Congratulations Scott Brown and Republicans on USMB

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Modbert, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    Your candidate won and ran the better campaign. I hope Scott Brown does what he promises, but I highly doubt it.

Tonight, you get to celebrate.

But just recall short history for a moment. How Democrats felt on here in 2008 after the Obama victory vs today. You may just very well feel that way by 2011. Let us see if Scott Brown will truly represent the true change he ran on or whether he is just another member of the establishment.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. xotoxi

xotoxi Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,492
    Congrats Scott Brown.

3. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,918
    Nice one Dogbert.

4. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,214
    As great as it is, we should try not to gloat. There is still too much to be done rolling back the Obama-Bush agenda.

5. Darkwind

Darkwind Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,263
    I have no intention of gloating. I don't live in that state and had no say in his election.

Brown is not a small government Conservative so he really doesn't fit My idea of a good politician.

I just hope that he kills the current health care bill and forces everyone back to the drawing board. If they are going to do the damned thing, and I'm against any of it, at least do it right this time and stop the political payoffs and bribes.

6. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,702
    I am hopeful that the election of Scott Brown will send a very clear and loud message to Washington. The majority of the American people do not like the direction Obama and the Congress are leading this country into. Clearly the majority of Americans do not want Cap and Trade and the Health Care Reform Bill that the Democrats are trying to ram down our throats. If I was a Democrat politician, I would pay very close attention to this election and decide to follow the will of the American people and quit being so arragant and treating the public as if they have no say. They are elected to serve us - not themselves.

7. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    there are no elections in 11.....that said.....ted kennedy's mass sent a message to washington.....stop spending like bush...stop sending troops to the middle east like bush....take care of domestic issues....did he listen....nope....and....

there have been a couple of other states in the past year since obama beat "bush" that went from dem to pub.....wonder if the dem politicians will get the message and stop spending and ramming legislation through.....

i said the dems would overplay their hand and miss-read the 08 elections.....

8. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    If you seriously think the payoffs and bribes will stop from either side, I have news for you. :lol:

9. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    Honestly....who, besides the Democratic party could screw up a super majority so bad and so quickly, that they lose it barely a year after gaining it. While the GOP remains a shambles, at this point, are the Democrats truly any better? Who can blame the people in MA, as well as possibly across the US when backroom sweetheart deals are being made with unions and with single states just so they can pass their NUMBER 1 social agenda item?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  10. Dr Grump

Dr Grump Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,220
    But his opponent was awful....