Do the poor earn their income?

he is owed the right to live if he goes into hospital with a gunshot wound. He isnt owed anything if he goes in with a common cold

I suspect you will find very who don't support the notion of .....nor find any hospitals which would not provide stabilizing and pain reducing care to anyone who presents with a critical life threatening situation.

And if said gunshot victim requires a heart transplant or brain surgery akin to Rep Giffords is there entitlement to full restorative intervention, after-care and rehabilitation as well ?

Last edited:
dragonplasma on Playstation and Xbox.....

GOW3 is a week! Fucking stoked

You need "every penny" but are tracking when a $60 video game comes out?

Hmmmmmmmmm.......

I traded in every video game i owned, My core system plus a Wii, Waited on a deal to get 30% more in trade in value in order to pay for it.

Dont assume, you will make yourself look like an ass.

I also didnt realize you are against saving up for something and paying for it.

I dont shovel concrete for the fun of it dipshit.

Read the posts again.

You made a claim that is apparently not true. I have no issue with you doing with your earnings what you please. You obviously don't "need every penny" if you can afford to spend $60 on ONE video game that requires a console which costs at least $200.

That's 26,000 pennies you obviously don't "need." Beyond that claim, I have no issue.

I am sorry if i was not clear about what "poor" i was speaking of.

not all.... but most do not pay any federal income tax.

However... they are working. They are earning their income....small as it is... they work and earn their income. :clap2:

they may not all pay federal income tax, but they all do pay social security and medicare tax..no one escapes that.

Oh really? Not so.

If you live your life on welfare and entitlements.... you will not pay one dime into social security or medicare.

we are talking about working poor earning their income not entitlements by the way with the welfare reforms that went through under Clinton very few people get away without working unless they are truly disabled.

Are you some kind of commie?? The only way everyone can pay the same is if we all made the same, which we dont.

If you really want everyone to pay the same then you should be supporting FAIR TAX, instead of pushing ideals akin to oppressive tyrannical regimes.

Do you support sales tax, or do you think its unfair that a person that consumes 150k a year would pay more then a guy that consumes 12?

Tax is tax... it should be the same for everyone....federal, state and sales.
flat tax dont work....next

Im convinced!

No seriously, the only reason we dont have a fair tax is because business interests consume lots of money, they wouldnt be able to get by with paying nothing under the fair tax.

they may not all pay federal income tax, but they all do pay social security and medicare tax..no one escapes that.

Oh really? Not so.

If you live your life on welfare and entitlements.... you will not pay one dime into social security or medicare.

we are talking about working poor earning their income not entitlements by the way with the welfare reforms that went through under Clinton very few people get away without working unless they are truly disabled.

No... we are talking about the poor

Not the working poor

Do the poor earn their income. Do the people on entitlements.... EARN that income?

I don't know what planet you live on... but most of the people on welfare are full well capable of working.

The right wing give tax breaks to the rich. They could care less about the working poor. They disdain the poor.

I'd like to see ONE of these RWers produce some numbers of the people that are actually "gaming the system."

They say that stuff at every turn, however, never accompanied by any numbers or stats.

Funny that.

I am not certain there are numbers telling the percentage of those fraudulently getting public assistance any more than there are those type of figures for say those cheating on their taxes.

I can quote personal experience but it means nothing to anyone but me.

he is owed the right to live if he goes into hospital with a gunshot wound. He isnt owed anything if he goes in with a common cold

I suspect you will find very who don't support the notion of .....nor find any hospitals which would not provide stabilizing and pain reducing care to anyone who presents with a critical life threatening situation.

And if said gunshot victim requires a heart transplant or brain surgery akin to Rep Giffords is there entitlement to full restorative intervention, after-care and rehabilitation as well ?

full? no.....but it depends on the situation

Yes you need like a panel or something to make that detemrination ?

You betcha.

Considering all the hubbub over the "rich" not paying their fair share or earning their income.

It begs a better question: Do the the poor earn their income?

The working poor are obviously working very hard to earn their incomes but in the same breath pay no federal income tax.

Then there are the poor who do not work and do nothing but receive entitlements and aid for a living. Do these poor "earn" their income?

Some of the "working poor" receive taxpayer funded benefits that exceed their salaries, and in a case like that I would say - no they do not earn their income, because the freebies exceed their earnings.

The poor (not all) are like leeches on our economy and society. They would rather live for free then work hard and have more than what the state can provide for them. They're content with their own laziness...And MANY will never try to better themselves because there is absolutely no incentive to do so.

To answer your question as a whole - no the poor generally don't earn their income.

Considering all the hubbub over the "rich" not paying their fair share or earning their income.

It begs a better question: Do the the poor earn their income?

The working poor are obviously working very hard to earn their incomes but in the same breath pay no federal income tax.

Then there are the poor who do not work and do nothing but receive entitlements and aid for a living. Do these poor "earn" their income?

Some of the "working poor" receive taxpayer funded benefits that exceed their salaries, and in a case like that I would say - no they do not earn their income, because the freebies exceed their earnings.

The poor (not all) are like leeches on our economy and society. They would rather live for free then work hard and have more than what the state can provide for them. They're content with their own laziness...And MANY will never try to better themselves because there is absolutely no incentive to do so.

To answer your question as a whole - no the poor generally don't earn their income.

:clap2:

According to the US Census Bureau, in 2008, 19 million people lived in working-poor families. This translates into nearly 9 percent of all American families living below 100 percent of poverty have at least one family member working.

Working Poor Facts

•Female-headed households were more than twice as likely to be among the working poor than male-headed households in 2008. iii
•Married-couple families with children under 18 were almost 5 times as likely as families without children to be among the working poor in 2008. iii
•Among families with at least one member working at least half a year, families with children were 4 times more likely than families without children to live in poverty in 2008. iii
•According to a survey on hunger and homelessness conducted by the United States Conference of Mayors, 92% of cities participating in the survey cited unemployment as one of three major causes of hunger in their city. iv
•Thirty-nine percent of all adult clients served by Feeding America have completed high school or equivalent degree with no further education beyond high school. ii

•Thirty-four percent of all client households served by Feeding America have had to choose between paying for food and paying for medicine or medical care. ii

•Sixty-five percent of working families that received SNAP were single-parent families. http://feedingamerica.org/hunger-in-america/hunger-facts/working-poor.aspx

again, when I see equality of wages in the work place I will agree about the poor, untill then the system is very unequal.

According to the US Census Bureau, in 2008, 19 million people lived in working-poor families. This translates into nearly 9 percent of all American families living below 100 percent of poverty have at least one family member working.

the rich people recieved relief, but please don't help the poor in this nation, it's sin to conservatives.

You need "every penny" but are tracking when a $60 video game comes out?

Hmmmmmmmmm.......

I traded in every video game i owned, My core system plus a Wii, Waited on a deal to get 30% more in trade in value in order to pay for it.

Read the posts again.

You made a claim that is apparently not true. I have no issue with you doing with your earnings what you please. You obviously don't "need every penny" if you can afford to spend $60 on ONE video game that requires a console which costs at least $200.

That's 26,000 pennies you obviously don't "need." Beyond that claim, I have no issue.

Asterism, it is off to the dungeon with you! Don't you realize that anyone in your position does not deserve the need for entertainment. How dare you try to eek out a little self satisfaction after being so distainfully unproductive.

I really can't believe some of the posts I read here.:cuckoo:

Oh really? Not so.

No... we are talking about the poor

Not the working poor

Do the poor earn their income. Do the people on entitlements.... EARN that income?

I don't know what planet you live on... but most of the people on welfare are full well capable of working.
when you say Poor you are including those folks that work 12 hours a day every day of the week and still earn only 7 bucks an hour and get no entitlements...so I would say that some folks earn it...entitlements run out after a certain period..then they have to work...

Read the posts again.

Asterism, it is off to the dungeon with you! Don't you realize that anyone in your position does not deserve the need for entertainment. How dare you try to eek out a little self satisfaction after being so distainfully unproductive.

who are u to decide that ?

I recieve a monthly check from the VA as compensation for service connected disabilites. You guys think I didn't earn that money?

Read the posts again.

Escuse me I meant Plasmaball. oops

Forum List

Back