Did one of the forum get removed?

But if it's a thought-provoking observation/question, it has value.

What follows generally has limited value unless it's a mindful OP returning to clarify their original point.
My point exactly. If you have a good idea--the proverbial "better mousetrap", let them know. The incessant "you're full of _____" subsequent posts which has become so common place are not helpful.

If you still want to complain about the mods, do so in the basement where it seems like it is permissable to call out other posters.. Why give them this whole other platform?

Most are in Current Events. A few were moved to Media and the Israel/Palestine area.

What surmises a ''Current Event'' should be given a bit more scrutiny if you're serious about it.

Otherwise it's only going to be maintained as a conveyor belt to dispense not-so-cleverly packaged special interests propaganda literature, for the strict purpose of commandeering and steering the ship by way of the convenience of the top of the board, much the same way that Breaking News was manipulated in the same way by the usual suspects with the same intent. They'll just move their operation from one to the other. It's already begun, in fact.

Of course, that's just a passing bit of morning Davery, based solely upon observation, after flipping through that section this morning.

Not my circus. Not my monkeys...

Last edited:
My point exactly. If you have a good idea--the proverbial "better mousetrap", let them know. The incessant "you're full of _____" subsequent posts which has become so common place are not helpful.

If you still want to complain about the mods, do so in the basement where it seems like it is permissable to call out other posters.. Why give them this whole other platform?
I think that rewarding bad behavior - shutting a sub-forum down due to trolling - and punishing good is a bad idea, and also stifles speech.

I think it's MUCH better to have this (admittedly much abused) option than to let the trolls win (again); they can be ignored by us, and punished by the mods if desired by them.

But it would be AWESOME if some kind of poster competency test could be administered, though that would definitely eliminate a large number of posters here... :p

What surmises a ''Current Event'' should be given a bit more scrutiny if you're serious about it.

Otherwise it's only going to be maintained as a conveyor belt to dispense not-so-cleverly packaged special interests propaganda literature, for the strict purpose of commandeering and steering the ship by way of the convenience of the top of the board, much the same way that Breaking News was manipulated in the same way by the usual suspects with the same intent. They'll just move their operation from one to the other. It's already begun, in fact.

Of course, that's just a passing bit of morning Davery, based solely upon observation, after flipping through that section this morning.

Not my circus. Not my monkeys...
The usual suspects.

They generate traffic, but little is worthy.

Monkeys indeed.

I think that rewarding bad behavior - shutting a sub-forum down due to trolling - and punishing good is a bad idea, and also stifles speech.

I think it's MUCH better to have this (admittedly much abused) option than to let the trolls win (again); they can be ignored by us, and punished by the mods if desired by them.

But it would be AWESOME if some kind of poster competency test could be administered, though that would definitely eliminate a large number of posters here... :p
Just to finish the thought...

I don’t see how taking away a dog’s chew toy (this forum) would count as a “win” for the dog.

Just to finish the thought...

I don’t see how taking away a dog’s chew toy (this forum) would count as a “win” for the dog.
The mindful contributors would suffer; the sub-forum has value.

The mindful contributors would suffer; the sub-forum has value.
So, say you and the others get your wish and USMB management makes this place Judenfrei for you. Then what? What is your end game, here?

Isn't having places like Storefront already doing things like that good enough for you?

Forum List

Back