't be a need to 'believe', facts are facts.

As far as real Christians go I can say I've only met one person in my whole life that actually made an effort to live by what they say they believe re Christ. All the rest were just lazy people who liked to call themselves Christians because it made them feel good for being a dick to other people.

Atheists are simply looking for the evidence. Show irrefutable evidence of a supernatural being and there won't be a need to 'believe', facts are facts.

As far as real Christians go I can say I've only met one person in my whole life that actually made an effort to live by what they say they believe re Christ. All the rest were just lazy people who liked to call themselves Christians because it made them feel good for being a dick to other people.

Well, all I can speak for is myself. My own personal motto is "be a good person and leave the rest to God." Now what that means is that you try to be a good person because I think the Karmic forces in the world just vibrate in such a way to where if you put good out, it comes back to you. Someone is in need and you help them; and perhaps they help you when you need it (and you will need it). Is it God or is it Karma? Not sure. If there is a "master plan" God has a funny way of showing it with Newtown, worldwide poverty, how the elderly are treated by his "children"...

SADLY, when they find out there is a God it will be too late for them.
We can also say that when they find out there is no god, it's too late for them too.

lol- read that again. If im wrong, ill be ok, if your wrong youll be in eternal pain.

Humans believe in 4,000 gods currently on Earth. What if you are wrong about the other 3,999. It's a circular fallacious argument. You are an atheist regarding 1 less god than most atheists.

Religion has no place in school since it is the farthest thing from science there is.

This from the side whose “science” asserts that Bruce Jenner is a woman, and that transgenderism is anything other than mental and moral illness.

Science asserts that? I'd love to see an example of science asserting that Jenner is a woman.

Religion has no place in school since it is the farthest thing from science there is.

This from the side whose “science” asserts that Bruce Jenner is a woman, and that transgenderism is anything other than mental and moral illness.

Science asserts that? I'd love to see an example of science asserting that Jenner is a woman.

Note that I put “science” in quotes.

No, genuine science does not assert that. Genuine science solidly refutes it. Yet is accepted as fact by those on the left wrong, who like to lay claim to “science”, while, in fact, repudiating genuine science.

When a LIbEral speaks of “science”, he rarely means by that word what sane people understand that word to mean.

Note that I put “science” in quotes.

No, genuine science does not assert that. Genuine science solidly refutes it. Yet is accepted as fact by those on the left wrong, who like to lay claim to “science”, while, in fact, repudiating genuine science.

When a LIbEral speaks of “science”, he rarely means by that word what sane people understand that word to mean.
You must be retarded. Jenner is a woman because he's dressed like a woman. Scientifically he's a man with balls but a right wing retard wouldn't understand the difference. That's because you're stupid.

Shame.

-Geaux
------------

After signing an executive order earlier this month that seeks to relax restrictions on the political activities of tax-exempt churches, President Trump said the order was an important affirmation of the American identity. “We’re a nation of believers,” he said. Trump is right in one sense — 69 percent of Americans say a belief in God is an important part of being American — but he’s wrong demographically: Atheists constitute a culturally significant part of American society.

We’re not sure how significant, though. The number of atheists in the U.S. is still a matter of considerable debate. Recent surveys have found that only about one in 10 Americans report that they do not believe in God, and only about 3 percent identify as atheist. But a new study suggests that the true number of atheists could be much larger, perhaps even 10 times larger than previously estimated.

Way More Americans May Be Atheists Than We Thought
I always thought they were low balling the % of Americans who are atheist.

Forum List

Back