Do the poor earn their income?

you are still dodging the question. they are asking for a % not a talking point and runaround.

last time and then i am just moving on to something else.

That is my answer.....it is not dogging your question. You asked how much they should be taxed. My answer....they should be taxed the same as everyone should be taxed. The same % on what ever income they receive.

Is that to hard a concept for you?

and what is that %. Put down a number. I understand what you have been saying from the first time you said it. People should pay the same amount and it be fair.
What % is fair to you? That you have avoided.

Lets see..... im with the poor. I don't want to pay jack shit in taxes. ZERO. NADA. ZERO works for me, just as it good works for the poor.

Last edited:
It begs a better question: Do the the poor earn their income?

Yes.

The working poor are obviously working very hard to earn their incomes but in the same breath pay no federal income tax.

Then there are the poor who do not work and do nothing but receive entitlements and aid for a living. Do these poor "earn" their income?

And I guess there's absolutely nothing in between.

No one wants to pay taxes....see how that works?

I am for flat tax...everyone pays the same on income. No loop holes, no exemptions....no credits...no nothing. You make it... it gets taxed at rate X.

you are still dodging the question. they are asking for a % not a talking point and runaround.

That is my answer.....it is not dogging your question. You asked how much they should be taxed. My answer....they should be taxed the same as everyone should be taxed. The same % on what ever income they receive.

So you would agree that states should either drastically raise taxes on the wealthy or drastically reduce taxes on lower income earners since lower income earners pay a much larger percentage of their income in taxes at the state level compared to higher income earners who pay very little as a percentage of their income? On average, the lowest income earners pay at least double, and in some states, as much as six times more than the top income earners in their respective states. State taxes are horribly regressive, but I never hear conservatives complain about that.

So you would agree that states should either drastically raise taxes on the wealthy or drastically reduce taxes on lower income earners since lower income earners pay a much larger percentage of their income in taxes at the state level compared to higher income earners who pay very little as a percentage of their income? On average, the lowest income earners pay at least double, and in some states, as much as six times more than the top income earners in their respective states. State taxes are horribly regressive, but I never hear conservatives complain about that.

I am saying set a % for federal income tax and everyone pays it.

And I'm saying thats stupid.

Making assumptions about someone's charactor or honesty based solely on how much money they have is simple bigotry at it's finest. Poor people are more likely to cheat on their taxes than rich people?
I don't think so. Poor people are more lazy than rich people? When was the last time you saw a rich person work up a sweat except on a tennis court?

Welfare fraud is no better or worse than any other kind of fraud.
Frankly I've found poor folks second to none in being hardworking, honest, and trustworthy. I dislike seeing them slandered.

I understand that part. Now I am asking how you feel about state taxes where the highest income earners pay the least in taxes. Should they pay more or should the lowest income earners continue to be taxed at two to six times more than the highest income earners? All I ever hear is how low income earners pay no federal taxes, yet they pay much more in payroll taxes and state taxes than the wealthy, but nobody seems to have a problem with that. If we went with a flat tax at the federal level with no exemptions, as you suggest, then the lowest income earners would become the highest taxed people in the US when you include all taxes, federal, state, and local. Do we really want to tax the poorest Americans more than the wealthiest?

If we do, we better make certain that the majority of Americans are part of the wealthy, or beware the consequences.

I understand that part. Now I am asking how you feel about state taxes where the highest income earners pay the least in taxes. Should they pay more or should the lowest income earners continue to be taxed at two to six times more than the highest income earners? All I ever hear is how low income earners pay no federal taxes, yet they pay much more in payroll taxes and state taxes than the wealthy, but nobody seems to have a problem with that. If we went with a flat tax at the federal level with no exemptions, as you suggest, then the lowest income earners would become the highest taxed people in the US when you include all taxes, federal, state, and local. Do we really want to tax the poorest Americans more than the wealthiest?

If we do, we better make certain that the majority of Americans are part of the wealthy, or beware the consequences.

Then make state taxes flat tax a well. Everyone pays the same thing. NO exemptions, no exceptions.

Then make state taxes flat tax a well. Everyone pays the same thing. NO exemptions, no exceptions.
Except for capital gains I'm sure.

Considering all the hubbub over the "rich" not paying their fair share or earning their income.

The working poor are obviously working very hard to earn their incomes but in the same breath pay no federal income tax.

Then there are the poor who do not work and do nothing but receive entitlements and aid for a living. Do these poor "earn" their income?
Demonizing the poor has always been a successful strategy in diverting attention from the real problem.

The one economic constant has been that the wealthy now control a higher % of the nation's private wealth than they ever have, and there is no reason to believe that this trend will change in the forseeable future.

Recent history tells us that sooner or later this will result in major economic and social turmoil because the wealthy/those in positions of power refused to read "the writing on the wall" - before it was too late!

Last edited:

So now you propose that not only should we lobby the federal government to make an amendment to the Constutuion of the United States in order to make a new tax structure.

THEN we should mandate or lobby each of the 50 states to make a flat state tax also (with Texas and Florida having no state taxes at the moment) requiring them to adjust any laws on the books at the state level to accomodate the change to a flat tax.

Good luck and Good bye!

The American wealth system is based on inheritance. Families make vast wealth that gets dynastically transferred through generations. This vast sum of wealth is not earned by the inheritors through hard work.

Considering all the hubbub over the "rich" not paying their fair share or earning their income.

If they have a job they earn what that job pays.

Anything they get in the way of forced charity from the taxpayers of America isn't earned.

Its pretty much a freebe for them and IMO Govt forced theft from the rest of us.

if you take away the deductions that bring some workers down to owing nothing in income taxes, so that they can "pay" like you and me......then YOU will be TAKING away those deductions from yourself and will owe more in taxes than you do now....

is that what you wish for? not me!

pay your maid, your lawn guy, your dry cleaner worker, your sales clerk, your waitress, your cook, your dishwasher in restaurants more by paying more for your food and their services....

and we wouldn't have a problem with so many not making enough to owe taxes.

are you willing to do that?

If not, then zip up and deal with it.....as far as I am concerned.

I think a little of the problem here is the perception of what low income people are facing. Within the last year gas has has increased by a dollar, generally speaking, approximately 30% increase. For someone making $8 an hour and using 1 gallon of gas a day to go to and from that job it takes 1 hour of wages to just do that. For someone making $16 an hour it takes them only a half hours pay. Its all relative. Inflation, food price increases, gas prices, heating oil prices all effect the low income worker a lot more than medium or high income workers. Today's economy is hurting the low income worker more leaving them with no disposable income.

besides the fact that those getting the earned income credit that brings them down to not owing taxes....and even getting some money back....can NOT get more money than they have paid into federal taxes, including what they have paid in to SS....which is federal taxes and is in the budget process.

so, from what i have read, the EIC can only be up to the amount paid in federal taxes...or up to the amount they have PAID IN to SS.

Demonizing the poor has always been a successful strategy in diverting attention from the real problem.

The one economic constant has been that the wealthy now control a higher % of the nation's private wealth than they ever have, and there is no reason to believe that this trend will change in the forseeable future.

Recent history tells us that sooner or later this will result in major economic and social turmoil because the wealthy/those in positions of power refused to read "the writing on the wall" - before it was too late!

:sigh:

Yep.

Generally this is how it starts.

Concentration of wealth == Solidification of Power == Economic Calamity == Unrest == Bloody Revolution == New Government (which is not always good).

Rinse.
Repeat.

Maid, Lawnguy?? LOL

Not hardly Care.

As for deductions I only have one. Me. I get back a very small part of what I pay in.

I see no reason for anyone to get more back than they pay in. Thats someones hard earned money that is basically given to someone who didn't earn it.

That may work for you but it doesn't for me.

If they have a job they earn what that job pays.

Anything they get in the way of forced charity from the taxpayers of America isn't earned.

Its pretty much a freebe for them and IMO Govt forced theft from the rest of us.
Fuck you.

LMAO NO PB FUCK YOU.

If you and all likeminded think its such a great idea then start your own charity. Whip out YOUR wallets and checkbooks and you take care of all the poor and downtrodden.

Just think how good you will feel about yourselves. (Of course you will be broke in no time but what the hey. That feel good feeling will sustain you?

STUPID FUCK.

Forum List

Back