Zone1 Is the future of the civil rights movement in question?

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
The Future of the civil Rights movement
is very cloudy indeed. As this country
slowly but surely bleeds out its caucasian populous in favor of the new and more dominant Latino gene pool....who will see to it that everyone is taught to hate and to fear?

When Cinco de Mayo overshadows
Martin Luther King Day as a heritage holiday will the guardians of all that is politically correct and politically proper be there to protect the past?

When little Juan comes home from school to ask his Pepito why the teacher wants him to accept that he is a racist because he's not as dark as his friend Jaquan what will Pepito say? He's only been in the country for 5 years and never went to school in Mehikko! He has no idea who Martin Luther King is or what the hell the civil rights movement was. His only childhood hero is Pancho Villa.

Think I'm joking here?

 jo

Last edited:
Why would the civil rights movement be in danger? Is it because there are whites who don't want to respect the rights of non whites?

slowly but surely bleeds out its caucasian populous in favor of the new and more dominant Latino gene pool....who will see to it that everyone is taught to hate and to fear?

Martin Luther King Day as a heritage holiday will the guardians of all that is politically correct and politically proper be there to protect the past?

When little Juan comes home from school to ask his Pepito why the teacher wants him to accept that he is a racist because he's not as dark as his friend Jaquan what will Pepito say? He's only been in the country for 5 years and never went to school in Mehikko! He has no idea who Martin Luther King is or what the hell the civil rights movement was. His only childhood hero is Pancho Villa.

Think I'm joking here?

 jo
"Maybe Cinco de Mayo overshadows" because $1.00 Margaritas, great music, fireworks, and dancing is a lot more fun than marching, carrying banners and listening to preachers preach, and politicians pontificate. What do you think?

"Maybe Cinco de Mayo overshadows" because $1.00 Margaritas, great music, fireworks, and dancing is a lot more fun than marching, carrying banners and listening to preachers preach, and politicians pontificate. What do you think?
I think we are doing a very poor job of passing on the past to the next generation and I also think that the civil Rights movement is something that's basically unique to the black and white population of North America. It's not going to have any staying power going forward. There's no reason for it.

Having said that I've been to a few Hispanic bashes and they are absolutely a blast.

I have always been a Civil Rights advocate.
But unfortunately the Civil Rights movement has devolved into hate nowadays.

I think we are doing a very poor job of passing on the past to the next generation and I also think that the civil Rights movement is something that's basically unique to the black and white population of North America. It's not going to have any staying power going forward. There's no reason for it.

Having said that I've been to a few Hispanic bashes and they are absolutely a blast.
Actually Hispanics and Asians were part of civil rights and continue to be.

Last edited:
I have always been a Civil Rights advocate.
But unfortunately the Civil Rights movement has devolved into hate nowadays.
I think my point here is that our nation is evolving. It's happening very quickly.
Selling slave guilt to a new generation that doesn't share our heritage will be more than challenging and in a practical sense almost self-defeating.

Well the left is certainly destroying women's rights advancement in the name of the T's in LGBTQ+ so anything is possible.

We have a government and those who endorse it that is erasing American history and replacing it with 'woke' doctrine/narrative that from all appearances intends to subjugate all (of whatever skin color or ethnicity) to second class citizenship if they do not embrace and endorse that doctrine. It is happening in government--appointees are selected via skin color, ethnicity, altered gender, sexual orientation. The military has to undergo sensitivity training and become woke or they are ferreted out as 'right wing extremists.'

It is happening in entertainment. For example no movie without a predominant character from a protected minority group can be nominated for an Oscar. It is happening in media, in big business, in sports, it is rampant in all levels of education and even in many religious institutions.

I live in a state with a plurality of Hispanics, a minority of non-Hispanic white people. (The rest are mostly Navajo, Apache, Hopi, Pueblo people and a small representation of other races.) The vast majority of those who are citizens and probably most of those who are not are not a problem here. The Hispanic people are maybe less likely to be 'woke' than are the Anglos (non Hispanic whites are 'Anglos' here regardless of where their ancestors lived.) The only problem are that so many elected to city and state government do not campaign 'woke' but that's how they govern once they get into office.

We see that happening at the federal level too.

Think I'm joking here?

 jo
I don't think you're joking, just sincerely ignorant. The Latino immigrants coming here have also faced exploitation at the hands of American foreign policy and the vestiges of colonialism. They come here because this is where the wealth of our nation's has ended up and who owns that wealth doesn't simply change because demographics change. That demographic change must be followed through with political change that can force economic change that could lead to economic justice for all our immigrant and Black American communities. There is good reason to see common cause.

Cinco de Mayo is an American drinking holiday like St. Patrick's Day. Fortunately Mexicans love a Fiesta too much to care where it came from.

I don't think you're joking, just sincerely ignorant. The Latino immigrants coming here have also faced exploitation at the hands of American foreign policy and the vestiges of colonialism. They come here because this is where the wealth of our nation's has ended up and who owns that wealth doesn't simply change because demographics change. That demographic change must be followed through with political change that can force economic change that could lead to economic justice for all our immigrant and Black American communities. There is good reason to see common cause.
Ahhh.... No one is debating that.
What I'm debating is whether or not they'll give a crap about the history of the American civil rights movement. I don't see why they should and I don't think they're going to.

Why would the civil rights movement be in danger? Is it because there are whites who don't want to respect the rights of non whites?

lol phonies like you killed it by the end of the1970's. You turned it into a running joke.

I like Cinco De Mayo. Even though Mexico lost the battle they got rid of the French, so it's okay with me. I love Mexican food and Tejano music.

Ahhh.... No one is debating that.
What I'm debating is whether or not they'll give a crap about the history of the American civil rights movement. I don't see why they should and I don't think they're going to.
Why wouldn't they? They are also products of colonialism.

It killed itself by letting every other marginal group dogpile into and then take over the movement.

Gay beats race, women beats man, and fake woman beats actual woman.

lol phonies like you killed it by the end of the1970's. You turned it into a running joke.
They are trying to paint this picture of a United front. I don't see it anywhere I look. Asians are part of the civil rights movement? Since when? Is that why blacks despise them? Hispanics marching arm in arm over the bridge in Selma? Nope.....don't see it. What I do see is the fading of history as it gives way to a new era of acceptance.
It killed itself by letting every other marginal group dogpile into and then take over the movement.

Gay beats race, women beats man, and fake woman beats actual woman.
Wow...good observation

Forum List

Back