Congratulations Scott Brown and Republicans on USMB

I don't think that is true at all.

Then the fact that almost every poll ever taken says otherwise is what?
That is wrong. If I actually even paid attention to polls, I would say that it cannot be be proven that Americans what a public option at all. When we have polls shaping public opinion every day, and each poll has their own agenda, how is it that anyone can say with any certainty that this is what the people want?

The only poll that matters is the one we witnessed yesterday. And they rejected the whole thing pretty convincingly.

Now I know you all have your talking points this morning and your spin and I have already seen someone try to make this look like it was the exact same people who elected Mr. Obama that elected Mr. Brown. I have no problem with people believing what they need to just to get by. But lets not kid ourselves.

The American people do NOT want a public option, despite the propaganda that has been thrown at them in the past 100 years.

Every poll I ever saw said Americans strongly supported a public option. If you have any evidence of any sort to the contrary, you should post it.

And since the final healthcare bill is/was not going to have a public option in it, it is idiocy to say that MA voters voted for Scott Brown as a vote against the public option.

I don't think that is true at all.

WRONG! The majority of Americans may want a public option in A health care bill but they do NOT WANT THE CURRENT BRIBE RIDDEN POS circulating through the halls of Congress.

Wrong? You just effectively supported my position. The Republicans, in alliance with various individual Democrats on various issues, effectively turned this bill into shit.

I'll add my congrats to the New Senator from the state of MA. further it's my hope that this election will send a message to all those that represent us Republican and Democrat alike to take pause when considering legislation the will of those they represent.

Congrats Scott Brown.

That's Senator Scott Brown to you. :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Anyone who stands against not the democrats but the virus of progressiveness within both parties gets my vote. We will see if Scott is one of them. I think he may be - I hope he is.

And, for the record.... he ran a straight, issues based campaign. It worked. It is time to stop the dirty polliticing in this country. Campaign on issues, not your opposition's family.

More support of my general premise. Conservatism is nothing more than a political philosophy that has at its core the desire to stop or impede progress. Fortunately, in America, progress almost always wins, eventually.

Congrats Scott Brown.

Anyone who stands against not the democrats but the virus of progressiveness within both parties gets my vote. We will see if Scott is one of them. I think he may be - I hope he is.

And, for the record.... he ran a straight, issues based campaign. It worked. It is time to stop the dirty polliticing in this country. Campaign on issues, not your opposition's family.

More support of my general premise. Conservatism is nothing more than a political philosophy that has at its core the desire to stop or impede progress. Fortunately, in America, progress almost always wins, eventually.

Conservatism, although some see as an ideology, does not have its core as the desire to impede progress. To the contrary, it opens the door to progress but without eliminating the certain values set forth by our founders that has allowed us to progress and become the strongest, most propserous and most generous nation in the world in a mere 300 years.

I find it interesting that you saw the progress we have acheived as being impeded and or stopped. Really? Can you name any other country that has gorwn to where we are in a mere 300 years? DO you not see this growth in stature and properity as progress? What do you call it? Accidental?

Your candidate won and ran the better campaign. I hope Scott Brown does what he promises, but I highly doubt it.

Tonight, you get to celebrate.

But just recall short history for a moment. How Democrats felt on here in 2008 after the Obama victory vs today. You may just very well feel that way by 2011. Let us see if Scott Brown will truly represent the true change he ran on or whether he is just another member of the establishment.
I have no intention of gloating. I don't live in that state and had no say in his election.

Brown is not a small government Conservative so he really doesn't fit My idea of a good politician.

I just hope that he kills the current health care bill and forces everyone back to the drawing board. If they are going to do the damned thing, and I'm against any of it, at least do it right this time and stop the political payoffs and bribes.

Scott Brown is one guy.

I noticed last night that he didn't mention Republican at all in his acceptance speech. Anyone else catch that??? I think he's more of an Indi and as an Indi this guy appeals to me. I hope he can make a difference, but as I said. He's only one guy. Time will tell on how he pans out.

Gotta like him though.

WRONG! The majority of Americans may want a public option in A health care bill but they do NOT WANT THE CURRENT BRIBE RIDDEN POS circulating through the halls of Congress.

Wrong? You just effectively supported my position. The Republicans, in alliance with various individual Democrats on various issues, effectively turned this bill into shit.

If it were not already "sh*t" as you so eloquently put it, then I am wonderingt why Mr. Obama, Mr. Reid and Ms. Pelosi felt the need to make deals to get votes.

I know...I know...now comes the diversion...."You think Bush did not make deals?"...

Yep...he sure did....Why? Becuase he, too, tried to push "sh*t".

Last edited:
Every poll I ever saw said Americans strongly supported a public option. If you have any evidence of any sort to the contrary, you should post it.

Toplines - Health Care - July 14-15, 2009 - Rasmussen Reports

Pay particular attention to question #2 .......

At least someone around here has the energy to make an effort.

Other polls around that time:

"Do you support or oppose giving people the option of being covered by a government health insurance plan that would compete with private plans?"

Support 62 Oppose 32 Unsure 6 (Quinnipiac)

Creates a government-sponsored public health insurance option to compete with private health insurance plans."

Yes 56 No 36 Undecided 8 (Time)

etc. Health Policy (5)

Your candidate won and ran the better campaign. I hope Scott Brown does what he promises, but I highly doubt it.

Tonight, you get to celebrate.

But just recall short history for a moment. How Democrats felt on here in 2008 after the Obama victory vs today. You may just very well feel that way by 2011. Let us see if Scott Brown will truly represent the true change he ran on or whether he is just another member of the establishment.
I have no intention of gloating. I don't live in that state and had no say in his election.

Brown is not a small government Conservative so he really doesn't fit My idea of a good politician.

I just hope that he kills the current health care bill and forces everyone back to the drawing board. If they are going to do the damned thing, and I'm against any of it, at least do it right this time and stop the political payoffs and bribes.

Scott Brown is one guy.

I noticed last night that he didn't mention Republican at all in his acceptance speech. Anyone else catch that??? I think he's more of an Indi and as an Indi this guy appeals to me. I hope he can make a difference, but as I said. He's only one guy. Time will tell on how he pans out.

Gotta like him though.
As you say. Time will tell. As long as the current problems are addressed I am content to wait to see what kind of politician he will become.

If it were not already "sh*t" as you so eloquently put it, then I am wonderingt why Mr. Obama, Mr. Teid and Ms. Pelosi felt the need to make deals to get votes.

I know...I know...now comes the diversion...."You think Bush did not make deals?"...

I'm not going to defend how they did this. The right way to have done this would have been to have half dozen small healthcare bills, each dealing with a certain set of related aspects, and passed them (or not) one at a time.

You fucking dumb ass.....the negotians were HELD BY DEMOCRATS IN SECRET SESSIONS BEHIND CLOSED DOORS, HIDDEN FROM PUBLIC SCRUTINY BY DEMOCRATS ONLY!!! Now..if you have proof of anything otherwise contrary to this then post it...otherwise shut the trap!!!

Voters in Massachusetts REJECTED Obamacare....I could care less if there was or wasn't a public option in it....healthcare as we see it envisioned by you progressive dipshits in office IS DEAD!!!!!!!

If it were not already "sh*t" as you so eloquently put it, then I am wonderingt why Mr. Obama, Mr. Teid and Ms. Pelosi felt the need to make deals to get votes.

I'm not going to defend how they did this. The right way to have done this would have been to have half dozen small healthcare bills, each dealing with a certain set of related aspects, and passed them (or not) one at a time.

Bingo.
All I asked for as well.
Lets fist see what the issue is and then fix each one at a time.
Like I said months ago......the insurance industry has had a profit of anywahere form 2-4 % overt the last several years...yet the premums conmsistantly went up....so to blame the desire for profit of the inc4rease in premiums is not accurate.
Why did the premiums go up and not profit? Why not first find why they went up and attack THOSE issues?

Honestly....who, besides the Democratic party could screw up a super majority so bad and so quickly, that they lose it barely a year after gaining it. While the GOP remains in a shambles, at this point, are the Democrats truly any better? Who can blame the people in MA, as well as possibly across the US when backroom sweetheart deals are being made with unions and with single states just so they can pass their NUMBER 1 social agenda item?

Then there's the Kennedy factor. I'm betting there are a lot of first-time voters who never bothered before because there was the perception that Kennedy was always going to be a shoe-in.

New faces probably meant a few more people got out and voted. It would be interesting to the see the number of people who voted compared to Kennedy's last win.

The folks up here in MA have tired of the Kennedys. There name doesn't carry as much power as it once did. Many of the voters were turned off when members of the Kennedy family campaigned for her.

You fucking dumb ass.....the negotians were HELD BY DEMOCRATS IN SECRET SESSIONS BEHIND CLOSED DOORS, HIDDEN FROM PUBLIC SCRUTINY BY DEMOCRATS ONLY!!! Now..if you have proof of anything otherwise contrary to this then post it...otherwise shut the trap!!!

Behave.

The House PASSED a bill with a public option months ago. The Senate bill doesn't have a public option because they couldn't get 60 votes for it.

Honestly....who, besides the Democratic party could screw up a super majority so bad and so quickly, that they lose it barely a year after gaining it. While the GOP remains in a shambles, at this point, are the Democrats truly any better? Who can blame the people in MA, as well as possibly across the US when backroom sweetheart deals are being made with unions and with single states just so they can pass their NUMBER 1 social agenda item?

Then there's the Kennedy factor. I'm betting there are a lot of first-time voters who never bothered before because there was the perception that Kennedy was always going to be a shoe-in.

New faces probably meant a few more people got out and voted. It would be interesting to the see the number of people who voted compared to Kennedy's last win.

The folks up here in MA have tired of the Kennedys. There name doesn't carry as much power as it once did. Many of the voters were turned off when members of the Kennedy family campaigned for her.

When did the Kennedy's start campaigning for her?
The last two weeks?

Congrats Scott Brown.

See my avatar ;)

In my opinion, from browns state senate voting record, he is an independant republican.

Project Vote Smart - Senator-elect Scott P. Brown - Voting Record

When did the Kennedy's start campaigning for her?
The last two weeks?

Yeah.
They endorsed her from the start, but didn't start campaigning for her until her poll numbers started to drop.

Forum List

Back