Are You Bored In Your Marriage....?

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
... or is it as exciting as the day you first met?
... or is it just different?

Do you think people confuse infatuation with love, get married, and when (IF!) the infatuation wears off they think they are no longer in love?

"Are You Bored In Your Marriage....?"
...no, never a dull moment. Are you?

Certainly no dull moments!

Here I am ready to talk about married people stuff and.. nothing!

Guess I need to go back to talking about dating! :)

i still get a thrill when i see him coming up the hill.....

my ex (live in, not husband but close enough) said his heart used to jump whenever he saw my car pull up.. reminded me of that......

Do you think people confuse infatuation with love, get married, and when (IF!) the infatuation wears off they think they are no longer in love?
Just different. The first day we met I almost didnt ask her for her phone number.

Mine and I are a marriage of convenience. The intimate love died long ago. The friendship love of trust and friendship is unbreakable. We found that being best friends was better than being lovers. We divorced, stayed together as roomies, then remarried when he almost died and the vultures started showing up as he lay in ER. He made it through.....and we remarried soon after to protect our interests.

So no. I am not bored. Neither is he. He is free to date or do whatever he wants, as am I. But neither of us don't because we just don't care to go through the drama of it all over again with someone new.

We are at peace. Took us 27+ years to get there, but we finally made it.

Yes, and that is why you should live together before you ever even consider marrying a person.

I would want to know everything about the person I was marrying. The only way to do that is to live with that person and get to know all of their annoying quirks and habits and if you are compatible, not only sexually but in other ways as well. IMO, that is why people are so unhappy and miserable with their marriages. They married a person that they didn't really know and now they're stuck with it FOREVER.

No, not in the least. We both are very sharp and quick witted so the conversations are always pretty funny.

OMG. I'm heartbroken that you're married. I was going to try to get you to switch teams, or at least be a switch playa! :lol:

lol. Married for 4 years and we've been together for almost 15 years. We started dating when I was 21. We got married in Boston, which is one of my favorite cites in the nation.

I would want to know everything about the person I was marrying. The only way to do that is to live with that person and get to know all of their annoying quirks and habits and if you are compatible, not only sexually but in other ways as well. IMO, that is why people are so unhappy and miserable with their marriages. They married a person that they didn't really know and now they're stuck with it FOREVER.
Thats a terrible way to do it IMO. Women act different after they get married no matter how long you live with them.

No, not in the least. We both are very sharp and quick witted so the conversations are always pretty funny.

OMG. I'm heartbroken that you're married. I was going to try to get you to switch teams, or at least be a switch playa! :lol:

lol. Married for 4 years and we've been together for almost 15 years. We started dating when I was 21. We got married in Boston, which is one of my favorite cites in the nation.

The capital of my state! :D Congrats, sweetie! :smiliehug: So happy for you.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

Did things change once "she got papers"?

Thats a terrible way to do it IMO. Women act different after they get married no matter how long you live with them.

Oh please. Lol. You cannot continue a "facade" when you are living with someone 24/7. :D

There's three possibilities. Either both people work at it, one person works at it (the norm), neither work at it.

Oh please. Lol. You cannot continue a "facade" when you are living with someone 24/7. :D
I lived with my wife for 2 years prior to marriage and she acted "differently" once she was official.

Did things change once "she got papers"?

M

I lived with my wife for 2 years prior to marriage and she acted "differently" once she was official.

Well, that's weird. Lol. I don't see how you can hide who you truly are from a person you spend most of your free time with.

Anyways, from what I've seen, a lot of people jump into this marriage contract too soon and before they really know about the person. It is in your best interest to live with that person first. If not, then you know even LESS about them.

Forum List

Back