Did Obama get Congressional approval every time he droned a wedding?

Or is this War Powers resolution just a political stunt by the house?

Congress (not just the House) has been arguing this since the Patriot Act, so no, it isn't a "stunt". It's a valid concern but a complicated one - they also don't want to hobble the president.

IMO - they should go back to the way it was prior to the Patriot Act.

Congress (not just the House) has been arguing this since the Patriot Act, so no, it isn't a "stunt". It's a valid concern but a complicated one - they also don't want to hobble the president.

Did you take issue with this when Obama got addicted to droning?
I think not.

Is it binding?

Didn’t need to

Congress approved the War on Terror

Didn’t need to

Congress approved the War on Terror
So why is Nazi Pelousy and all you moron lemmings whining and crying about Trump taking out a terrorist who is responsible for over 500 deaths of our soldiers?

An average of 6 people died per droning spread across hundreds of Obie's dronings.

Political stunt? You decide.

Name one foreign government official that Obama droned. Name one country where Obama carried out a drone attack where the USA failed to get permission to carry out the attack.

Screenshot_20200109-201630_Opera.jpg

Another dem fail ....they're just a complete embarrassment...to themselves and tHe nation
Is it any wonder 3rd worlders who make 2 dollars a day think they're complete idiots ?

The issue is whether The Donald reported to Congress in a timely manner ... not whether he needed Congressional approval before the hit ...

When two terrorists get married, and invite all their terrorist friends to attend the ceremony ... that's a good place to drop a bomb ... IMEIO ... a little different than capping a senior military official of a sovereign nation ...

Barry soetoro will forever hold the record for the number of countries bombed back to the Stone Age..... at 7.

Annihilating innocent wedding parties was his specialty. In fact I believe he mentioned that he got a little wet just thinking about lethal ordnance delivered by drones. I miss that shitstain and Big Mike sometimes......

The issue is whether The Donald reported to Congress in a timely manner ... not whether he needed Congressional approval before the hit ...

When two terrorists get married, and invite all their terrorist friends to attend the ceremony ... that's a good place to drop a bomb ... IMEIO ... a little different than capping a senior military official of a sovereign nation ...

No, the general of a sovereign nation who planned and ordered the killin of allot of Americans as well as other Muslims and would gladly have killed you. Cry for him if you must. Just makes you look dumb.

It's utterly meaningless. They can't even do anything if Trump ignores it.
Not a stunt, but I think it would take both houses of congress with a veto proof margin to give it teeth. No likely, in my opinion.

Not a stunt, but I think it would take both houses of congress with a veto proof margin to give it teeth. No likely, in my opinion.

Democrats and two republicans are the only ones who give a shit about the haji trash. They will be ignored and their stupid resolution will be mocked. I think Trump will blow up anothe haji or two and just ignore them. As for Mike Lee and drunky boy from Florida, they only supported this because they saw something in their polls. Feckless cowards. What can you expect.

Democrats and two republicans are the only ones who give a shit about the haji trash. They will be ignored and their stupid resolution will be mocked. I think Trump will blow up anothe haji or two and just ignore them. As for Mike Lee and drunky boy from Florida, they only supported this because they saw something in their polls. Feckless cowards. What can you expect.
Been coming back up with every pres since 73, i think. Probably came up when Reagan wanted to support the Contras, but Congress denied funding. Ollie ran it out of the basement, funded by selling cruise missiles to Iran, coincidentally,

Been coming back up with every pres since 73, i think. Probably came up when Reagan wanted to support the Contras, but Congress denied funding. Ollie ran it out of the basement, funded by selling cruise missiles to Iran, coincidentally,

Lol, yup.

Forum List

Back