Define the God you believe in, if you do believe in one (or more) -

nteresting. Who knew? I'm more of an atheist than Dawkins. God is clearly human's most common expression for latent yearning. A stuffed animal placeholder for all that has yet to be provided or explained to individual satisfaction. Eternally celebrated childishness in a nutshell.
Yet through all times, places, and cultures we have people relating encounters with God. Sounds like much more than yearning. We can connect with God.

That is an interesting point. This sense of something beyond ourselves is found in all human culture. The problem is, that the god people connect with in this place is not the god people connect with just down the road. And this variation in gods seem to be determined by the ability to communicate. So just as governments have tended to consolidate as communications improved (I'm talking about speed of travel as well as other means) so have religions. This would lead me to conclude that if some connection is being made, it isn't actually what people think it is.

So let me toss out a hypothesis. The universe was neither created nor a happenstance. It was born. The singularity was an egg and the universe is alive. This connectivity is the connection between all life. Of course, this means that to such a being a galaxy would be like a skin cell and it would be as aware of us, and care about us, the same way we would be aware or care about a single atom of oxygen in our blood.

Or not.
That's a weird hypothesis...not sure why I'd believe it, or what questions it resolves...it merely kicks the can of overall existence down the road.

I'm open to any and all possibilities ~ but Positing theories isn't anything more than like a step 1.

I know that humans, in massive number, have gotten things wrong. The maya made human sacrifices to appease Gods they thought were controlling the weather. Stuff like that has been around for ages, and to me...the desert religions are just as naive and even sort of "cop to it" in the way they "re-interpret" scriptures and such every time some incongruity, contradictions or morally barbaric things are brought to light through a more enlightened (modern)secular lens.

Theres even direct science the bible has gotten wrong...and its just chipped away at, it all becomes allegorical and in effect, in the end what youre left with is the Thesis in General is probably fictional as well.
I am wondering what might inspire people to seek--and how long they might be willing to seek before they give up the search. Days, months, years, decades?

I'm open to any and all possibilities ~ but Positing theories isn't anything more than like a step 1.

I know that humans, in massive number, have gotten things wrong. The maya made human sacrifices to appease Gods they thought were controlling the weather. Stuff like that has been around for ages, and to me...the desert religions are just as naive and even sort of "cop to it" in the way they "re-interpret" scriptures and such every time some incongruity, contradictions or morally barbaric things are brought to light through a more enlightened (modern)secular lens.

Theres even direct science the bible has gotten wrong...and its just chipped away at, it all becomes allegorical and in effect, in the end what youre left with is the Thesis in General is probably fictional as well.
I am wondering what might inspire people to seek--and how long they might be willing to seek before they give up the search. Days, months, years, decades?
I wouldnt speak for anyone but me...but personally, Im addicted to knowledge.

nteresting. Who knew? I'm more of an atheist than Dawkins. God is clearly human's most common expression for latent yearning. A stuffed animal placeholder for all that has yet to be provided or explained to individual satisfaction. Eternally celebrated childishness in a nutshell.
Yet through all times, places, and cultures we have people relating encounters with God. Sounds like much more than yearning. We can connect with God.

That is an interesting point. This sense of something beyond ourselves is found in all human culture. The problem is, that the god people connect with in this place is not the god people connect with just down the road. And this variation in gods seem to be determined by the ability to communicate. So just as governments have tended to consolidate as communications improved (I'm talking about speed of travel as well as other means) so have religions. This would lead me to conclude that if some connection is being made, it isn't actually what people think it is.

So let me toss out a hypothesis. The universe was neither created nor a happenstance. It was born. The singularity was an egg and the universe is alive. This connectivity is the connection between all life. Of course, this means that to such a being a galaxy would be like a skin cell and it would be as aware of us, and care about us, the same way we would be aware or care about a single atom of oxygen in our blood.

Or not.
That's a weird hypothesis...not sure why I'd believe it, or what questions it resolves...it merely kicks the can of overall existence down the road.

I'm not sure why you would believe it either. It resolves no questions since it is an unsupported hypothesis. Of course, that covers every other hypothesis as well. It's as good as any.

I didn’t realize this was a popularity contest.
Is that how you ratiionalize being a twat on the internet? It works as one!
I don’t rationalize acting like an asshole when I act like one.

I own it.

Unfortunately for you, me proving you use the phrase sky daddy as an insult for no other reason than people believe differently than you isn’t one of those times.
I use it as an apt insult. You believe theres a conscious being that "experiences" things through you. An apt description of that from my personal purview is sky daddy, when I'm in "no-nonsense" mode...and "magical thinking" if Im being nice about it.

Its all faith based, lie based, or a mixture of both. Lying to one's self, or others....or...faith. Which is fine, its just not my level of discipline regarding "belief." I require more...and Im inquisitive.

That triggers you...also what triggers you is that I think you're an idiot that isnt even dime a dozen its like a nickel.

Who cares.
Apt? At least you’ve ended your charade.

I own it.

Unfortunately for you, me proving you use the phrase sky daddy as an insult for no other reason than people believe differently than you isn’t one of those times.
I use it as an apt insult. You believe theres a conscious being that "experiences" things through you. An apt description of that from my personal purview is sky daddy, when I'm in "no-nonsense" mode...and "magical thinking" if Im being nice about it.

Its all faith based, lie based, or a mixture of both. Lying to one's self, or others....or...faith. Which is fine, its just not my level of discipline regarding "belief." I require more...and Im inquisitive.

That triggers you...also what triggers you is that I think you're an idiot that isnt even dime a dozen its like a nickel.

Who cares.

Trollin' for gawd.

I own it.

Who cares.

Trollin' for gawd.
You misspelled truth.

Had anymore visions lately?

I own it.

Who cares.

Trollin' for gawd.
You misspelled truth.

Yeah. I giant dildo parted the heavens and told me Trump was the messiah.

I own it.

Who cares.

Trollin' for gawd.
You misspelled truth.

Yeah. I giant dildo parted the heavens and told me Trump was the messiah.
Anything else?

I wouldnt speak for anyone but me...but personally, Im addicted to knowledge.
Is knowledge what is most vital to you?
Depends on what you mean, vital in terms of what? I suppose I couldn't consider ANYTHING vital at all, without the knowledge which precludes any considerstions...or abilities "to consider."

Then again, air is vital for my life... whether I can consider it or not.

Or not.

I'm not sure why you would believe it either. It resolves no questions since it is an unsupported hypothesis. Of course, that covers every other hypothesis as well. It's as good as any.
They're not all as good as any when there's stronger evidence for some than others...but...mostly, I'd agree.

I own it.

Who cares.
Thats good, Ding.

have you an instance ever recorded of a 2nd witness to any of the above encounters other than the one person that claims the experience ... since the time of noah.

Don't forget ghosts and UFOs. And God too is so shy. None ever manage to provide more than hearsay evidence. Incredible!

Last edited:

Or not.

They're not all as good as any when there's stronger evidence for some than others...but...mostly, I'd agree.
You know "a singularity" implies departure from the norm. That's how Tesla thought about it in any case. Singularities are not so rare in reality. Any instantaneous change in current flow, say switching a 100W light on or off, creates a +/- pulse with largely undefined characteristics to this day. Lightning.

Forum List

Back