Define the God you believe in, if you do believe in one (or more) -

G.T.

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2009
This is just a repository for anyone who feels they've got an adequate definition of the "God" they believe in, for future reference.

Personally, I hold no belief in anything I'd personally categorize as a God...therefore, I am without definition...however, I'm interested in the Category of discussion and I'd love to see what your concept of your deity might be -

Feel free to drop your definition here!~​

Ever think about how your pets would describe you? The same can be expected with humans describing God. My experiences:

God is pure love.
He respects free will.
He has greater faith in us than we have in ourselves.

I would also venture to say that God is more shy than we are, and more humble.

Ever think about how your pets would describe you? The same can be expected with humans describing God. My experiences:

God is pure love.
He respects free will.

Thanks, Meri!

God is pure love.
He respects free will.

Thanks, Meri!
No problem. I should add some traditional descriptions. God is holy; God is our blessing.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT

God is pure love.
He respects free will.

Thanks, Meri!
No problem. I should add some traditional descriptions. God is holy; God is our blessing.
Yes, shsre more if youd like. Im interested in the different ones.

Consciousness without form.

Transcending energy and matter.

Love, truth, logic, intelligence, etc.

There no thing that can describe God because God is no thing. God is not matter and energy like us and God exists outside of our four dimension space time. In fact the premise is that God is no thing. That God is a spirit. A spirit is no thing. Being things we can't possibly relate to being no things. A two dimensional being would have an easier time trying to understand our third dimension than we - a four dimensional being - would in trying to understand a multi-dimensional being outside of our space time. The closest I can come to and later confirm with the physical laws is that God is consciousness. That Mind, rather than emerging as a late outgrowth in the evolution of life, has existed always as the matrix, the source and condition of physical reality - that the stuff of which physical reality is composed is mind-stuff. It is Mind that has composed a physical universe that breeds life, and so eventually evolves creatures that know and create.

I consider myself a 6.1 on Richard Dawkin's 7 point atheist scale. If I was given an envelope that contained 100% proof that God exists, this is how I would describe Him.

God would certainly be a male. He is likely an extremely creative being that is very busy conducting experiments and building new things with His omnipotent capabilities. If that type of God exists then His existence is irrelevant to mankind.

"Real science shows that the universe is a singularity and thus a creation. Creation is an entropic product of a higher consciousness echoed by human consciousness. This higher consciousness, which throughout human history we have found convenient to call G-d endows human creators with the space to originate surprising things" -- George Gilder, "Life after Google"

Works for me

I consider myself a 6.1 on Richard Dawkin's 7 point atheist scale. If I was given an envelope that contained 100% proof that God exists, this is how I would describe Him.

God would certainly be a male. He is likely an extremely creative being that is very busy conducting experiments and building new things with His omnipotent capabilities. If that type of God exists then His existence is irrelevant to mankind.
God would not have a gender.

Unlike darkness, cold and evil, females are extant.

Darkness, cold and evil do not exist as entities unto themselves. All are expressed as the absence of something else. Darkness is the absence of light; cold is the absence of heat and evil is the absence of good.

Female is not the absence of male. Female exists unto itself. So for God to create male and female, God would have to contain the nature of both.

Of course I could have just said it’s stupid to believe God is a male and have left it at that.

POS_15_Nicene_Creed_12x16__98798.1460380403.jpg

Jesus is Lord. He is the creator of our universe, Earth, and everything in it.

God is the greatest potential of what man can become. He is an exalted man. As our Heavenly Father, He is eternally sealed to your Mother in Heaven. His work and his glory is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of his children.

This is just a repository for anyone who feels they've got an adequate definition of the "God" they believe in, for future reference.

Personally, I hold no belief in anything I'd personally categorize as a God...therefore, I am without definition...however, I'm interested in the Category of discussion and I'd love to see what your concept of your deity might be -

Feel free to drop your definition here!~​

I couldn't do God justice with a definition. I just believe.

Personally, I hold no belief in anything I'd personally categorize as a God...therefore, I am without definition.
That’s not true.

You habitually refer to God as a sky daddy. So you do have a perception of God. A false one. One that requires zero intellectual capacity on your part.

Personally, I hold no belief in anything I'd personally categorize as a God...therefore, I am without definition.
That’s not true.

You habitually refer to God as a sky daddy. So you do have a perception of God. A false one. One that requires zero intellectual capacity on your part.
I refer to the person I'm addressing's God as sky daddy, it's not my conception, it's my reading of theirs. That's a distinction, ding - - one you have a really hard time with it seems like but I'm sure most adults understand it.

And you do believe in a sky daddy, you professed to jesus being with you and blahblahblah just yesterday. So, magic.

That’s not true.

I refer to the person I'm addressing's God as sky daddy, it's not my conception, it's my reading of theirs. That's a distinction, ding - - one you have a really hard time with it seems like but I'm sure most adults understand it.

And you do believe in a sky daddy, you professed to jesus being with you and blahblahblah just yesterday. So, magic.

Magic is delicious. I wish I believed.

Forum List

Back