Are Corporations People ?

GravityWave

Rookie
Aug 11, 2011
I'm taking significant exception to M.Romney's comment that 'Corporations are People!" as I've just seen on CSPAN.

I don't recall any corporations being drafted to serve in Vietnam.

I don't believe that corporations have a right to vote in any civil elections in this country including federal elections.

I'm a little uncertain as to whether 'corporate people' are allowed to bear arms in this country.

May I marry a corporate body, independent of its stated sexual orientation?

Can corporations be deported upon being found to engaged in illegal overseas activities or defrauding the government of this country?

Can a corporation be sentenced to federal or state prison for violating the laws of this country?

For some reason, Mr. Romney is very confused about the nature of people and abstractions about people and should apologize to the people of this country before he is mistaken for another 'silly' Republican who is a token of the corporate citizens he serves.

I suppose that its no wonder that the US now relies on a mercenary armed force (voluntary is a bit of a stretch given the costs and budget requirements, particularly for the Nato generals,etc contributing a couple thousand members combined).

Over half of military support overseas is sub-contracted out to corporations able to deal with the corruption that occurs there. But that's just the military-industrial complex all grown up, despite Eisenhower's warnings so long ago.

Corporations are legal fictions to allow groups of people to avoid individual responsibility for their actions. It seemed like a good idea at the time to encourage business.

I'm taking significant exception to M.Romney's comment that 'Corporations are People!" as I've just seen on CSPAN.

I don't believe that corporations have a right to vote in any civil elections in this country including federal elections.

I'm a little uncertain as to whether 'corporate people' are allowed to bear arms in this country.

Can corporations be deported upon being found to engaged in illegal overseas activities or defrauding the government of this country?

Can a corporation be sentenced to federal or state prison for violating the laws of this country?

For some reason, Mr. Romney is very confused about the nature of people and abstractions about people and should apologize to the people of this country before he is mistaken for another 'silly' Republican who is a token of the corporate citizens he serves.

I suppose that its no wonder that the US now relies on a mercenary armed force (voluntary is a bit of a stretch given the costs and budget requirements, particularly for the Nato generals,etc contributing a couple thousand members combined).

Over half of military support overseas is sub-contracted out to corporations able to deal with the corruption that occurs there. But that's just the military-industrial complex all grown up, despite Eisenhower's warnings so long ago.

Corporations are legal fictions to allow groups of people to avoid individual responsibility for their actions. It seemed like a good idea at the time to encourage business.

Obviously--you do not understand the difference between a class C corporation and a Sub-Chapter S corporation. The C corporation are usually your large multi-billion dollar corporations and your S corporations in this country consists of millions of mom and pop shops (small business people) Most small business in this country--aka the largest employer of it are Sub S corporations. I am an S corporation--small business electrical contractor.

I file two returns--the S corporation--(which is not taxes) basically a declaration of sales--versus expenses--and any profit our loss flows through to our personal 1040 income tax return. That's when Romney is RIGHT--corporations are PEOPLE.

Now I imagine you are an Obama voter--because you even brought this up. Obama since his campaign started--has repeatedly stated he wanted to raise taxes on the 250K crowd--going from the current 33% to a 39% tax bracket which is exactly what large multi-billion dollar corporations pay.

This hits right in the heart of small business aka sub S corporations. Meaning he wants to tax the mom and pop shops in this country the same as large class C corporations. When you add in state and local taxes--you are asking the hardest working--most innovative people in this country to pay .50 cents on every dollar they earn.

In return--small business in this country has tucked in like a turtle and are waiting for the threat to leave.

$fore.jpg

Last edited:
Are corporations people on taxes?
If so why cannot I take expenses to work as a deduction. Gas driving to and from work, clothes, my education, etc. Corporation takes all these deductions including their half of my SS contributions which I cannot deduct my half.
I also have never seen a corporation in prison for crimes.
And they have even less birth certificates than Obama does.

If so why cannot I take expenses to work as a deduction. Gas driving to and from work, clothes, my education, etc. Corporation takes all these deductions including their half of my SS contributions which I cannot deduct my half.

Acorn was just sentenced today in court and fined the maximum amount for violating voting laws.

Also, I can deduct most of those things you mentioned along with others. And the reason we get a deduction on ss I presume, is we dont have a company matching our funds? Im no tax wizz or accountant though so I really dont know.

Yes people can fall under the title Corporation. I do, its called LLC

Limited Liability Company (LLC)

I am an S--corporation--small business electrical contractor--and didn't realize I was so HATED by the left in this country----:cuckoo: My daughter tells me that I am a Person aka People.

The left only loves me when they're lights and electricity goes out--I guess--LOL

Last edited:

This a PERFECT example of the simple-mindedness, the tunnel vision, and the inability of the leftists to understand the basic prerequisite that HUMAN BEINGS are required in order for everything from the smallest businesses to the largest corporations to EXIST.

This is one of the silliest topics I have ever seen in ANY forum on the internet. It's literally a "no-brainer".

This a PERFECT example of the simple-mindedness, the tunnel vision, and the inability of the leftists to understand the basic prerequisite that HUMAN BEINGS are required in order for everything from the smallest businesses to the largest corporations to EXIST.

This is one of the silliest topics I have ever seen in ANY forum on the internet. It's literally a "no-brainer".

CORPORATIONS can also be spelled J.O.B.S. in this country.

Acorn was just sentenced today in court and fined the maximum amount for violating voting laws.

Also, I can deduct most of those things you mentioned along with others. And the reason we get a deduction on ss I presume, is we dont have a company matching our funds? Im no tax wizz or accountant though so I really dont know.

So the acorn corp is going to be in prison?
I wait to see that.
How is that done exactly?

if you are in business for yourself you can deduct vehicle and fuel expenses, but not if you work for someone else.
I even checked on incorporating myself once and it was not possible.
Each of us operates on a profit loss basis as individuals and expenses to make a profit. but cannot deduct the expenses like a corp does.

I wait to see that.

if you are in business for yourself you can deduct vehicle and fuel expenses, but not if you work for someone else.
Each of us operates on a profit loss basis as individuals and expenses to make a profit. but cannot deduct the expenses like a corp does.

"Grampa" has been into the hooch again. Pickled posters are always entertaining. :clap2:

I wait to see that.

"Grampa" has been into the hooch again. Pickled posters are always entertaining. :clap2:

Well--I am just one of the majority of small business people in this country that is an S CORPORATION--I am a small business electrical contractor--and I guess in the future--when I get those PANIC phone calls--that someone's electricity is not WORKING--and their hair dryer won't work--maybe I should just question them first?

Are you a left-leaning liberal that hates ALL corporations--but love me when I or my employees comes out to fix your electricity--and if we make a dollar bill off of you--you want to shove it up our asse's with higher taxes.

I think I am going to do it! And if you say YES--good luck finding someone else--:lol:

I wait to see that.

You are severely misinformed.

Form A Corporation - Articles of Incorporation Forms, How to Incorporation, Formation Online

uhh, no they don't. I cannot deduct fuel to and from work. I can only deduct clothes if they are a specified uniform or protective clothing.

Uniforms and Gear

• Protective clothing and gear
  • Uniforms (except if you’re full-time active duty in the armed forces)
  • Dry cleaning costs for your uniforms or protective clothing (not for your everyday clothing, though)
  • Specialized clothing designed for your job, as long as it's not suitable for everyday wear
  • Safety equipment, such as hard hats, safety glasses, safety boots, and gloves
You can take a deduction for and education.

Employees:
Includes expenses for your job for which you weren’t reimbursed
, but you only get the amount in excess of 2% of your AGI (adjusted gross income), and only if you can itemize. For instance, if your AGI is $100,000, you must have at least $2,000 in employee business expenses before you will begin to benefit from the deduction

Education and Research

• Educational expenses related to your present work that maintains or improves your skills.
  • Research expenses

Forum List

Back