Conservative v. Liberal: Got to stop this

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Kuz, May 30, 2011.

1. Kuz

Kuz 元気

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    So I noticed people take sides along ideological lines, and are not so compromising about it. This simply put has to stop. Unless the goal of some is to see most not benefit from living in civilization.

Essentially this liberal vs. conservative thing is and always has been crap fed to us to keep us in the dark about what really is going on. We are being treated as mushrooms. I mean not the good sauteed ones either.

I really want to ask this, but am afraid that maybe it will fall on deaf ears. When will we stop this and wake up?

I understand part of this has to do with people not able to understand one another, but if this is the case we must find a way for that to be possible.

This Conservative v. Liberal thing is simply a distraction.
    I am sure I am not the first and not the last person who will be saying.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    how do you stop protecting yourself against lies?

Last edited: May 30, 2011
  3. dblack

dblack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,790
    What is it distracting us from, in your view?

4. eflatminor

eflatminor Classical Liberal

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,081
    It has stopped. It's now big government vs limited government. We don't give a crap if there is an R or a D next to your name. You're either for more or less government. We no longer care what flavor of big government you support. They both are unsustainable and unconstitutional to boot. It's time to get back to individual liberty and fiscal sanity. It's that or the whole thing collapses.

5. Kuz

Kuz 元気

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    not so simple. Both sides want money from oligarchs that are vying for control of this country.
    The corruption with Citizens United is now even more open and legalized.

Though this has always been happening. For me I think the system is reaching its end life.

Leadership all around is currently poor. The mediocre are elevated while the talent isn't even given a chance. This is what I am trying to get across, but you make a very good point too. I agree with you this thing is going to collapse. And it seems when it does the people may be ok with a non-democratic gov't that replaces it. That I do have a problem with.

Last edited: May 30, 2011
  6. Cecilie1200

Cecilie1200 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,052
    When will people stop having differing opinions on what is and isn't a good idea? Never. When will everyone agree on what's the right thing to do? Never.

When will people stop being simpleminded and childish and expecting the real world to be like singing "Kum Bah Yah" around a campfire? Sadly, that's probably never, too.

7. liebuster

liebuster VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +100
    I think kuz is talking about the "R" vs. "D" show that is fed to us by congress and the mainstream media. They make it look like they are so different just to keep us arguing and bickering while they both destroy this nation from within.

8. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,307
    It's Republican vs Democrat - Red vs Blue. Here 'ya go:

Rooster Teeth · Episode 1

Now pick your team dammit!!!!

9. Cecilie1200

Cecilie1200 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,052
    Not my job to try to read minds and parse out what he MEANT to say. If he wanted to talk about Republicans and Democrats, then he should have SAID that, rather than "conservatives and liberals".

The whole point of words and language is to communicate. Perhaps he could try that.

10. C_Clayton_Jones

C_Clayton_Jones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,869
    First, you’ve provided no documentation that our current governmental system is 'un-Constitutional.'

Second, the Constitution states noting about the size of government – this is the government one has in relation to a First World Industrialized Superpower. It’s perfectly sustainable if we’re willing to adhere to the necessary taxing and spending priorities. It’s not about how ‘big’ or ‘small’ the government is, but how well it’s working.

Third, we are currently living in an Era of individual liberty. Unfortunately some cloud and confuse the issue by interpreting ‘individual liberty’ as meaning not being required to pay taxes or acknowledge the rule of law.

Last, the problem is not liberal v. conservative per se, but the blind adherence to political dogma – both left and right – rejecting facts which conflict with that dogma. Until a factual common ground can be realized as a foundation to move ahead with real change, the entire exercise will remain pointless.