Civil War in the USA?

There will be no civil war in the usual sense. In some ways we are already at war. Special interest groups are certainly fighting over resources that are starting to dwindle. Twhen obama makes energy unaffordable there will be some pitched battles.

Read the constitution - America has already been destroyed. We have public searches, seizures of private information, controlled media and control over what one can say. We no longer have any privacy, and no right to refuse self-incrimination. we have lost as least part of all nine of the rights listed in the Bill of Rights and the states have lost their rights in spite of the 10th amendment.
The value of our money is dropping world-wide. We no longer manufacture to export we simply export jobs and money. Less than 60% of the working age population is actually working and the national debt is well beyond our means to pay it. China has been authorized to buy government bonds without any middle man and will own half the USA government in less than 20 years.

Yes, I see a civil war coming, when the government can no longer pay for the programs that have enslaved the non-working and working population. It may be the only thing that finally unites the people to stand up and take America back.

Well, if it's really that bad, maybe you should just hand the country back to England and apologise for breaking it.

Actually, as the far right militia groups and their fervent glorification of religious cults (such as is evidenced in the Waco incident), culminating in the Oklahoma City federal building bombing is probably much closer to anything actually resembling domestic armed insurgency and rebellion than anything that happened in the '60s.

No, IMO. Way too small an insurgent group. You have to have more people involved than that, and less ......obviously radical and violent.

The '60s near-miss was almost all college students, a very mainstream population (which is why the openly communist leaders got nowhere with their doctrines: we just wanted to stop the war).

And the French Revolution was wholly initiated by intellectuals, doctors, lawyers, clergy, and other well-educated ....idiots.

It got out of hand, and the mob ruled and the crazies and power-hungry who grabbed power. Hundreds of thousands died by guillotine, drowning, and civil war.

Such a problem in revolutions..... Stalin. It will happen here, too.

Political asassinations, ranging from JFK to Malcolm X to Norman Rockwell. race riots. National Guard in our cities, draft card burnings, flag burnings, campus riots. Hardhats vs long haired kids in the streets. I lived in Atlanta, and did not attend the MLK funeral because I was utterly convinced that there would be gunfire in the streets. The cities were burning down all over America. revolution was in the air, and it scared the hell out of me. What is going on now is equivelent to having a bad hair day.

Last edited:
The difference between the 60s and now is like the difference between having a bad cold with runny sore nose and red eyes or terminal cancer where you don't look bad at all. In the 60s we were still one people even if we fought a lot. We are not one people any more. What's holding us together? Is it shared morals, traditions, values ? What? Love for obama isn't an option.

The difference between the 60s and now is like the difference between having a bad cold with runny sore nose and red eyes or terminal cancer where you don't look bad at all. In the 60s we were still one people even if we fought a lot. We are not one people any more. What's holding us together? Is it shared morals, traditions, values ? What? Love for obama isn't an option.

Speak for yourself, Katz. In 1968, the man in the White House was trying to kill me, and the only thing I had in common with him was that we lived in the same country. The blacks were rioting all over America and the Black Panthers were advocating war against white America. People were escaping to Canada, at the risk of losing their citizenship. The left was marching in the streets shouting in favor of Ho Chi Min, while the hard hats were comeing from the other direction with baseball bats. The Democratic Party convention was only able to continue with their business because Daley brutalized the protestors, resulting in riots that lasted for days.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYp1JgwotXU]1968 chicago police vs protesters - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

Speak for yourself, Katz. In 1968, the man in the White House was trying to kill me, and the only thing I had in common with him was that we lived in the same country. The blacks were rioting all over America and the Black Panthers were advocating war against white America. People were escaping to Canada, at the risk of losing their citizenship. The left was marching in the streets shouting in favor of Ho Chi Min, while the hard hats were comeing from the other direction with baseball bats. The Democratic Party convention was only able to continue with their business because Daley brutalized the protestors, resulting in riots that lasted for days.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYp1JgwotXU]1968 chicago police vs protesters - YouTube[/ame]

I don't think anyone who lived through the 60's would use the term one people to describe the decade. There were more riots in the 1960's than any decade in either the 20th or 21st century.

List of incidents of civil unrest in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by a moderator:
Civil war is inevitable. Will it happen in our life time? I don't know. Signs are pointing that way, but every society has has internal fighting.

I you're going to keep spending money on wars, why not spend it at home?
No more off-shoring!
Support the domestic economy.

A lot of dissafected Americans believe that a civil war or secession of one or more states is coming the USA.

Is this just the normal level of political malcontention, or is something new and significant taking place?

Should we really fear a large group of extremist Americans, say 10,000 or so, taking up arms against the govt?

Political partisanship is at a very high level currently, but we are not headed toward civil war. Even most of the nutters out there don't want that.

I hope there is. Its our only hope left. The government will never give up its power so it must be taken back by the people.

That's what the voting booth is for. If you are that dissatisfied, run for political office. Make a difference. Give people your vision. Of course, they may not buy into your vision, but that's a chance you'll have to take.

A lot of dissafected Americans believe that a civil war or secession of one or more states is coming the USA.

Yes, the rise of the CSA is still the delusion of some. Has been since 1865 or so

Is this just the normal level of political malcontention, or is something new and significant taking place?

I think it's sort of normal. Reminds me of the late 60s and early 70s. Lots of Americans thought a civil war was inevitable then, too

Should we really fear a large group of extremist Americans, say 10,000 or so, taking up arms against the govt?

Only if the 10,000 are part of a coup d' etat. And in that case we outsiders probably won't even know it happened..

But as to 10,000 teabaggers or OWSers fulmenting revolution?

Not bloody likely

Political asassinations, ranging from JFK to Malcolm X to Norman Rockwell. race riots. National Guard in our cities, draft card burnings, flag burnings, campus riots. Hardhats vs long haired kids in the streets. I lived in Atlanta, and did not attend the MLK funeral because I was utterly convinced that there would be gunfire in the streets. The cities were burning down all over America. revolution was in the air, and it scared the hell out of me. What is going on now is equivelent to having a bad hair day.

I agree. But that was an incipient civil war that never quite came off.

Nothing is going on now, just talk.

But it's an ominous, widespread talk and that's what this thread is about, whether it means a revolution is developing for the future. I think so.

I think you underestimate the underground swelling and support that the "race war" militias had (and have) among the far right, which actually has several political infrastructure "friendlies" and alliances (Tea party, fundamental Christian zealots, and every other fringe right radical group - KKK, NeoNazis, etc.,) as well as a substantial business community/economic influence and support. Of course, revolutions rarely go as those who aspire to them have designed and planned,...luckily.

No, I don't think I do underestimate it and I agree there is a WHOLE lot of underground support. I live in the country; I know. I just don't think the right will start it. It will be started by the left, as usual, and then there will be a big struggle, and then the right will win (the right has superior numbers).

I don't know why you think it is lucky revolutions don't go as planned: they are universally planned by middle and upperclass young people, who never expect the mobs taking over and the riots and the looting and the crime and the hangings and lynchings. The gross corruption and stealing. The internecine fighting and murders among the quarreling central groups. The always-violent jockeying for power, since strongmen always rise to take over the country, drawn by the political vacuum.

The ONLY people I see talking about civil war are the conservatives who are dissatisfied that people won't vote for their corporatist candidates. Conservatism is a failed ideology which has nearly destroyed the world economy but conservatives have been so brainwashed into believing that the poor are the problem and greed is good, that they are willing to vote against their own self-interests. Liberals are not voting for "free stuff", they're voting against an agenda which transfers wealth upward.

The people I see talking revolution, are angry white people who hate it that a black man is president.

The ONLY people I see talking about civil war are the conservatives who are dissatisfied that people won't vote for their corporatist candidates. Conservatism is a failed ideology which has nearly destroyed the world economy but conservatives have been so brainwashed into believing that the poor are the problem and greed is good, that they are willing to vote against their own self-interests. Liberals are not voting for "free stuff", they're voting against an agenda which transfers wealth upward.

The people I see talking revolution, are angry white people who hate it that a black man is president.

There you go. Actual living domestic terrorists are part of and supported by the democrat party but the spin is that old bald Vets and little old grey haired members of the Tea Party who carry a copy of the Constitution in their back pockets are secret revolutionaries. I'll say it again, fear mongering about "civil war" is an efficient tool of repressive regimes.

I believe that its possible. The reason that the south succeeded in the last cival war was because they were afraid of losing power. And as far as I'm concerned. We as american citizens are. Losing control.

When just about everyone is out of work and you have to wait on line a day for food and when you
get to the door they close it in your face.No oil to heat your home...

Oh yeah...it's coming.

Forum List

Back