Dating and Honesty

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
How honest should you be when you are first dating someone?

Should you let it all out right away?
Should you wait after a few dates to see if there are any sparks?
What if there are sparks, but, then you don't want to be honest cause you want to continue anyway?

If you are not honest, it probably wont continue..
At least it wouldn't with me.. I cant stand dishonesty.
I would think there is a time and place for everything.

Wouldn't it be kind of scary though, if someone told you right off the bat "I'm looking for a husband"?

Wouldn't it be kind of scary though, if someone told you right off the bat "I'm looking for a husband"?
That's why I said a time and place for everything.

I think it needs to be established if there is a mutual attraction to move forward.
The problem is, if there is a mutual attraction, most guys are ready for sex whether the relationship has potential for a future or not. Women might want to wait to see if there is potential for a future to have sex.

Am I wrong here? Would you say this is true in at least 70% of the cases?

I think it needs to be established if there is a mutual attraction to move forward.
The problem is, if there is a mutual attraction, most guys are ready for sex whether the relationship has potential for a future or not. Women might want to wait to see if there is potential for a future to have sex.

I agree

You mean, like telling them I am a huge asshole who will drain every ounce of the will to live from them?

I believe in the here after...

and if she ain't here after what I'm here after...

But, on a serious note

th

Honesty up front, put it all on the table.

There's honesty and there's blurting out your future plans to someone you just met. That said, if you really believe that 70% of the guys you date are just in it to have sex and you are looking for commitment, unless you enjoy the process, then blurt it out.

You mean, like telling them I am a huge asshole who will drain every ounce of the will to live from them?

Why would you WANT to do that? do you hate women? people in general?

There's honesty and there's blurting out your future plans to someone you just met. That said, if you really believe that 70% of the guys you date are just in it to have sex and you are looking for commitment, unless you enjoy the process, then blurt it out.

I wouldn't say that are just in it to have sex.
I'm saying, if they find you attractive they WANT to have sex and WILL!

I woman might always want to have sex, but would hesitate because she might get hurt if it doesn't work out.

Make sense?

Hmm. When was the last time either one of you went on a date, not including your spouses? :D

Hell, I dated a chick for 3 years before she found out I wasn't a CIA agent. Dumb chicks are awesome. :thup:

How honest should you be when you are first dating someone?

Should you let it all out right away?
Should you wait after a few dates to see if there are any sparks?
What if there are sparks, but, then you don't want to be honest cause you want to continue anyway?

No. You should never let it "all out" right away. NEVER.

Yes, you wait until there have been a few dates. You don't go blurting out a bunch of crap on the first few dates. You play it cool.

If there are sparks, why wouldn't you want to be honest with the person? What do you have to hide?

Hell, I dated a chick for 3 years before she found out I wasn't a CIA agent. Dumb chicks are awesome. :thup:

why would you lie about being a CIA agent?
air of mystery?
did you marry her?

Hmm. When was the last time either one of you went on a date, not including your spouses? :D
Well that's true. Internet dating is a big deal. I imagine a lot of them have everything laid out right there lol

I wouldn't say that are just in it to have sex.
I'm saying, if they find you attractive they WANT to have sex and WILL!

I woman might always want to have sex, but would hesitate because she might get hurt if it doesn't work out.

Make sense?
No. If you are worried about being hurt you wouldn't gamble by being dishonest, would you?

Well that's true. Internet dating is a big deal. I imagine a lot of them have everything laid out right there lol

Some do and some just give some basic information. However, on the first few real dates, you don't spill your guts. It just makes you come across as a desperate ninny!

And I bet a lot of guys that read this, run away:

I'm looking for my one true love to marry.
He must like cats and like to snuggle but not necessarily have sex.
He must like watching tear jerkers and spend lots of time with my family.

Forum List

Back