Do the poor earn their income?

Some rich work very hard and risk a lot others inherit and do nothing, JKF for example.

Some poor work their butt off and other don't.

It is too broad a brush to use in this context.

The working poor risk total failure almost constantly.
Only a few paychecks or an illness away from losing everything.

The definition used for poverty level is a family of 4 living on wages of $22,314 a year...for a family of four...$22,314 ayear...for a family of four...get it?

Working families of four people making $22,314 a year or less.

Poverty rate rises as incomes decline - Census - Sep. 13, 2011

$22,314 a year for a family of four, do they earn their income...morons.

How much tax do you neo-cons think the poor should pay on that outrageous salary?

And what about the ones who don't work and earn their living....

How much income do they earn?

Isn't your answer in your question?

But again, how much of that $22,314 do you want the family of four to pay in taxes?

lets put it his way... how much tax do you think your 22,314 family think is fair to pay in taxes?

Asterism, it is off to the dungeon with you! Don't you realize that anyone in your position does not deserve the need for entertainment. How dare you try to eek out a little self satisfaction after being so distainfully unproductive.

I really can't believe some of the posts I read here.:cuckoo:

who are u to decide that ?

Ok, I must spell it out for those who cannot see past their nose. I do not know the ethnenticity of Plasmaball but he is out there shoveling concrete(one of the jobs that are, many times, pointed out to be reserved for illegal aliens as American won't do it) and someone has the audacity to tell him he has spend 26,000 pennies for a game and therefore does not need all that he works so hard to make. This insinuates that he should not persue anything to please himself until he makes a 'suitable' wage. This is tyrannical aristocracy at its best.

I disagree.

The claim was that he "needs every penny" specifically "for food, gas and baby shit." I disagree since he can afford some entertainment. It's his money and he can make his own choices. However, his claim is incorrect in my opinion. I never made any judgement on whether he should pursue anything to please himself.

It's obvious he can afford it without government assistance, so God Bless Him!

And if he does recieve food stamps, for example, he should forfiet the foodstamps upon persuing any type of entertainment that requires any money........ Unbelievable! You are saying that the poor do not deserve any of the simple human desires or needs others take for granted because they ask for assistance.

That's about right.

If he is getting food stamps.... Then he could afford to lose $260 less of that assistance.

Having the assistance... afforded him the game and console... ie.. the tax payers paid for his lifestyle.

I am saying... an Xbox... is a desire, a want.... not a NEED. You don't NEED an Xbox to survive. You cant eat it...you baby cant eat it... it wont pay the rent or power bill.

It is a luxury. And an expensive one at that.

expensive? hardly a Ferrari 458 is an expensive luxury.

If you can afford to pay for a Ferrari with the money you have... then its up to you what luxury's you buy.

If you are on assistance... you cant afford ANY luxuries. Simple as that.

If a guy make $1,500 a month (20k a year) ... Wouldn't anything costing $500 be a luxury? A 458 is a luxury to most, but to the very rich, it's just another car

Isn't your answer in your question?

But again, how much of that $22,314 do you want the family of four to pay in taxes?

lets put it his way... how much tax do you think your 22,314 family think is fair to pay in taxes?

how about you stop with the run around and actually commit to an answer.

i have no use for lawyer double It just goes to show you wont answer because you know you are wrong. You dont have an answer.

No one wants to pay taxes....see how that works?

I am for flat tax...everyone pays the same on income. No loop holes, no exemptions....no credits...no nothing. You make it... it gets taxed at rate X.

Ok, I must spell it out for those who cannot see past their nose. I do not know the ethnenticity of Plasmaball but he is out there shoveling concrete(one of the jobs that are, many times, pointed out to be reserved for illegal aliens as American won't do it) and someone has the audacity to tell him he has spend 26,000 pennies for a game and therefore does not need all that he works so hard to make. This insinuates that he should not persue anything to please himself until he makes a 'suitable' wage. This is tyrannical aristocracy at its best.

If.... and i don't know if he is or not..... IF... he is receiving ANY form of government assistance.... If he can afford to spend money on luxury games.... he does NOT NEED any kind of assistance.

IF.... he works hard and receives NO assistance of any kind... then he worked for his money... and deserves to purchase what ever he wants. His money... he earned it.

And if he does recieve food stamps, for example, he should forfiet the foodstamps upon persuing any type of entertainment that requires any money........ Unbelievable! You are saying that the poor do not deserve any of the simple human desires or needs others take for granted because they ask for assistance.

In my opinion, yes. That's where the perception that rampant fraud and abuse through assistance programs is formed, those who buy food with EBT cards and then pull out a wad of cash for DVDs, video games, and cigarettes. Then they drive away in a newer car than I drive while the rest of us pay for it.

So now subsidizing entertainment is an entitlement?

Considering all the hubbub over the "rich" not paying their fair share or earning their income.

It begs a better question: Do the the poor earn their income?

The working poor are obviously working very hard to earn their incomes but in the same breath pay no federal income tax.

Then there are the poor who do not work and do nothing but receive entitlements and aid for a living. Do these poor "earn" their income?

Nanny States don't require that you earn anything.....just lie there....:lol:

Demonstrate that you are productive, self-accountable citizen that after due effort of your own output needs temporary assistance with things to make your children more educated or healthier and I am all for helping with essentials.

Our system is being gamed in every aspect and the give a damn of working stiffs like me is pret' near give out.

I dont think liberals refuse You have to understand these people are LYING to gain things from the system. At least the ones who could work. Those people deserve nothing for abusing the system set in place to help others.
I'd like to see ONE of these RWers produce some numbers of the people that are actually "gaming the system."

They say that stuff at every turn, however, never accompanied by any numbers or stats.

Funny that.

Because there are no "stats."

Besides the ......

......ep track of that??? because that scam is costing taxpayers in Illinois tens of millions.

Oh not to mention turning a dollar into 50 cents is not good for the economy...

While I agree with your position, that it is easy to rip off food stamp programs I must point out the idiocy of this statment, and the flat out lack of understanding of the world around you and how things work.

Me thinks you need to fill your head with more then call of duty 12 and instead get an education.

Not to mention, common sense tells us that poor people who sell food stamps also need to eat. So how much could they possibly be selling?

I had a family of 5 on under 20k at one point. They pay federal taxes, I have the pay stubs to prove it, it's about 20% (FICA and SSI) ... Now I did get a refund at the end of the year (most of the time around 4K) that included the child tax credit (the third and successive children don't count in that formula). The money was like Christmas to us (our Christmas was at that rather lacking in things and long in love and togetherness) ... The poor pay taxes if they work

I disagree.

The claim was that he "needs every penny" specifically "for food, gas and baby shit." I disagree since he can afford some entertainment. It's his money and he can make his own choices. However, his claim is incorrect in my opinion. I never made any judgement on whether he should pursue anything to please himself.

Actually had i not traded in my old xbox, sold my Wii on Ebay and traded in more other games/systems, i wouldnt be able to afford a newer xbox for quite awhile.

A refurbished Xbox slim costs 249.....A new one costs 199 but no HDD, One with a hdd costs 299...money is tight but we manage regardless.

honestly i cant "afford it", i just got lucky with trade in's and ebay.

Are you on any assistance programs?

I disagree.

Actually had i not traded in my old xbox, sold my Wii on Ebay and traded in more other games/systems, i wouldnt be able to afford a newer xbox for quite awhile.

A refurbished Xbox slim costs 249.....A new one costs 199 but no HDD, One with a hdd costs 299...money is tight but we manage regardless.

honestly i cant "afford it", i just got lucky with trade in's and ebay.

Are you on any assistance programs?

Is that any of your fucking business reich winger?

how about you stop with the run around and actually commit to an answer.

i have no use for lawyer double It just goes to show you wont answer because you know you are wrong. You dont have an answer.

No one wants to pay taxes....see how that works?

I am for flat tax...everyone pays the same on income. No loop holes, no exemptions....no credits...no nothing. You make it... it gets taxed at rate X.

you are still dodging the question. they are asking for a % not a talking point and runaround.

last time and then i am just moving on to something else.

That is my answer.....it is not dogging your question. You asked how much they should be taxed. My answer....they should be taxed the same as everyone should be taxed. The same % on what ever income they receive.

Is that to hard a concept for you?

I had a family of 5 on under 20k at one point. They pay federal taxes, I have the pay stubs to prove it, it's about 20% (FICA and SSI) ... Now I did get a refund at the end of the year (most of the time around 4K) that included the child tax credit (the third and successive children don't count in that formula). The money was like Christmas to us (our Christmas was at that rather lacking in things and long in love and togetherness) ... The poor pay taxes if they work

Yes they do but it seems that the wealthy want even more of our nation’s wealth redistributed up to them and we're supposed to be grateful for their scraps.

I remember reading about a similar situation in history, who was it...Marie Antoinette?

Hey working poor, how's that cake taste?

Is registering the poor to vote unamerican? Should only rich folks vote or have interest in our nation?

Forum List

Back