Death penalty is wrong

Yukon

Rookie
Feb 7, 2009
The death penalty is morally, socially and spiritually wrong. It is not a good measure of strength, neither does it settle the issue of crime. It is just the bloody thirst of some to feel that killing a criminal would ease their pains.

No one should encourage crime. In fact, society should be very firm on crime, but must address the issue from the point of civilized solution and not follow the narrow path of the criminal tendencies itself. Anyone that supports the death penalty is in support of organized killing. Society for no reason must not be a murderer and supporting such is wrong.

Society or the laws must never be weak, but true strength if anyone truly wants to know comes from the inside. When you forgive and help the criminal to recover their true value and position, you have used one stone to kill many birds. One, you have save a life and may have turn the light to a generation that would bless the world and two, the true enemy is disgraced and exposed, who is the evil spirit. Let us concentrate more on how to fight the evil spirit out of our systems by encouraging good values and taking godly positions.

Hate the sin and not the sinner. Strength is to give life and not to take life. The criminal was wrong for whatever he or she did, but society must show an example of what is right by doing the right thing. Punish the criminal severely within civilized laws, killing the criminal is not civilized.

No wonder you're a failed priest Yakking One.......

You're in direct violation of the Bible, because there ARE instances where it calls for killing someone.

What do any of these comments about Yukon have to do with the topic of the death penalty?

I dont see anything wrong per se about the death penalty. I just dont want to be the one pulling the switch.

I dont see anything wrong per se about the death penalty. I just dont want to be the one pulling the switch.

I can understand that. That's why with the firing squads, half the rifles would contain blanks.

Emotionally, I find it easy to feel opposed to the death penalty, until I'm confronted with some of the cases in which it is applied.

Rationally, I think the case for the death penalty boils down to self defense. It is sometimes justifiable for an individual to kill someone, and I don't see how it would never be justifiable for a society, operating through a fair justice system, to do the same. And therein lies, I think, the best argument against the death penalty: that, in practice, no justice system can be perfectly fair and always get things exactly right, and therefore it should not be entrusted with such an utterly final and irreversable option.

Self-defense and killing in the line of duty is not the same as state sponsored premeditated killing/execution.

You know.......people mis-interpret the actual commandment that says (what most people think) "thou shalt not kill".

The actual translation (from the Hebrew) is "thou shalt not MURDER".

Quite a bit of difference actually. You can kill in self defense, kill in defense of your home and country, and, if you kill someone else, your life can be forfeit.

But.......to kill someone without justification? That's murder.

I support the death penalty.

But the bible is a really screwed up document to base morality on.

...much better to base morality on the US Constitution, you know that document that at one time considered Negro people to be only 3/4 human.

I'm not really in favor of it, I think imprisonment for life is a better punishment. I also didn't think the state should be in the business of killing citizens. And lastly, it's not the kind of thing we can undo if we make a mistake, so I think we should leave it up to God to render the final judgement.

That said, I'm hardly going to protest when a terrible killer is put to death. I wouldn't do it, but I can't say I blame society for wanting to rid itself of vermin.

Amanda,

Doesnt the process sicken you? The US is the only Western democracy that kills its citizens as punishment. China, Russia, Iraq, Iran, North Korea all of these countries do it and the US justice system is no different. That should alarm decent American.

Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord !

Forum List

Back