Democrats Are Mounting a Campaign to Delegitimize the U.S. Supreme Court

You can bet Merrick Garland is behind this.

It's already a joke. A bastion of right wing, rule by the hand of God...because....God wills it!!

Merrick Garland isn't behind it. In fact, I'd bet he's one of the stalwarts who would vote to keep it in place.

spot on. The courts role is to uphold the Constitution which is the one thing that gets in the way of their tyrannical demafasict agenda

These radical right wing judges ignore the constitution. The Constitution directly states that the Congress has the power to regulate federal elections yet the Supreme Court has thrown out the Voting Rights Act. There are no constitutional issues involved in the mifepristone case.

The Supreme Court has been on a tear to delegitimize themselves. A student in their first year of law school understand that if someone is before the court as a judge if you have any relationship with them, you recuse yourself. This would also include one who is paying your wife.

Oddly Supreme Court justices have been shown to not understand that. They did that to themselves.

These radical right wing judges ignore the constitution. The Constitution directly states that the Congress has the power to regulate federal elections yet the Supreme Court has thrown out the Voting Rights Act. There are no constitutional issues involved in the mifepristone case.
the voters rights act hasn’t been thrown out.

You can bet Merrick Garland is behind this.

Actually, every now and then, I listen to NPR.

From what they are saying, this is mostly the DNC in congress and the Senate.

"NPR's Sarah McCammon speaks with Bloomberg Law's Madison Alder about a push by congressional Democrats to establish a formal code of ethics for the U.S. Supreme Court.. . . "

How questions about Justice Thomas' ethics could harm the Supreme Court's reputation​

"For years, as members of Congress and people in the executive branch suffered through embarrassing headlines about ethics lapses, the U.S. Supreme Court seemed to occupy something of a moral high ground. But a bombshell report from ProPublica this month may have changed that. Reporters with ProPublica documented a long relationship between Thomas and Republican donor Harlan Crow, in which the billionaire showered Thomas and his wife with luxury vacations for more than 20 years.

The Senate Judiciary Committee - which is controlled by Democrats - plans to hold a hearing on the Supreme Court's ethical standards, and may even call Justice Thomas to appear. After a meeting of Democrats on the committee Monday night, Committee member Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn), who has been searing in his criticism of Justice Thomas, said he hoped Justice Thomas would appear voluntarily.. . . "

Roberts invited to testify at Senate hearing on Supreme Court ethics​

"The chair of the Senate Judiciary committee has invited Chief Justice John Roberts to testify at a hearing next month focused on the ethical rules governing the Supreme Court as well as potential changes to those guidelines.

Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill. said in a letter to Roberts on Thursday that recent reports found the justices are "falling short" of the ethical standards they and other public servants are supposed to follow.

"The status quo is no longer tenable," Durbin wrote.

The call for Roberts' testimony comes at a turbulent time for the court and its members. Concerns surrounding the lifetime appointees involve Justice Clarence Thomas, who, according to an investigation by ProPublica, failed to disclose 20 years of luxury trips with billionaire and Republican donor Harlan Crow.

ProPublica found that Thomas joined Crow on lavish getaways on the Dallas businessman's private jet and yacht, including a 2019 holiday worth $500,000. And the Washington Post reported earlier this week that Thomas has claimed rental income from a real estate firm that closed up shop in 2006.. . . "

Justice Thomas gifts scandal highlights 'double standard' for ethics in government​

"There's definitely a double standard at play here," said Walter Shaub, a senior fellow at the nonpartisan Project on Government Oversight. "An executive branch employee or, for that matter, even a member of Congress who so flagrantly violated the financial disclosure law as Clarence Thomas had, would certainly face some sort of consequences for their actions."

While I do think, that Justices should be more careful in their reporting of trips that donors "gift,' them?

Democrats and government radio talking about. . . .

7k2c3m.jpg

:auiqs.jpg:

I find that, uproariously funny, I really do. The fact remains, there still has to be a separation of powers, and I don't think Congress has a lot to say on this, as I don't think any laws were broken, necessarily. I definitely don't think this is an impeachable offense. Maybe a lapse in judgement at worse.

Now that the media has pointed it out, I have no doubt, the court will probably be more vigilant at policing itself on this.

It does seem, the DNC & establishment is looking for something, anything to undo what the Trump administration had done to the SCOTUS.

It seems this is a stretch though, when I hear pieces like these? I think they are just grasping for straws.

Forum List

Back