College sports have been destroyed

I am not aware of any personal department in any company.

Nothing wrong with athletes attending college...provided that they are qualified STUDENTS, and make normal progress toward a degree, and are paying their own way. And "sports" of any kind as a MAJOR is preposterous. A waste of time, money, and oxygen.

I disagree with you. Student athletes have to qualify and make normal progress toward a degree. If they don't, they don't play.

And scholarships are offered for virtually every facet of college. That is a good thing.

Transfer portal sit outs, going to the NFL sit outs, big cash payments pushing all the best talent to a few universities, players leaving school early, the power 5 becoming the power 2...

It goes on and on.

The college game has been destroyed. Both football and basketball.

I won't even watch the bowl games this year as a result. None of the better players will even compete.
I agree.
Look at the Big "Ten" next year.
Players will be traveling all over the country now... to hell with their education I guess.
For the past 10 years, college basketball is not college basketball. It is "Pre-NBA".

ORE could not be stopped. Liberty seldom got the ball. I lost that one. I parlayed Liberty +21.5 with ORE winning to get some payback.

IOWA couldn’t score in a womens Prison with a handful of pardons. Running up the middle down 21 in the 4th?
TENN was pretty good. They recently alliwed 56 to MO but zero to Iowa? Huh? SEC won two over Big10 today already. Lost parlay OVER 36.5 and IOWA +7.5.

thank God LSU came thru my BET creation.

I disagree with you. Student athletes have to qualify and make normal progress toward a degree. If they don't, they don't play.

And scholarships are offered for virtually every facet of college. That is a good thing.

so you say. So they tell you that.

The overwhelming majority of the players will not make it to tryouts in professional sports let alone making teams. They better be getting educated. However, there are many who are not.

I agree.
Look at the Big "Ten" next year.
Players will be traveling all over the country now... to hell with their education I guess.
For the past 10 years, college basketball is not college basketball. It is "Pre-NBA".

Nothing wrong, IMHO, going to the NBA early. College is about refining skills for the real world isn't it?
You can graduate early in all disciples, isn't going to the NBA early no differant than getting your law degree early? Or any degree you need for what you will pursue?

There are things that bother me about college football. But leaving early isn't one of them.

If the young man has an opportunity to go to the NFL, he should be able to go after his junior year. If need be, he can finish his degree from the NFL.

The overwhelming majority of the players will not make it to tryouts in professional sports let alone making teams. They better be getting educated. However, there are many who are not.

This is true in many fields and they do get an education. Read my posts in this thread.

Forum List

Back